HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233
    Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Garriet View Post
    woo i think we did a great job seeing as everyone thought it would be a complete failure!!

its a shame that bbc haven't got the paralympics
    Yeah as I loved the BBC's coverage. The Paralympics might be the first sell out in the games 52 year history according to news websites. The reason they say that is because 2.1 million out of 2.5 million tickets have already been sold.

Hopefully it will go great, GB in the Paralympics should also do well as we got quite a good amount of medals in the 2008 games.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 13-08-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

BBC:

The BBC has revealed that on the busiest day of its London 2012 Olympics coverage it delivered 2.8 petabytes worth of content, peaking when Bradley Wiggins won gold, where it shifted 700Gb/s. It has also said that over a 24-hour period on the busiest Olympic days it had more traffic to bbc.co.uk than it did for the entire BBC coverage of the FIFA World Cup 2010 games.

They revealed they had 106 million requests for BBC Olympic video content, which included 12 million requests for video on mobile devices across the whole of the Games. Mobile saw the most uptake at around 6pm when people had left the office but still wanted to keep informed of the latest action. Tablet usage, however, reached a peak at around 9pm, where people were using it as a second screen or as they continued to watch the games in bed."

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

wow. if i wasn't at home (watching the events), i was on the BBC app keeping up with everything; even watching the live stream of the swimming marathon whilst i actually was in hyde park as it was happening .

mind you, i didn't know anyone who wasn't watching some events at some point. drives me crazy when people argue that the olympics are a waste of money. it's one of a few (and possibly only) times the whole world is brought together and encouraging patriotism for purposes that aren't associated with war, violence or death (i honestly can't think of something else that has the same effect). if it costs 'x' amount for this to happen, then so be it. members of society deserve something truly positive to root for, in such a dark, negative and pessimistic world we live in. some people just don't realise how important social solidarity really is.

Tokens
    Habbo
    corina35

Latest Awards:

I thought the olympics were amazing, I tried watching everything at the same time though.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233