HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Default Instagram gets Video

Over the past two and a half years, Instagram has become a community where you can capture and share the world’s moments simply and beautifully. Some moments, however, need more than a static image to come to life. Until now these stories have been missing from Instagram.

Today, we’re thrilled to introduce Video on Instagram and bring you another way to share your stories. When you go to take a photo on Instagram, you’ll now see a movie camera icon. Tap it to enter video mode, where you can take up to fifteen seconds of video through the Instagram camera.

You’ll also find that we’ve added thirteen filters built specifically for video so you can keep sharing beautiful content on Instagram. When you post a video, you’ll also be able to select your favorite scene from what you’ve recorded as your cover image so your videos are beautiful even when they’re not playing.

We’re excited to see what the community will bring to video, whether it’s your local cafe showing you just how they made your latte art this morning or an Instagrammer on the other side of the world taking you on a tour of their city, a mother sharing her joys in parenting as her children laugh and play or your favorite athlete taking you behind the scenes.

So what does this mean for your content? Nothing’s different from photos. We’re still committed to making sure you have control over all of your content. Only the people who you let see your photos will be able to see your videos. And as with photos, you own your videos. You can learn more about Video on Instagram—including our new Cinema feature—by visiting the Instagram Help Center.

We can’t wait to see what you’ll create.

Kevin Systrom

Co-founder, Instagram
    http://blog.instagram.com/
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/20/4448182/facebook

Seeing as Vine is popular then I am not surprised by this decision for Instagram to also include it with their app. Thoughts?

Ps. The update for the app has been pushed out. So you are able to use the features today!
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 20-06-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

Just saw this on MacRumors and as I said on there, I use Instagram for photos.. If I wanted video I'd go to YouTube or Vine (which I do) . I just hope it won't be confusing having photos and videos mixed together, and that they can be separated e.g. when searching, choosing to just see photos.

Not online very often

Tokens
    Habbo
    Negativities

Latest Awards:

I personally love it. Vine was a slow process for Android Market and Instagram definitely destroyed Vine. There will still be loyal members to Vine but my experience with it on the Android Market was horrific.

​GOODBYE VINE!

-Negativities -
    - Former Habbo Advice Team Helper -
    - Trolling Since '07 -
    -
    Old Habbo > New Habbo -

Tokens
    Habbo
    iBlueBox

Latest Awards:

I think Vine's decent and Is still emerging as a separate service.

Though, I think Instagram may be able to still take the biggest share of this market because of how many users Instagram has and the way they've incorporated it into the app instead of making a new one seems part of that,

But I don't really want to be seeing videos of peoples food haha

Tokens
    Habbo
    Samantha.

Latest Awards:

I quite like Vine but I think Instagram will always be better.

It's so strange having video on Instagram now, I updated my app this morning. It's going to be interesting to see how many people make advantage of the video option.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I STILL LIKE VINE MORE
    i think instragra should stick to pics
    tho justin made a vid last night and i almost fainted so more celebs making them is gd

Tokens

I still prefer Vine Oh well, I think the video needs some updating because the videos aren't loading 100% yet.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

vine, we hardly knew thee

Tokens
    Habbo
    Circadia

Latest Awards:

I've updated it and I still don't have the video option Oh well! I don't think anyone I follow has made a video yet because I'm yet to see one :L

'On top of the world, on top of it all,
    trying to feel invincible.'

Tokens
    Habbo
    Negativities

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    I've updated it and I still don't have the video option Oh well! I don't think anyone I follow has made a video yet because I'm yet to see one :L
    Well, they don't display it if it's a video unless you update your app. That's why you haven't seen anymore. It's blowing up my feed! Lol.

-Negativities -
    - Former Habbo Advice Team Helper -
    - Trolling Since '07 -
    -
    Old Habbo > New Habbo -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast