HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Jarkie

Latest Awards:

Default First time flying.. [12 Rep+]

Howdy.

In a few weeks I will be flying for the first time ever. I am going to be using the company British Airways, and asking people for their experiences flying with this company.

For example, what are you allowed to take with you: tooth paste, body gels etc? also any advice for a first time flyer? I am pretty nervous as I will be on my own.

Rep+ for good replies made.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Teabags

Latest Awards:

You're allowed like gels that are under 100ml.
    &you put all those in a clear plastic bag. They provide them at the airport, but they're like £1.
    The bottles can't be more than 100ml though. So like a half full bottle of water, they don't let you have
    Bit awk.

It's only takeoff and landing that is any worry. Chewing gum might help you pop your ears - or continual yawning. Should be fine though and it happens on it's own. Make sure you get on the right flight + be like Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone II. There's loads of waiting around time though. You have to check in like 2hours before your flight so chances are you won't miss it.
    Take food like chocolate or something and books/ some game thing, chances are you'll get bored + hungry.

It's not all that comfy necessarily to sleep on the flight, BA isn't terrible though. Generally your neighbour passengers are friendly enough, otherwise it's just socially awkward for the whole flight.

Enjoy your holiday @Jarkie

superhappy.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Intricat

Latest Awards:

If you're really nervous ask if you can have a quick look in the flight deck. Be amazed how many people it calms down to actually see who's flying the plane (Maybe not in my case >:] )

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jarkie

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Teabags View Post
    You're allowed like gels that are under 100ml.
    &you put all those in a clear plastic bag. They provide them at the airport, but they're like £1.
    The bottles can't be more than 100ml though. So like a half full bottle of water, they don't let you have
    Bit awk.

It's only takeoff and landing that is any worry. Chewing gum might help you pop your ears - or continual yawning. Should be fine though and it happens on it's own. Make sure you get on the right flight + be like Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone II. There's loads of waiting around time though. You have to check in like 2hours before your flight so chances are you won't miss it.
    Take food like chocolate or something and books/ some game thing, chances are you'll get bored + hungry.

It's not all that comfy necessarily to sleep on the flight, BA isn't terrible though. Generally your neighbour passengers are friendly enough, otherwise it's just socially awkward for the whole flight.

Enjoy your holiday @Jarkie
    Thanks for this mate! rep+

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    If you're really nervous ask if you can have a quick look in the flight deck. Be amazed how many people it calms down to actually see who's flying the plane (Maybe not in my case >:] )
    Haha, I forgot you flew plans Kieran. Are we allowed to bring mobiles phones on planes etc?

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

You have to have the wifi etc on your phones turned off

Usually phones have a 'flight mode' which will do it all automatically for you when you activate it, so you don't have to fiddle with many settings

goodluck and have fun, I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

this could help

or another link here: http://www.ehow.com/way_5261068_cant...ne-flight.html
    Last edited by e5; 19-05-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jarkie

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by :Cerys View Post
    You have to have the wifi etc on your phones turned off

Usually phones have a 'flight mode' which will do it all automatically for you when you activate it, so you don't have to fiddle with many settings

goodluck and have fun, I'm sure you'll have a great time!
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by e5 View Post
    this could help

or another link here: http://www.ehow.com/way_5261068_cant...ne-flight.html
    This is perfect, many thanks!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

make sure u go to the loo b4 ur flight but make sure u take some empty bottles cos u might need the loo during ur flight and planes dont have toilets. u will def need bottles if its a long flight

Tokens
    Habbo
    Intricat

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jarkie View Post
    Cheers

This is perfect, many thanks!
    This is American. I believe for European flights you can take a maximum of 1L of liquids through, each one no bigger than 100ml and in a clear plastic bag that you can seal (You can usually get these at the airport for £1/2 or free at some).

As to mobiles: Yes you can take them on but you'll get asked to put it in flight safe mode and then turn it off until the seatbelt signs have been switched off. As long as the cabin crew don't see it during the takeoff and landing they won't say anything.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Grig

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by subo View Post
    make sure u go to the loo b4 ur flight but make sure u take some empty bottles cos u might need the loo during ur flight and planes dont have toilets. u will def need bottles if its a long flight
    Unless we're still in the 60's, all planes have toilets now so that's not a problem !

British Airways isn't my favourite company, but it's decent (maybe I'm picky seeing as I'm a frequent flier). Remember to not take any sharp objects, even after flying regularly there are some days I don't think and get caught out with them.

Drinks and stuff are not a problem as on BA, you can ask for as many as you like on most flights, alcohol included! Some of the newer planes do have wifi, but this is still a rarity and on business class normally, so you'll probably not have access.

Also, be sure to check the weight of your baggage, because depending where you're going you could be in for some hefty overweight charges.
    Former: HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager, International HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager (Int.), Asst. News Manager, Debates Leader (numerous times) and 9999 other roles, including resident boozehound

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast