HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

Default Publishing a book

hi as some of you may know, i'm writing a book lol. i've been reading about self publishing and stuff (where you pay them to get it published if i'm correct?). i know i probably wont make any money off this but it's not an aim to make money, it's more something i want to achieve in my life.

so can anyone tell me more about publishing? when doing self publishing, does it still have to be approved etc? it's all a bit confusing... thanks.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

what's the book about

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by wixard View Post
    what's the book about
    a japanese prostitute

Tokens
    Habbo
    Intricat

Latest Awards:

Can't you self publish on Amazon? Isn't that what 50 shades did before it was picked up by a proper publisher?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Can't you self publish on Amazon? Isn't that what 50 shades did before it was picked up by a proper publisher?
    yh u can i think, think they keep like 90% of profits oh well like i said it's not to make money

Tokens
    Habbo
    Intricat

Latest Awards:

Amazon offer two ways. Either CreateSpace (https://www.createspace.com/pub/l/di...88&utm_id=6072) or sellign books for Kindle. You get 70% royalties for the Kindle Books you upload.

CreateSpace seems to take a lot of the money. Be better doing it for Kindle by the looks of it
    Last edited by Kieran; 05-04-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Amazon offer two ways. Either CreateSpace (https://www.createspace.com/pub/l/di...88&utm_id=6072) or sellign books for Kindle. You get 70% royalties for the Kindle Books you upload.

CreateSpace seems to take a lot of the money. Be better doing it for Kindle by the looks of it
    I thought that too ty. hope every1 reads my book when its finished in 50 yrs xxxxx

Tokens

Latest Awards:

where are you even going to get the money to print it... you can't save and no one will give you a loan lol
    and that's even if you finish it lmao

Tokens
    Habbo
    Intricat

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Comity View Post
    where are you even going to get the money to print it... you can't save and no one will give you a loan lol
    and that's even if you finish it lmao
    You don't with Amazon. If you go the book route, they only print it when its ordered, hence the low royalty. Or he can go digital, such as Kindle and iPad and then there's 0 fees for him

Tokens
    Habbo
    maken

Latest Awards:

Contact some publishers, get them to read your stuff. It may seem a long shot, but they will read it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast