HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Tires & Rims for Winter

My dad had the same car as me before so he gave me his set of winter tires mounted on rims. The rims look like **** and tires are half worn. The wheels are steel so they're rusting a bit from the salt. I won't use my alloys in the winter because they're in mint condition and I don't want the salt eating away at my precious alloys.

Those are the same wheels I have now for the winter. I know I can't just spray over the rust because it will 1) look like **** and 2) the rust will just come through the paint again. Would it wise to sand-blast the wheels and re-spray them or should I just cut my losses and buy a new wheel & tire package?
    I'm at a point in my life where I don't care if you like me or you don't. If you like me, cool. If you don't, meh.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Surprised you're not buying a new car tbh but yeah, cut your losses and buy the package.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I too am not surprised you haven't just decided to buy a whole new G4 spec Land Rover Discovery

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by danzooo View Post
    I too am not surprised you haven't just decided to buy a whole new G4 spec Land Rover Discovery
    Why would I get a Discovery when my family already has a S/C Range Rover?
    I'm at a point in my life where I don't care if you like me or you don't. If you like me, cool. If you don't, meh.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

you could just get away with sealing and waxing your alloys and they should be fine

drink up this bottle of yeah
    and P A I N T your body on me

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Why do people even bother? We have alloys and have never bothered with rubbish like this, we just clean them when winter is over and they look as if they just came out of the factory :S

(On mum's 307 CC and dad's past Audis anyways, we'll probably do the same on our XC60 again this year...)
    Last edited by Recursion; 15-09-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens

They're winter wheels, who cares about looks? It'll be for a few months. It's only surface rust so it's not like they're going to disappear.

"This is Ford country and on a quiet day you can hear the Vauxhalls rusting."

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Metric1 View Post
    Why would I get a Discovery when my family already has a S/C Range Rover?
    Aren't they like 70k each?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Why bother changing wheels/tyres that are perfectly fine just for the winter? :S I keep my current alloys on over winter and just drive a tad slower so I dont mow into a brick wall when driving on snow and ice because I dont get winter tyres.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I have winter wheels, as the excess salt on the roads eats my unlaquered dishes, but with regards to the rust and what not just give it a sanding down and then spray them. If I was you I'd just do them black and get some OEM trims.

i'm the star in the reasonably priced car!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast