HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

Default Man dies from neck nomination game

A young man in Dublin has died after apparently downing a pint of whiskey as part of a social media trend.

The 23-year-old from the south inner city is said to have taken part in a 'neck nomination', a trend where people are dared to down a pint of an alcoholic drink in the space of 24 hours on social media.

The participant must then video their actions as part of the dare.
    The young man who died drank the pint at a party in the Pearse Street area of Dublin on Friday night after he was 'nominated'.

It's believed the man, who was a student, was found dead at his friend's house early yesterday morning.
    "He was a legend, a lovely guy with an absolute zest for life," a friend said.
    "He loved to have fun and was a real character, a joker, and someone who loved his family," the family friend added.
    "He was very close with his family and was always going away with his brothers. They're devastated."
    'Neck nomination', which is thought to have originated in Australia, has become very popular on Irish social media.
    Participants in the practice record a video of themselves downing a pint as fast as they can and nominating other people to do it once they have finished.
    It has been condemned by many organisations promoting the responsible consumption of alcohol, including Alcohol Ireland.
    The 'game' reinforces the belief that getting drunk is both normal and fun, according to the organisation's chief, Suzanne Costello.
    "The way this game spreads through social media by 'nominations' also means that many young people who would never consider doing something like this are now coming under considerable peer pressure to put themselves in danger – not just in terms of their health, but also the poor decision-making, accidents and the other forms of risky behaviour that we know go hand-in-hand with binge drinking," she said.
    Read it all here

I'm sure everyone has heard of the game as it's literally all over facebook and someone posted about it not so long ago. As far as I'm aware, they're not even 100% sure he died from the game but of course they're gonna go on a riot with it...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

he did the nomination a week before he died
    skeptical, he was a dj i'm gonna take a wild guess and suggest it was actually to do with drugs

Tokens
    Habbo
    Daltron

Latest Awards:

I wonder who he would have neknominated

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jurv

Latest Awards:

my brother posted a video of him doing that game at uni on facebook it was rather gross and cringey

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Am I the only one never to have heard of this neck nomination thing? Sounds incredibly stupid.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    Am I the only one never to have heard of this neck nomination thing? Sounds incredibly stupid.
    It is very stupid. I'm yet to see the interest in it, but a large amount of my social media friends have participated in it 'for the lulz'.

It's as though these people feel that because they have been nominated by someone stupid enough to do it, they have to then become as stupid in fear of a negative response or something. o.O

bella ciao

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i don't see how it's stupid, you're meant to just down a pint of beer
    no harm from that, it's when people take it too far by downing spirits or some other idiotic mix

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by wixard View Post
    i don't see how it's stupid, you're meant to just down a pint of beer
    no harm from that, it's when people take it too far by downing spirits or some other idiotic mix
    One, a lot of people are trying to outdo the others by downing more than a pint.
    Secondly, it promotes alcohol abuse.
    Finally, spreading it just peer pressures other people into doing it, which is not right.

bella ciao

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Shortages View Post
    One, a lot of people are trying to outdo the others by downing more than a pint.
    Secondly, it promotes alcohol abuse.
    Finally, spreading it just peer pressures other people into doing it, which is not right.
    lmao that made me laugh

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dirrty View Post
    lmao that made me laugh
    It wasn't meant to - it's quite a serious issue.

bella ciao

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast