HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Laura!!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

it was amazing laura!! words cant thank u!! so much went into it!!

Thanks, Laura

Tokens
    Habbo
    smurfed-

Latest Awards:

awww it's a shame I missed it! To what I've heard you've done a really good job, well done!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Chug!

Latest Awards:

was a great show the listeners were huge, and everyone enjoyed it too.

Tokens
    Habbo
    IzzyUhh

Latest Awards:

Thankyou laura
    I love food

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I only caught the first half hour so I can't speak for all of it but what I did hear was disappointing.

Speeches should've been pre-recorded if someone had wrote one/they didn't write one with a variety of DJs.
    Sam should've told you all the winners before the show (I told Jade and she's like the biggest blabbermouth ever) but as she was meant to be double DJing, I can understand why she didn't. As soon as that wasn't possible though, she should've gave you the full list cos the delay from radio to Habbo wouldn't have been very helpful.
    Awards should've been as mixed as possible between member/staff especially if someone has won multiple awards.

Despite that, loved the melodramatic awards theme, felt like the Oscars! Also, it's a tough gig, it's something that really requires two people so thanks Laura for navigating that organised chaos as best as you could.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    I only caught the first half hour so I can't speak for all of it but what I did hear was disappointing.

Speeches should've been pre-recorded if someone had wrote one/they didn't write one with a variety of DJs.
    Sam should've told you all the winners before the show (I told Jade and she's like the biggest blabbermouth ever) but as she was meant to be double DJing, I can understand why she didn't. As soon as that wasn't possible though, she should've gave you the full list cos the delay from radio to Habbo wouldn't have been very helpful.
    Awards should've been as mixed as possible between member/staff especially if someone has won multiple awards.

Despite that, loved the melodramatic awards theme, felt like the Oscars! Also, it's a tough gig, it's something that really requires two people so thanks Laura for navigating that organised chaos as best as you could.
    She was actually planning on doing a double DJing show however, the double DJing software wasn't working on the night so she had to go solo so considering she had so much planned for the double DJing in terms of what they were going to talk about and so on, I think she did a really good job.

I think the fact she didn't know who the winners were beforehand in some ways in my opinion brought in the element of surprise especially considering she was nominated herself for a lot of awards and some actually won by herself. The speeches were actually pre-recorded as she played quite a few of the speeches on the radio even if they weren't verbal.

Thanks for the feedback on the show and we will work on all of the points you have made.

Again, well done Laura a really great show!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

My feedback takes that into consideration and are things that I feel should've been done regardless of whether she was DJing solo or double DJing.

The only people who needed the element of surprise are the people in the room. She should've been told who all the winners were as soon as they realised Sam wouldn't be able to double DJ.

Like I said, I only caught the first four/five awards and they were all awards that no-one had prepared a speech for, apart from Mr-Trainor which was read out live on air by Laura (hence the mix it up feedback). I'm guessing then that if these speeches weren't pre-recorded that Laura read out everyone else's speech if they weren't recorded, which could've been easily avoided before the show by pre-recording them with a variety of DJs.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    @Kardan; @Shonly; and @Ms.Aquamarine;, what colour VIP would you all like?

(if I had to guess it'd be dodger blue, black and pink?)
    Yup,

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I thought the show was good, just a bit cringe when Laura had to announce herself as the winner, but it's already been established that not much could be done if equipment failed on the night. So good job!

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Jesus, thanks Mike, that's really lovely to hear for someone who put so much bloody effort into it.

I received the written speeches about 12 hours before. It was already said that speeches that weren't recorded would be read out.

Disagree. Worked better this way, the delay from Habbo was only for the first one, like you said, you tuned out after (therefore making your criticism completely unfair), when we switched to doing it on Skype and there was no delay. Sam was meant to be double djing with me but I found out about 15 minutes before the show the software was incompatible with my computer.

I did. One section of staff, one section of members. Following people's feedbacks - which did kinda throw my plans into chaos.

Thanks, took me ages to make that so yep.

My feedback takes that into consideration and are things that I feel should've been done regardless of whether she was DJing solo or double DJing.
    Your feedback is grossly unfair seeing as it was on, what the first 5 awards or so?

The only people who needed the element of surprise are the people in the room. She should've been told who all the winners were as soon as they realised Sam wouldn't be able to double DJ.
    Not true - I didn't want to know if I'd won the awards before, but I did find out a bulk at a time from Sam as I was announcing.

Like I said, I only caught the first four/five awards and they were all awards that no-one had prepared a speech for, apart from Mr-Trainor which was read out live on air by Laura (hence the mix it up feedback).
    Not my fault if people couldn't be bothered to send in a speech!

I'm guessing then that if these speeches weren't pre-recorded that Laura read out everyone else's speech if they weren't recorded, which could've been easily avoided before the show by pre-recording them with a variety of DJs.
    But we said when the nominations were announced that people could record them, get other people to record them, or in fact just send written ones to us to be read out on air. Some people sent their written speeches in an HOUR before the show started, once again, not my fault if they couldn't do it in the two weeks warning they got.

Like I've said time and time again, the show wasn't perfect, and I'm disappointed in myself, being a perfectionist. I did hours and hours of prep for this show, have so many notebooks and pieces of paper filled up with notes, @Despect; and @Calum0812; can vouch for this, as well as most of the HabboxLive DJs who have seen my constant nagging and jingle-ing throughout the week.

But when you put so much work (and money, we did give away over 800c!) into a show only to have it met by a really negative post it's extremely disheartening. It was an extremely stressful 3 hours, bearing in mind I was talking for most of the show whereas I'm usually playing music - not exactly helped by the fact we had tons of technical issues. My plans started so well, I was going to read out the nominees then Sam would burst in with the winner, but technical issues just wouldn't let that happen - something that's obviously completely out of my control. I will be working on an alternative, and actually checking everything works next time beforehand, but there was just too many things to do.

So yeah, thanks for the massive put-down Mike, it's not like I've been feeling bad enough about it since. (another thing James can definitely vouch for). I know I couldn't control most of the problems but I thought I did an OK job considering everything. But then again, you wouldn't really know, just thinking that listening to a fifth of the show makes your feedback universally correct - the show got much easier as I settled into the new plan as it went on.

On a side note, it's actually not surprising me that so many staff leave when they're met with posts like this really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    Yup,

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I thought the show was good, just a bit cringe when Laura had to announce herself as the winner, but it's already been established that not much could be done if equipment failed on the night. So good job!
    Hahha yeah that was pretty awkward and I'll get James to request now

+2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast