HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Default HabboxForum: The Basics

Welcome to Habbox Forum. If you're reading this then its likely that you're a new member in need of some help. Hopefully this guide will provide you with the basics of how the forum works.

To keep things simple the guide has been split up into different sections. Click the section you wish to read and you will be taken straight to it.

Section 1 ~ What is HabboxForum?

Section 2 ~ How do I create a thread?

Section 3 ~ How do I make a post?

Section 4 ~ How do I edit my profile?

Section 5 ~ How do I change my avatar?

Section 6 ~ How do I change my signature?

Section 7 ~ How do I tag users into my post?

Section 8 ~ How do I use BB code?

If you require any further information then head over to our FAQS (Here), or feel free to contact General Management, Forum Management or a member of the moderation department.

If you find any errors in the guide then please contact Forum Management.

Last edited by Nick; 11-11-2014 at 12:17 PM.
    +2

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

What is HabboxForum?
    Written by Chris

HabboxForum is an online discussion site. Here we discuss a range of subjects from Habbo to pretty much anything you can think of!

How does it work?

The forum contains a whole load of categories which contain forums inside. For example, we have the Habbo Category which is a broad subject range, but inside this category we have more specific subject areas, e.g. Habbo Discussion. The forums inside the categories contain things which we call threads.

What are posts and threads?

A thread is a discussion between HabboxForum members. Each thread starts with a single post which contains the subject of the discussion. The thread then grows as more individual posts are made by forum members.
    There is also another type of thread called a sticky thread. Stuck threads always remain at the top of the forum, even when they haven’t been posted in. A sticky thread is normally created by Forum Staff to make important information visible at all times.

Keep reading for information on creating threads.

How do I post?

A post is a message that is submitted by a member in a thread. The post contains their reply to the thread and should normally offer some sort of contribution to the discussion. It is possible for posts to be edited but this can only be done within 15 minutes of making the post.

Keep reading for information on making posts.
    Last edited by Sloths; 11-09-2018 at 12:16 AM.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

How do I create a thread?
    Written by Nick

Creating a thread on HabboxForum is simple! First of all, think of what category and forum you should put your topic in. Once you have chosen the appropriate category and forum for your topic to go in, you will click the forum name, e.g 'Habbo discussion'. You will be taken to a page which will contain multiple threads that other members have created.

You just simply click this button:

You will then be taken to the forum editor which looks like this:

Give your thread a title, e.g 'How do i make a room on Habbo'. Type your message in the editor. If you would like to see what your message would look like before you submit your thread, next to 'Submit New Thread' under the editor, there is another button that says 'Preview Post'. Once you are happy with what you wrote you can go ahead and click 'Submit New Thread' which is located under the editor also.
    Last edited by Triz; 29-02-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

How do I make a post?
    Written by Chris

Making a post in a thread is quick and easy. All you have to do is find a thread you want to reply to and click the following button which is found at the top and bottom of a thread (Button will look different depending on the skin you are using).

Once you have clicked this button, you will be taken to the quick editor at the bottom of the thread which looks like this:

Click to view image

From here you have 2 options. You can either type in your reply here and click the 'Post Quick Reply' button, or you can click the 'Go Advanced' button which will give you this page:

Click to view image

The advanced editor contains more options than the quick reply editor as you can see from the image above. The quick editor also allows you to preview your post before making it public. To do this just click the 'Preview Post' button. Once you are happy with your post, click the 'Submit Reply' button.
    Last edited by Triz; 29-02-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

How do I edit my profile?
    Written by Chris

Editing your profile is simple. To find your profile settings, just click the 'Settings' button as highlighted in the image below.

Click to view image

Once you’ve done that, you will be presented with the following page:

Click to view image

From here you can edit all of your settings. An explanation as to what each section does is below:

Edit Profile

Clicking this will allow you to change the information displayed on your public profile. This includes your date of birth, habbo name, likes and dislikes, etc.

Edit Profile Picture

This is a small image that displays on your public profile. For more information on this click here.

Edit Avatar

This is a small image that displays in your posts. For more information on this click here.

Edit Signature

This is an area which appears at the end of all your posts. You can put pretty much anything in here including images. For more information on this click here.
    Last edited by Triz; 29-02-2020 at 09:22 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

How do I change my Avatar?
    Written by Bolt660

So you want to change your avatar? Your Avatar is the little picture which appears next to every post you make on the forum. This can either be a static image or a moving gif image. Everyone will be able to see your avatar. It is important that your avatar is in line with the forum rules and is not too big. You can read more about that later! Here is an example of an avatar:

So how do you get an avatar to appear? Well its actually very simple. Simply hover your mouse over your username at the top of the forum and in the drop-down menu you should see a 'Settings' - Click that and then navigate to 'Edit Avatar' link under My Settings.

Once on this screen you can then proceed to upload your new avatar. Alternatively, you could use one of the pre-made avatars which will appear at the bottom of the screen. We currently have a small selection of summer avatars available for use.

If you would like to upload your own new avatar, then you can either upload a picture from your computer, or you can enter a URL of an image off another site to use.

Have fun with your new avatar!
    Last edited by Triz; 29-02-2020 at 09:26 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

How do I change my Signature?
    Written by Nick

So you want to change your signature? Members that have 5 or more posts are able to edit their signatures. If you are new to the forum you will have to post 5 times to be able to edit your signature. You should read the rules already on signature limits as your signature picture may vary depending on which usergroup you may be in.

Once you have your 5 posts you are now ready to edit your signature! To change your signature you can follow the same steps as changing your avatar above... you simply hover your mouse over your username at the top of the forum and in the drop-down menu you should see 'Settings' - Click that and then navigate to 'Edit Signature' link under My Settings.

Once you are happy with your signature, click 'Save Signature' and presto, you have a forum signature!

Last edited by Triz; 29-02-2020 at 09:29 AM.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

How do I tag users into my posts?
    Written by xxMATTGxx

This part of the guide explains how you can use the user tagging system which is also known as mentioning another user. There is two main ways of doing this and below shows you both ways and how they work.

Adding the @ sign yourself:

The following must be done: @username; - The semi-colon at the end needs to be there to make sure it works for all users. If it isn't there then the mention will not work.

Using the BBCode Button in Quick Reply & Advanced Editor:

The button on the quick reply editor and the full advanced editor has the same image for what can be used to mention another user in your post. To use this button then do the following:

1. Click the button: (This has also been highlighted in the screenshot above in the spoiler.)

This will then automatically put these tags in the post:
      PHP Code:
      [MENTION][/MENTION
    2. Enter the username such as xxMATTGxx in the middle of the tags so it looks like this:
    3. Finish your post. A semi colon is not needed if you are using the button method, the first method the semi-colon is needed.

Note: The buttons will not appear if you are using the "Basic Editor" - You can change the editor by going to User CP > General Settings.

Hope this helps and prevents any confusion.
    Last edited by Triz; 27-03-2020 at 10:48 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

How do I use BB code?
    Written by Nick

BBCodes are an important feature to any forum as it will let you format you posts to make them looks all nice and pretty. They are very simple to use. BBCodes are very similar to HTML but instead you use square brackets. For example, you want to add an image to your post, you would simply do this

Code:
    [IMG]*Insert image url here*[/IMG]
    First you would write the 'code' for your tag, in this case ours was IMG. On the other side of the IMG tag you will want to write it again but with a '/' infront of it, so it knows to identify the url as a picture. Then if you want to get a picture of the internet, right click and click 'copy image url' and paste it in the middle of the 2 tags or simply upload your own picture to an image uploading site.

Most of the fourms BBCodes are located in the top of the text editor for ease of access

Below is a short list of the most common BBCodes and what they do.

Spoiler
    PHP Code:
    [SPOILER]*Content goes here*[/SPOILER
    What does a spoiler do?

Bad Spoiler
    PHP Code:
    [BADSPOILER]Content[/BADSPOILER
    What do the BadSpoiler tags do?

Bold
    PHP Code:
    [B]*Content goes here*[/B
    What do the B tags do?

Underline
    PHP Code:
    [U]*Content goes here*[/U
    What do the U tags do?

Italic
    PHP Code:
    [I]*Content goes here*[/I
    What do the Italic tags do?

Font
    PHP Code:
    [FONT=*Font of your choice*]*Content goes here*[/FONT
    What do the Font tags do?

Color
    PHP Code:
    [COLOR=*Color of your choice*]*Content goes here*[/COLOR
    What do the Color tags do?

PHP Code:
    [IMG]*Content goes here*[/IMG
    What do the Image tags do?

Video
    PHP Code:
    [video]*Content goes here*[/video
    What do the Video tags do?

URL/Links
    PHP Code:
    [URL=*Link goes here*]*Content goes here*[/URL
    What do the Link/URL tags do?

PHP Code:
    [QUOTE]*Content goes here*[/QUOTE
    What do the Quote tags do?

Code
    PHP Code:
    [CODE]<b>Content goes here</b>[/CODE
    What do the Code tags do?

PHP
    PHP Code:
    [PHP.]<?php  echo"*Content goes here*"?>[./PHP]
    What do the PHP tags do?

Sound Cloud Clip
    PHP Code:
    [sc]URL of clip here[/sc
    What do the SoundCloud tags do?

Sound Cloud Playlist
    PHP Code:
    [scpl]URL of clip here[/scpl
    What do the SoundCloud Playlist tags do?

Last edited by Chris; 10-03-2013 at 02:12 PM.