HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Are you going to uni...?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep

21 44.68%
  • I'm still in School/College.

18 38.30%
  • lmao, no!

8 17.02%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    You might get to meet Hecktix lucky devil.

Anyway, there was also the cost that put me off :p.
    Awww Sam, the cost shouldn't put you off at all. You don't start paying it back until you're earning over £22,000 and only then it works out at £90 per year. It's highly unlikely that people will repay the full amount as it's written off after 30 years anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarkie View Post
    Oh best of luck bud I'm heading down to Portsmouth uni
    Thank you! You too!

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty-Six View Post
    Going into 12th grade this coming school year I'm Head Boy too!
    I was the Head Boy in Year 11, woooo!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

You might get to meet Hecktix lucky devil.

Anyway, there was also the cost that put me off :p.
    Most Unis are offering far more busaries + scholarships this year

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    Awww Sam, the cost shouldn't put you off at all. You don't start paying it back until you're earning over £22,000 and only then it works out at £90 per year. It's highly unlikely that people will repay the full amount as it's written off after 30 years anyway.

Thank you! You too!

I was the Head Boy in Year 11, woooo!!
    @lawrawrrr;

Yeah maybe so but it's still the wonder whether I'd fail or not and not like it. I'd rather try get a job than go to uni for 3/4 years and not get anywhere.

Also @luce; I remember seeing his hometown or something of Lancaster that's why I said it - geography's not my strong point .

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

@Samanfa; Fair enough! It is quite tense when you don't know LOL

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jurv

Latest Awards:

nope. i'm starting college this year! good luck to those who are going university though, haha

Tokens
    Habbo
    .Shar.

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jarkie View Post
    I'm starting this Sep & I really can't wait I am going to study Criminology and Forensics :cool_blue any other criminology students out there? :>
    That sounds great

If everything goes to plan... yes! Need AAB to get into Lancaster University to study BA English Language. They offer two minor options too, so I'm considering either Sociology, Criminology or Sociolinguistics.
    Sociolinguistics sounds interesting, what does that entail?

Quote Originally Posted by luce View Post
    He studies Psychology at Royal Holloway??

And i'm going to UCL to study Psychology before doing a masters in forensics and either being head hunted by the FBI or running MI5. I'd take either. ;-)
    that would be cool

@lawrawrrr;

Yeah maybe so but it's still the wonder whether I'd fail or not and not like it. I'd rather try get a job than go to uni for 3/4 years and not get anywhere.

Also @luce; I remember seeing his hometown or something of Lancaster that's why I said it - geography's not my strong point .
    Aww Sam you never know, going through 3/4 years of uni especially with a sandwich year (placement), may get you somewhere or give you a starting point. However, having said that, uni isn't the only option, find the best that suits you. Good luck with finding a job

I should be going to uni this year hopefully.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Shar View Post
    Sociolinguistics sounds interesting, what does that entail?
    Sociolinguistics looks at how language differs in relation to one's region, occupation, class, gender and ethnicity. There's some modules in the main English Language degree that allow me to look at English in a social context / Accents, Dialects / etc, so perhaps I'll just stick with that and choose Sociology and Criminology as my two additional. Not sure yet!

Tokens
    Habbo
    .Shar.

Latest Awards:

Sociolinguistics looks at how language differs in relation to one's region, occupation, class, gender and ethnicity. There's some modules in the main English Language degree that allow me to look at English in a social context / Accents, Dialects / etc, so perhaps I'll just stick with that and choose Sociology and Criminology as my two additional. Not sure yet!
    Wow that sounds so interesting I'd love to do that! Although sociology and criminology sounds more compatible and they're very interesting subjects to study as well.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jarkie

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by luce View Post
    He studies Psychology at Royal Holloway??

And i'm going to UCL to study Psychology before doing a masters in forensics and either being head hunted by the FBI or running MI5. I'd take either. ;-)
    I would love to work for MI5 oneday! but my main goal is to become a forensic officer or detective

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty-Six View Post
    Going into 12th grade this coming school year I'm Head Boy too!
    Oh nice one! When i was in school, I was a senior prefect and I was one out of three to get judged and interviews to become the 'head' but I didn't get it :L lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    Most Unis are offering far more busaries + scholarships this year
    Indeed, my friend has got a scholarship from Uni. of Kent for her journalism Hons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurv View Post
    nope. i'm starting college this year! good luck to those who are going university though, haha
    Ohh best of luck, what subject have you chosen?

Wooah, that sounds quite interesting! Depending on what filed you wish to enter you might want to do Sociology and Criminology as it will open more doors for you

Quote Originally Posted by Shar View Post
    Wow that sounds so interesting I'd love to do that! Although sociology and criminology sounds more compatible and they're very interesting subjects to study as well.
    Do you study anything Shar? Or already have done?
    Last edited by Jarkie; 21-06-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    .Shar.

Latest Awards:

@Jarkie I've just finished A level exams this week and now I'm waiting for results day to see if I have got the grades I need for uni

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast