HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    chantellehugs

Latest Awards:

Default Learning a language

I've been doing research on uni courses and a lot of the uni's I've looked at are asking for a language GCSE as a requirement, which I don't have.
    Does anyone know if it's possible to learn a language independently and then take the exam? I did do french up until the start of year 10 but then I decided I didn't want to do it because I didn't have any interest due to not enjoying the way the lessons were taught.

Tokens
    Habbo
    .Shar.

Latest Awards:

What course are you looking to do at uni? And yes it is possible to take language exams externally I believe.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

I didn't do a language at GCSE either and I spoke to a university person at this careers day at my college and they suggested that I could just do one year abroad (in addition) as an alternative. That's just an alternative to taking an exam.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

not sure if this is the same for all unis but at mine you can do a language (beginner, intermediate etc) alongside any course you do. maybe you could do this?
    *Removed*

moderator alert Signature removed by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images that exceed your usergroup limit

Tokens
    Habbo
    AlexJRiley

Latest Awards:

You can do external GCSE's like resits at most colleges, look around your area and see if you can do like a crash course in the 6 weeks then you wont have to wait another year

Tokens
    Habbo
    chantellehugs

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Shar View Post
    What course are you looking to do at uni? And yes it is possible to take language exams externally I believe.
    Ancient History, thankfully it's not every uni that's asking for a language GCSE but quite a few I was thinking of are. I've been thinking about learning a language recently, just out of interest, but if I did start learning one I wouldn't have a qualification to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    I didn't do a language at GCSE either and I spoke to a university person at this careers day at my college and they suggested that I could just do one year abroad (in addition) as an alternative. That's just an alternative to taking an exam.
    I guess I could ask them about it when I go to the open days. A lot of my friends who took french at GCSE a year ago can't remember half of it...so they can't technically 'speak' french, I think it's such a silly requirement.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by chantellehugs View Post
    I guess I could ask them about it when I go to the open days. A lot of my friends who took french at GCSE a year ago can't remember half of it...so they can't technically 'speak' french, I think it's such a silly requirement.
    Same, I could understand if it was relevant but the course I want to do is law, so if I study English law why would I ever need another language? They're just being picky for the sake of it nowadays.