HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Popping the cherry: Is virginity something to be proud of or ashamed of?

Popping the cherry: Is virginity something to be proud or ashamed of?

A certain thread on Habbox Forum got me thinking of this, and I was talking to a friend about this too - she commented on how she knows a handful of guys who are still virgins whereas she hardly knows any girls at around the age of 19 to 23 who are still virgins. In today's society, virginity over the age of 18 is largely looked down upon as sex becomes more common among younger and younger age groups.

But is virginity something to be ashamed of? Many who are virgins by choice rather than just having no luck with the opposite (or, in politically correct 2013, the same sex) actually feel proud that they are 'saving' themselves for the right person, abstaining for religious reasons or just don't yet feel quite right to take the plunge.

But what do you think? Is virginity over the age of around 18 something to be ashamed of, or does it only have a bad reputation because it tends to be associated with - to put it blankly - 'losers' who can't get anyone into bed?

There are plenty of nifty prizes to be won within this forum. Positive contributions towards official debates will sometimes be rewarded with a month's VIP subscription in a colour of your choice as part of the Top Contributor award. As well as this, reputation will be awarded throughout the debate to those who make valid and constructive posts. Those who make the best contributions within a month win the Debater of the Month award and wins themselves a month's worth of forum VIP and 10 reputation points. Finally, those who create debate topics that generate a lot of buzz and engaging discussion will receive 20 reputation points.
    The debate is open to you.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

No its not really, depends on the person and how they think of it i suppose. I know a lot of guys would think their friends where losers if they were still virgins over the age of 18. Girls can be a little different i guess!

i wish i kept mine for someone special

not some horrible boy

ps; can i pop your cherry dan

Tokens

Latest Awards:

virginity is special and so important :Heart:

Tokens
    Habbo
    iGenius

Latest Awards:

To me, I'm 21 in like... 30 days and I'm still a virgin. I haven't had sex, I've done "stuff" but not the actual act of Sex. Personally, I'm not bothered. It's going to happen when its going to happen and rushing into it with someone who I might not want to be with, is a stupid idea.

People at work and Uni go on "oh mate, we need to get you laid.. " and "Hey check out this girl, she's up for a one night stand"... Ill be honest, I've never considered a one night stand and Its not something I'd want to consider. I don't look at a woman and think of them as a "good ****", or "wow what a nice piece of meat" which far too many people these days do.

When I look for a partner I look for someone who I could see myself with in X years, and that I could have a decent relationship with. Yes, alright at the age of 20 how likely is it I'll still be with a partner in 5 years, not very, but if I've had a year or two with someone, and it hasn't worked out, thats not a bad thing. I don't look for a girlfriend, just so i can get a ****.

Right now, sex and my virginity is on my mind, and not because I'm desperate to have it, but mostly because there is too much pressure on young people and sex in this day and age. Being nearly 21 and still a virgin is not something I'm overly proud of, I do get worried that when it comes to get round to it, if the girl i'm with notices, will she run away? There are all sorts of different worries.

It does disgust me knowing that kids between the ages of 12 - and 15 are potentially having sex, and that people are not as romantic about is as they used too be. Its all about bragging and being the best at something.

Is virginity over the age of around 18 something to be ashamed of, or does it only have a bad reputation because it tends to be associated with - to put it blankly - 'losers' who can't get anyone into bed?: Personally i don't think it is anything to be ashamed off, I think its just a matter of choice. If you want to have sex, no doubt you'd go out and try. I have commonly thought of myself as a "Loser" who can't get anyone into bed, but as I said above, my goal in life isn't to get a ****.

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Moniquee.

Latest Awards:

Definitely something to be proud of, I think in todays society too many people lose their virginity for the sake of it. I think having virginity shows you have respect for yourself.
    'Every person from your past lives as a shadow in your mind. Good or bad, they all helped you write the story of your life, and shape the person you are today.'
    -Dan Zantamata.

Interested in joining the Asian - Pacific DJ team? Click here for more info!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Ideally, it'd be neither shameful or something to be proud of. It's not really anyone's business so I don't think that it's reasonable for male virgins having to defend their masculinity or promiscuous females having to feel ashamed.

I'm a virgin, I'm not proud or ashamed of that, it's just a fact.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -Moniquee. View Post
    Definitely something to be proud of, I think in todays society too many people lose their virginity for the sake of it. I think having virginity shows you have respect for yourself.
    So your parents should be ashamed because they are not virgins? And they have no respect?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    So your parents should be ashamed because they are not virgins? And they have no respect?
    Yeah I was thinking similar to you. It's in no way shameful not to be a virgin either.. Whether it was right or wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokens
    Habbo
    .Shar.

Latest Awards:

What does society want?
    If you've lost your virginity and slept with many different people you turn into a ****. If you're a virgin..."OMG YOU'RE A VIRGIN WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!" This is just a overplayed stereotype I'm using as an expample - it's not necessarily true.
    In my opinion it shouldn't matter but as long as media and human nature exists if you're in either end of the spectrum it will matter.
    I personally am not ashamed and I don't feel the need to explain the reason to anyone.
    Last edited by Shar; 09-11-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Isharu

Latest Awards:

I lost my virginity at 17 almost 18 years old and I do not regret that I done it. I am still with the same guy today and I am proud. Although for what I can see especially our generations that if you don't get laid you don't fit in the cool group.......really and there is no such thing as being a cool person when you lose your virginity.

You do it when you are ready even if you are in the late 20's, 30's or 40's, if you think you are not ready don't rush it. Sex is something you should enjoy and not regret that you did it. Don't listen to those who say aweful things about your sexual life, I would simply say my sexual life is my personal opinion and choice. This is you and this is me.

Be careful what you wish for!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast