HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thanks Laura!!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    Jesus, thanks Mike, that's really lovely to hear for someone who put so much bloody effort into it.

I received the written speeches about 12 hours before. It was already said that speeches that weren't recorded would be read out.

Disagree. Worked better this way, the delay from Habbo was only for the first one, like you said, you tuned out after (therefore making your criticism completely unfair), when we switched to doing it on Skype and there was no delay. Sam was meant to be double djing with me but I found out about 15 minutes before the show the software was incompatible with my computer.

I did. One section of staff, one section of members. Following people's feedbacks - which did kinda throw my plans into chaos.

Thanks, took me ages to make that so yep.

Your feedback is grossly unfair seeing as it was on, what the first 5 awards or so?

Not true - I didn't want to know if I'd won the awards before, but I did find out a bulk at a time from Sam as I was announcing.

Not my fault if people couldn't be bothered to send in a speech!

But we said when the nominations were announced that people could record them, get other people to record them, or in fact just send written ones to us to be read out on air. Some people sent their written speeches in an HOUR before the show started, once again, not my fault if they couldn't do it in the two weeks warning they got.

Like I've said time and time again, the show wasn't perfect, and I'm disappointed in myself, being a perfectionist. I did hours and hours of prep for this show, have so many notebooks and pieces of paper filled up with notes, @Despect; and @Calum0812; can vouch for this, as well as most of the HabboxLive DJs who have seen my constant nagging and jingle-ing throughout the week.

But when you put so much work (and money, we did give away over 800c!) into a show only to have it met by a really negative post it's extremely disheartening. It was an extremely stressful 3 hours, bearing in mind I was talking for most of the show whereas I'm usually playing music - not exactly helped by the fact we had tons of technical issues. My plans started so well, I was going to read out the nominees then Sam would burst in with the winner, but technical issues just wouldn't let that happen - something that's obviously completely out of my control. I will be working on an alternative, and actually checking everything works next time beforehand, but there was just too many things to do.

So yeah, thanks for the massive put-down Mike, it's not like I've been feeling bad enough about it since. (another thing James can definitely vouch for). I know I couldn't control most of the problems but I thought I did an OK job considering everything. But then again, you wouldn't really know, just thinking that listening to a fifth of the show makes your feedback universally correct - the show got much easier as I settled into the new plan as it went on.

On a side note, it's actually not surprising me that so many staff leave when they're met with posts like this really.

- - - Updated - - -

Hahha yeah that was pretty awkward and I'll get James to request now
    I wouldn't personally pay too much attention to feedback that is based on 30 minutes of a 3 hour show off someone who has never been a DJ. You made a sterling effort considering the hurdles you had to jump, technical issues you had and criticisms you received. Not only had you planned it (via a huge thread in the Head+ section of the forum) but you also stressed over it like mad, before, during and after the show.

The show was excellent and for anyone who didn't enjoy it, I'd challenge you to sign up to HabboxLive and do a better show.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'll reply more when I'm on my laptop, but it's nice to feel like I did no planning in this, it's just like the awards, once you're out of a department (or in this case not on air) people forget you.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

@Inseriousity.;

I only caught the first half hour so I can't speak for all of it but what I did hear was disappointing.
    So you tuned into
    - Laura disconnecting for the first ten minutes.
    - Finding out that I wouldn't be on air with her.
    - The first 4/5 awards which were staff based before we changed it up to member ones.
    - The first 4/5 awards, did you see the winners? xxMATTGxx, Samanfa, Lawrawrrr, Lawrawrrr again and iPhil. 3 of the speeches there wouldn't have been recorded prior to the show as we were meant to be hosting it therefore we would have said it on air.

Speeches should've been pre-recorded if someone had wrote one/they didn't write one with a variety of DJs.
    I'm sorry, that happened when you were AGM and not me, we had to do something different as I was receiving speeches up until 7pm last night as deadlines weren't being stuck to. The only reason I allowed them were the fact most of them were winners. A lot of the ones we received earlier were recorded, but unfortunately they didn't win.

Sam should've told you all the winners before the show (I told Jade and she's like the biggest blabbermouth ever) but as she was meant to be double DJing, I can understand why she didn't. As soon as that wasn't possible though, she should've gave you the full list cos the delay from radio to Habbo wouldn't have been very helpful.
    Awards should've been as mixed as possible between member/staff especially if someone has won multiple awards.
    Not only did Laura not want to know, but surely if we did that it just made me redundant from the whole thing? I know that's probably what you wanted, but I'm sure it's not what others did. I did a lot of planning to the awards show as well as Laura. The planning took both of us way into the early hours every night and only having a few bumps was a shock. You only saw when she announced it on air afterwards I believe - that soon changed.

Also member and staff awards were varied.

Overall though, I do wonder why you are saying what should have happened like it would have been perfect if you were running it again and we went with all your ideas (that you believe are right and that's it). I do understand it's your opinion, but I find it very unneeded and negative. Instead of criticising my way of working or the awards show you criticize yourself and focus on your role of News Manager; if you put your ideas there then I'm sure it would improve.
    Last edited by Samantha; 26-01-2014 at 03:01 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    I'll reply more when I'm on my laptop, but it's nice to feel like I did no planning in this, it's just like the awards, once you're out of a department (or in this case not on air) people forget you.
    I realise now in my post that I didn't give you any credit, I didn't mean that at all, like I said at the end of the show the amount of work you put in is amazing, but like you said, behind the scenes stuff barely gets recognised everywhere at Habbox, but I definitely appreciate it despite all the negative criticism you're getting from what genuinely looks a bit like a disgruntled predecessor.
    Last edited by lawrawrrr; 26-01-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    I realise now in my post that I didn't give you any credit, I didn't mean that at all, like I said at the end of the show the amount of work you put in is amazing, but like you said, behind the scenes stuff barely gets recognised everywhere at Habbox, but I definitely appreciate it despite all the negative criticism you're getting from what genuinely looks a bit like a disgruntled predecessor.
    No worries, when I wrote it I thought Laura would think this is about her when it's not . I agree though, with behind the scenes stuff.

Thanks Laura xx.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I tuned in at likeeee 9:30 (idk i think thats 1.5 hours into the show) and it was all fine haha. I wish Sam would have also said the category in the room as some people couldn't tune in for personalll reasons i think and then they were a bit clueless unless someone was nice enough to say the category in the room.

But yeah for the 45 mins or so I was in the room and 30 misn on radio it was ok? Thx laura
    /

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Personally I thought it went really well and the show seemed well planned out, there were lots of competitions and stuff, a good balance between music and awards, good interaction with people in the room and Laura just has an amazing voice for radio, so clear! Of course there will be improvements, there are EVERY year, but nothing will ever be perfect and I don't think the negatives should always be plucked out without looking at the positives too, especially when someone has gone through a lot of effort to do something for Habbox, taking time out of their own schedules to plan stuff, do all of the behind the scenes work (there is quite a bit when it comes to hosting a big on air show like this) and carrying it all out. It's not like its BBC radio one, its a fansite awards show, in the past its been purely done in the room without the radio at all, so just by having it all announced on the radio is an excellent thing really. the room itself was lovely too its worth noting.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I have already conceded that I only caught a bit of the show. You will notice that my feedback therefore is largely based around the planning beforehand and not about the show. I heard Mr-Trainor's speech being read out so clearly if those were the first five winners, I heard more.

I never said it'd be perfect, they were merely suggestions that I think would've made it flow nicer. I already know that Laura wouldn't have been told the winners precisely because Sam was intending to be double DJing but there was clearly an obvious delay once it was realised that wouldn't be possible. If that was fixed for later on in the show then clearly you actually agreed with this point. Also, I do not want you to be "redundant" from the whole thing. It smacks of glory-seeking to even suggest that tbh.

I have been a DJ before Calum, what a stupid comment to make anyway, but as the feedback was largely aimed at the planning, it's largely on the shoulders of the AGM but you haven't been an AGM before so I'll let you off.

Member and staff awards weren't varied until you listened to feedback later on in the show so clearly you agree with this point too. Something that could've been avoided in the planning once again.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    I have already conceded that I only caught a bit of the show. You will notice that my feedback therefore is largely based around the planning beforehand and not about the show. I heard Mr-Trainor's speech being read out so clearly if those were the first five winners, I heard more.
    How can you criticise the planning when you haven't seen what we did? Our plans were thrown into chaos because of technical faults we couldn't control, and had to move and improvise on what we had.

I never said it'd be perfect, they were merely suggestions that I think would've made it flow nicer. I already know that Laura wouldn't have been told the winners precisely because Sam was intending to be double DJing but there was clearly an obvious delay once it was realised that wouldn't be possible. If that was fixed for later on in the show then clearly you actually agreed with this point. Also, I do not want you to be "redundant" from the whole thing. It smacks of glory-seeking to even suggest that tbh.
    I wasn't expecting it to be perfect either, but I am a perfectionist and I wasn't happy with the technical faults which meant the show didn't go half as easily or well as I had planned it to go. The delay thing literally only happened for the first award, maybe two, so it's really pointless and quite petty to pick up on that when we fixed it straight away. I do agree that the way a lot of people are speaking does kinda make Sam redundant - even this thread says thanks LAURA when Sam did a hell of a lot too. AGM positions, even managers to some extent (especially those in Content departments, I'm sure you'll agree) don't get thanked or noted for the work they do as it's very behind-the-scenes.

Member and staff awards weren't varied until you listened to feedback later on in the show so clearly you agree with this point too. Something that could've been avoided in the planning once again.
    They were varied from the very very first lot. Started with staff ones, because I was disconnected I was a bit behind schedule so I did 6 staff ones (instead of the batch of 3 I originally planned for each section), then went onto members. The feedback was right at the beginning, and it's extremely unhelpful when you're giving feedback like this after the show has finished - if you actually wanted to help out rather than just picking tiny things to put me down with then you would have said on Skype or on the request line or something to help out. Because of the type of show it is - that I don't believe I'll host another similar one for ages, if at all, feedback on small things like that is completely redundant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt660 View Post
    Personally I thought it went really well and the show seemed well planned out, there were lots of competitions and stuff, a good balance between music and awards, good interaction with people in the room and Laura just has an amazing voice for radio, so clear! Of course there will be improvements, there are EVERY year, but nothing will ever be perfect and I don't think the negatives should always be plucked out without looking at the positives too, especially when someone has gone through a lot of effort to do something for Habbox, taking time out of their own schedules to plan stuff, do all of the behind the scenes work (there is quite a bit when it comes to hosting a big on air show like this) and carrying it all out. It's not like its BBC radio one, its a fansite awards show, in the past its been purely done in the room without the radio at all, so just by having it all announced on the radio is an excellent thing really. the room itself was lovely too its worth noting.
    Thank you Martin! Really appreciate this, I did put a hell of a lot of work into all aspects of the show and ceremony, as did Sam, and it is incredibly disheartening when you wake up to a petty post like Mike's there, especially when they didn't listen to the entire show.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm just going ahead and close this thread here. This thread was posted to thank Laura for hosting the awards last night, not for arguing. No matter how much anyone enjoyed Laura's show last night or otherwise, she took a lot of time out to organise the show and to host it so thank you for that.

I'm closing it to stop the argument currently taking place, it may be opened again after everyone has had a chance to chill their biscuits.

Thanks again Laura!

Thread Closed
    @Skynus;

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234