HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Comity View Post
    tbh i didnt like how they explained everything foe the blind people it ruined it imo
    You must be watching More 4 then?

As far as I'm aware, More 4 is audio commentary for the blind, and Channel 4 is the regular (and awful!) commentary.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    You must be watching More 4 then?

As far as I'm aware, More 4 is audio commentary for the blind, and Channel 4 is the regular (and awful!) commentary.
    oh opps didnt know i just seen it and turned it on wish i had known now

Tokens
    Habbo
    CaptainAce

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dirrty View Post
    well i understand there'll only be enough demand for performers, but it doesn't sit right with me tbf. the whole point of the paralymics is to showcase the talents of those with 'disabilities', and pushing that aside for the sake of having a grand opening ceremony just doesn't seem right, if you get me? from watching the hour that i saw, it looked to me as if they had 'able-bodied' performers, and then threw in those with physical disabilities every so often.
    Yeah its not good that they are doing that. They should of told people they wanted people with physical and mental disabilities but they obviously didn't. There are lots of disabled people in the world, just people gotta look round for them and I guess they didn't have time or couldn't be bothered.
    Bringing you the news no one else does!

Tokens
    Habbo
    santa-my-nana

Latest Awards:

This is not true, Channel 4 have always had the rights to broadcast the paralympics. They have always done such a good job it has never needed to go any where else.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by santa-my-nana View Post
    This is not true, Channel 4 have always had the rights to broadcast the paralympics. They have always done such a good job it has never needed to go any where else.
    Channel 4 won it in February 2010:

The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) has awarded the UK broadcast rights of the Paralympic Games to Channel 4 following a highly competitive tender process.

The deal with Channel 4 will provide the Paralympic Games and Paralympic sport with the strongest pre-Games broadcast coverage and marketing support it has ever received on UK television.

“The eyes of the world will be focussed on the Paralympic Games - the world’s second biggest multi-sport event - in London in 2012,” said Sebastian Coe, Chairman of LOCOG.

“We will deliver a spectacular sporting showcase for the world’s greatest Paralympic athletes, and will use the power of Paralympic sport to raise awareness, challenge stereotypes, inspire understanding and communicate the Paralympic values of determination, courage, inspiration and equality.

“We are absolutely delighted to appoint Channel 4 as our broadcast partner in the UK. Channel 4 shares our vision for the Paralympic Games, has a very strong appeal to young people, and will play a hugely important role in increasing public engagement and involvement in Paralympic sport in this country.

“We are confident that the quality and depth of the broadcast coverage provided by Channel 4 not just for the 12 days of sport in 2012, but in the two and a half years leading up to the Games, will inspire disabled people of all ages to take up sport and be a catalyst for continued change in public attitudes towards disability. The commercial value of this deal has raised the bar financially for the Paralympic movement.”

Channel 4 will produce and screen two peak time 10 part documentaries in 2011 and 2012, building the stories of the athletes and their journey to the London 2012 Paralympic Games.

It will also include dedicated coverage of the Paralympic Torch Relay and will be supported by the biggest marketing campaign in the broadcaster’s history.

Channel 4 will also cover key disability sports and sporting events, in the run up to the Paralympic Games in 2012.

At Games-time, Channel 4 will deliver over 150 hours of coverage of the Paralympic Games, with over 130 hours on their core channel (Channel 4).

The coverage will be led by a flagship peak-time show, and extensive coverage will also be provided on mobile and online. Subtitling and audio description will form part of all the programming, ensuring the widest possible audience can enjoy the Games.

LOCOG will begin the tender process for the international broadcast rights to the Paralympic Games later this year.
    Also, I don't know if Baloo and dirrty are watching, there have been many disabled performers already.
    Last edited by Kardan; 29-08-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    santa-my-nana

Latest Awards:

Hmmmm, but they broadcasted the 2008 Paralympics too :S I'm sure of it

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Nope, the BBC provided the coverage for that.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Probably, but they would've won them too. One channel doesn't host something forever, broadcasters bid and outbid each other for the rights to air it.

For example, Neighbours (BBC1 -> Channel 5) and Formula One (BBC -> ITV -> BBC -> BBC/Sky) and Glee (Channel 4 -> Sky)

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

This is also probably one of the first times for the Paralympics where nearly all of the tickets have been sold.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    I have a feeling this would have been better covered on the BBC. But maybe I just like them more than Channel 4
    I preferred it because the BBC weren't covering it The C4 lot seem to know when to shut up and what is happening, while the BBC presenters kept talking about stuff nobody cares about. The only benefit of having the BBC is no adverts.

Sir Ian McKellen and Stephen Hawking were both amazing. It was great to see a story played out and great dancing/music. In a way it was better than the Olympic Opening Ceremony because the Paralympics didn't feel compelled to chuck in a load of singers who can't sing. Jessie J and Paul McCartney ruined it for me :/

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast