HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default 10-year-old Suicide Bomber

Nigeria: 'Girl bomber' kills 19 people in Maiduguri market

At least 19 people have been killed and several injured by a bomb strapped to a girl reported to be aged about 10 in north-eastern Nigeria, police say.The bomb exploded in a market in the city of Maiduguri, in Borno state.
    "The explosive devices were wrapped around her body," a police source told Reuters.
    No group has said it carried out the attack. The market is reported to have been targeted twice in a week by female bombers late last year.
    Correspondents say that all the signs point to the militant Islamist Boko Haram group.
    Whilst everyone is - correctly - outraged by the attacks in Paris, isn't it odd how this barely stays on the front page of BBC News?

Attacks like this are, admittedly, far more regular in this part of the world - BUT, this was a 10-year-old girl.

The West needs to stop ignoring this. It will come back to haunt us.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quite simply, one is basically on our doorstep and has a reason attached to it. This is just a seemingly random attack in a country far away that poses no threat to us. From a more cynical point of view, the French attacks can be used for various governments own agenda i.e. state surveillance (which a few people believe will happen).

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    Quite simply, one is basically on our doorstep and has a reason attached to it. This is just a seemingly random attack in a country far away that poses no threat to us. From a more cynical point of view, the French attacks can be used for various governments own agenda i.e. state surveillance (which a few people believe will happen).
    "Seemingly random". Very few - if any - attacks have no meaning.

The issue is if you let these attacks happen and completely ignore them, organisations behind them have time to grow and eventually this will hurt the 'West', oh wait - like what has happened in Paris.

Additionally, 'on our doorstep'. Like Australia?

Tokens

No reason? You think they just do this to pass the time?

The reason we don't care is simply because it doesn't effect us. We're fully aware of all the horrible **** that goes on in the world but as long as we don't have to see it we don't give a ****.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by MyChemicalRomance View Post
    "Seemingly random". Very few - if any - attacks have no meaning.

The issue is if you let these attacks happen and completely ignore them, organisations behind them have time to grow and eventually this will hurt the 'West', oh wait - like what has happened in Paris.

Additionally, 'on our doorstep'. Like Australia?
    I assume you're referring to the siege a while back? The difference is we share a common culture with them too Though I think what you've done is taken what I said as if I'm defending the lack of awareness of things like this, just people don't seem to care unless it's fairly relatable which is why we get so much news from the USA presented as "breaking news" as if it affects us.

Btw if you read the article, it says "No group has said it carried out the attack" which basically nullifies a chunk of what you said for the time being. I also say seemingly random because the article did not state a reason, not trying to imply they blew themselves up for ***** and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by benzoberzerk View Post
    No reason? You think they just do this to pass the time?

The reason we don't care is simply because it doesn't effect us. We're fully aware of all the horrible **** that goes on in the world but as long as we don't have to see it we don't give a ****.
    The article says no group has taken responsibility, so I don't know who "they" is. If you feel that strongly about issues like this, maybe you shouldn't be on your computer and other luxury goods made by sweatshop workers in primarily Asian countries. Unfortunately, the only reason people in developed countries have as nice of a life as they do (for the most part) is because of ignoring the vast majority of issues in other countries.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I assume you're referring to the siege a while back? The difference is we share a common culture with them too Though I think what you've done is taken what I said as if I'm defending the lack of awareness of things like this, just people don't seem to care unless it's fairly relatable which is why we get so much news from the USA presented as "breaking news" as if it affects us.

Btw if you read the article, it says "No group has said it carried out the attack" which basically nullifies a chunk of what you said for the time being. I also say seemingly random because the article did not state a reason, not trying to imply they blew themselves up for ***** and giggles.

The article says no group has taken responsibility, so I don't know who "they" is. If you feel that strongly about issues like this, maybe you shouldn't be on your computer and other luxury goods made by sweatshop workers in primarily Asian countries. Unfortunately, the only reason people in developed countries have as nice of a life as they do (for the most part) is because of ignoring the vast majority of issues in other countries.
    If you went and murdered 15 people tomorrow, because you are not a group would that mean there was no meaning? An individual, or a group, has carried out this attack for a reason. Whether that is merely to terrify people, or to storm towards an agenda (normally these attacks relate to separation from Nigeria as part of an 'Islamic State').

As I say, my biggest concern is the potential for attacks like this to allow growth, which eventually (or quite quickly, as we have seen) leads to organisations to Islamic State, who the recent terrorists in Paris have pledged allegiance to.

Also, whilst you were replying to benzoberserk, I feel there are some points to respond to. A terrorist attack in Africa (or the Gulf) is not exactly on the same level of sweatshops.. in Asia :L Having said that, the slavery issues in mining for the copper in Africa WOULD be a valid argument. Nobody has to be blown up, or sold off as a wife to a militant, to create an iPhone. They just don't.

Tokens

That's funny. How do you define a "nice" life? Most people i know have terrible lives, yet they live in developed countries If people cared about each other more i'm certain a lot of lives both from developing and developed countries would be better.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by MyChemicalRomance View Post
    If you went and murdered 15 people tomorrow, because you are not a group would that mean there was no meaning? An individual, or a group, has carried out this attack for a reason. Whether that is merely to terrify people, or to storm towards an agenda (normally these attacks relate to separation from Nigeria as part of an 'Islamic State').

As I say, my biggest concern is the potential for attacks like this to allow growth, which eventually (or quite quickly, as we have seen) leads to organisations to Islamic State, who the recent terrorists in Paris have pledged allegiance to.

Also, whilst you were replying to benzoberserk, I feel there are some points to respond to. A terrorist attack in Africa (or the Gulf) is not exactly on the same level of sweatshops.. in Asia :L Having said that, the slavery issues in mining for the copper in Africa WOULD be a valid argument. Nobody has to be blown up, or sold off as a wife to a militant, to create an iPhone. They just don't.
    OK maybe seemingly random wasn't quite what, but it's doesn't seem to be by a multinational terrorist organisation and the motives of individuals aren't a threat to us in the slightest, whereas the French ones have potential.
    Also people are just generally more interested in what happens in France than Nigeria, can't really say much more on that.

My response to benzoberserk was more him talking about the west being selfish etc. Maybe they don't have to be "sold off", but they do live and work in poor conditions, get crap pay and many end up killing themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by benzoberzerk View Post
    That's funny. How do you define a "nice" life? Most people i know have terrible lives, yet they live in developed countries If people cared about each other more i'm certain a lot of lives both from developing and developed countries would be better.
    Nice as in not living in fear, having decent infrastructure, living well until an old age, being able to get food on a regular basis, healthcare on demand etc. People in developed countries have it far better than those in countries which lack infrastructure or is riddled with corruption and instability.
    Last edited by dbgtz; 11-01-2015 at 10:06 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

OK maybe seemingly random wasn't quite what, but it's doesn't seem to be by a multinational terrorist organisation and the motives of individuals aren't a threat to us in the slightest, whereas the French ones have potential.
    Also people are just generally more interested in what happens in France than Nigeria, can't really say much more on that.

My response to benzoberserk was more him talking about the west being selfish etc. Maybe they don't have to be "sold off", but they do live and work in poor conditions, get crap pay and many end up killing themselves.
    Tell that to this guy;

or (Godwin's Law INCOMINGGGG)

Extreme examples, I know, but you get the point :L I think it is fair to say if I stood up to a crowd and read a list of terrorist attacks across the world, the majority of people would be shocked at just how regular they are. As I say, my main point is if you let things grows, things do not go well. Nazi Germany and Islamic State being two of the biggest examples.

Tokens

Nice as in not living in fear, having decent infrastructure, living well until an old age, being able to get food on a regular basis, healthcare on demand etc. People in developed countries have it far better than those in countries which lack infrastructure or is riddled with corruption and instability.
    And this inequity is something we shouldn't feel strongly about because..?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast