HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

i'm a little more upfront online but other than that i'd say i'm pretty much the same. i didn't used to be but i guess i just thought **** it, sorta like ryan. i used to care soooo much about what other people thought about me irl but i don't really care as much now as i used to. i think my online personality used to be a reflection of who i really wanted to be irl but once i realised how much happier i was with my "online self" i stopped being so worried about what people thought in the real world and let my "true colours" show.

i think spending so much time online when i was younger made me something i didn't want to be. i'd be more worried about what was going on online than in my real life. but now i'd say i'm pretty much fine and my online and irl personas are the same.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shaz

Latest Awards:

1) do you think your personality online is the same as your offline personality?
    nothing alike. irl at school i dont even get to voice my opinion due to the way my year is layed out into orders of whos important and whos a ****. im happy to be happily in the middle. prob wouldnt think this but im actually quiet irl!!! online yeah its fair to say im bad but i just try and really be myself instead of not being able to get a word in irl.
    2) which personality is more 'you'
    probably online, the order for my school irl is just messed up.
    3) do you think how you act online affects your real life personality?
    yeah lol makes me a ton more rude :|

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Naw I'm exactly the same online as I am irl, I love cracking jokes and being jolly there's honestly no point trying to impress people over the internet
    That's why we seize the moment, try to freeze it and own it, squeeze it and hold it cause we consider these minutes golden.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

I'm the same in real life apart from being a ****, in the past I wouldn't think when insulting someone but in real life i would always put myself in the other persons shoes and i was brought up to treat people how you would like to be treated but that went out the hotel window.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens
    Habbo
    twinart

Latest Awards:

No, not at all. Although I shared some of my personal info, I'm still safe.

Ekelektra is offline Content Design Manager
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (Erin)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ekelektra

Latest Awards:

1) do you think your personality online is the same as your offline personality?
    In real life I amextremelyshy and quiet around people until I warm up to them and then I'm loud and friendly. I'm exactly the same as this online but I think I warm up to people faster online. I type exactly how I speak too, irl I even put smiley faces after writing stuff.
    Although irl I am a lot more reserved I don't swear as much, and I usually speak without thinking, here if I type something that isn't gonna make sense you can just backspace it like I've done many times just writing this. There's no Ctrl-Z offline.

Well I think I act more like myself online. Offline I always worry about EVERYTHING and although I do that here too, I don't do it as much. The me at home around my family is more like the online me, then the me around friends is.

Um... Well I would like to say that I'm more confident but I don't think I really am. I swear more in real life now though!

Tokens
    Habbo
    .Shar.

Latest Awards:

This is a really interesting topic.

More or less, I find it difficult to approach people online and to start discussions without seeming really annoying or worrying that I will appear like that.

My real life personality is, I don't try and create a fake personality online

I think weirdly enough I'm a bit more confident irl because of online if that makes any sense at all and I learn not to act in certain ways and sometimes I learn I can be quite immature or something and I try to change that.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I would say I was more concious of how I behave online rather than irl. There hasn't been a time since I was 10 where I spend super elongated periods away from the internet really, and yes that has obviously affected my development. Idk I would say in the past that my personality on here was very different to that irl because I was far more self-concious and worried about people not liking me irl. I feel like in recent years I've actually sort of settled on what sort of person I want to be and what aspects I want to portray to certain people, and this would have happened without me reflecting on the different parts of my personality I felt I had in difference spheres of life. I would say I was more outspoken on here, but that's mainly because I just get more frustrated at people and annoyed by people on here. In real life if someone's annoying me I generally try to walk away, ignore them or tell them to shut up because I don't find confrontation beneficial especially when I want to maintain a relationship with someone, but online it is far easier to have a bit of an outburst if someone's being a ****.

There are huge positives to spending time on here though, mainly in terms of provoking me to think more and developed my communication skills. Also I think having relationships with people purely over the internet is quite nice. For me it hasdefinitelygiven me more confidence to just talk to people without being scared if they're going to respond negatively.

tumblr
    | twitter | lastfm
    skype name: rosierozi

Tokens
    Habbo
    lxce

Latest Awards:

yeah they i'm the same now because i don't spend as long on here an i no longer care but when i was younger and first became a DJ and that i was friends with people a lot (like 3 years which is a big difference from 13 to 16) older so was differentobviously because otherwise there would have been little to no similarities. Now i'm 17 thought it's easier to be yourself. Also never have the trouble with facebook or twitter or anything because it's my real life friends who see that anyway and know what i'm like so i don't see why anyone has a reason to be fake on social networking sites where they know the people.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Cromwell

Latest Awards:

1) Yes, in some ways. But I am a lot more shy offline.
    2) Probably my online personality, but they are pretty close to eachother
    3) Not really, i'm pretty much the same all the time. So I dont really think my actions online affect me irl

Good thread btw

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast