HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

How very british. Getting off with random person you've only just met and then putting it all over facebook. haha.

I enjoyed it. Mr Bean's bit was the best though. Facial expression of the conductor was hilarious.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jordesh

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dirrty View Post
    can someone tell me why everything was said in french first? (and not atleast second, after english).
    Quote Originally Posted by EricYong! View Post
    didnt know that's french but yeah why french?
    French and English are the official languages of the Modern Olympic Games. Some French dude actually started the Modern Games so I'm guessing French goes before English.

I absolutely loved the Opening Ceremony, packed so much of our history into that short space of time and the cauldron was bloody amazing.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Everyone is probably all patriotic after last night. France better watch out, you might invade them lol

Tokens

Latest Awards:

can someone tell me why everything was said in french first? (and not atleast second, after english).
    Because English and French are the official languages of the olympics and French is more widely spoken as an official second language than English is (as far as I know?) and the founder was French, so it's always first.

Whilst I was a bit confused at the start with all the farmers and then the aristocrats with their top hats and tails the ceremony did get better through the night. Danny Boyle did a really good job, I enjoyed it.
    Last edited by Kyle; 28-07-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

backing niger to win all

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I keep seeing people praising the opening ceremony but the only bit I saw was when they're in some mock-up council house texting each other and dancing, and that was seriously crap
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    I keep seeing people praising the opening ceremony but the only bit I saw was when they're in some mock-up council house texting each other and dancing, and that was seriously crap
    i thought it was ridiculous how they were going through all the eras and then there were teens texting each other during the 60s/70s which was just like what everyone's like the whole thing was amazing, awesome etc. but i thought the beginning was blah, but got better as everything progressed. at the beginning though, i said to my friends that dizzee rascal will probably appear (in the ~modern era) and obviously paul mccartney as any event in the UK = he has to be there.

was surprised there were no hooded youths, big ben or the red phone box tbf. it seemed like they (danny boyle or whomever) were trying to throw ANYTHING associated with britain. i described the ceremony as an essay where a student just writes about everything and anything with hopes of it turning out good/getting a good mark.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Hmm, I think I preferred our Opening Ceremony to Beijing... It got a bit boring hearing drums and fireworks for more than 20 minutes. With the London opening ceremony there was lots going on with plenty to see, but it could be patrioticism sinking in or because 2008 was a long time ago

Definitely was more than to be expected, especially with the cauldron and the Queen.

The teenagers that lit the cauldron must of completely destroyed the bets people made on who will be lighting it. The odds were in favour of Redgrave and the Queen at one point.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

i thought it was ridiculous how they were going through all the eras and then there were teens texting each other during the 60s/70s which was just like what
    We were ahead of times duh

Also in that bit they had like random bits of TV shows and I was assuming it'd be British ones but there was a clip from Modern Family :S maybe it's because WE INVENTED AMERICA or something
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    We were ahead of times duh

Also in that bit they had like random bits of TV shows and I was assuming it'd be British ones but there was a clip from Modern Family :S maybe it's because WE INVENTED AMERICA or something
    lmao i loved how there were odd things that were american. like there was a clip from waynes world. thought it was kinda big-headed of danny boyle to include his film in the 'best of british' section tho. way to toot your own horn. also was insulted that dizzee was included in that part.

and then there was those x-factor/britains got talent contestants who did the punjabi routine or w.e. i think it should be a golden rule, NOT to include anyone from x-factor/britains got talent unless they're an 'exceptional' singer (i.e. leona). not some average 'dancers'. but hey, atleast there were no JLS, one direction or whoever else

the best part was the queen though, and how she obviously didn't give a ****/didn't wanna be there. everytime the camera cut to her she looked sour-faced as hell, and it just made me laugh

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast