Event guides
Do you know your Heaven or Hell from your Heads or Tails? Check out our guides for how to set up and host all your fav events.
Who saved Santa?
Habboxmas is over but congratulations to our winners! Click here to see if you won.
Happy New Year!
We wish you a happy & prosperous 2023 <3. Click here to check out some of our top stats from 2022

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Habbo
    Empired

Default What made you join Habbox?

For a lot of us, Habbox has been a part of our lives for huge parts of our lives. As Habbox's 12th birthday is fast approaching, I thought it would be interesting to interview some different users and ask them some questions about their time at Habbox and how things have changed (or stayed the same) since they first joined.
    Special thanks to FlyingJesus, lawrawrrr and welshcake for letting me interview them.

When did you first join Habbox?

FlyingJesus - February 2006

lawrawrrr - July 2009, although I didn't start using the forum until November 2010

welshcake - I properly joined in June last year

What made you join?

FlyingJesus - Not really sure, just wanted to be part of a community I guess and it was the best site around for a Habbo like me +*+*+

Tell us a bit about what Habbox was like when you first became a member.

lawrawrrr - I don't remember a huge amount to be honest! I started hanging around in the Help Desk quite a lot and made friends with a few popular Habboxers at the time, including Georgia and Hayley. I used to love listening to the radio and going to party rooms where everyone was really friendly and chatty, and I eventually got introduced to the comps department where I got my first trial (on Christmas Eve!) and the rest is history...

Are you glad you joined or do you think you'd have been better of if you'd stayed away?

welshcake - I am glad I joined. Omg if I said "I'd rather I stayed away" I would get fired RIP bye.

Who do you miss from when you first joined?

FlyingJesus - Bef. She was my friend who I used to talk to all the time and we'd ring each other and chat about what a **** she was, it was great.

What's the most memorable event for you during your time at Habbox?

lawrawrrr - I have two! The first is my first Win a Room, which is what GOT me onto Habbox really so I'll always remember that ( DJs Robbie and Rave!). I was such a noob and won SO much furni, most of which I still have!! The second one is HxSS from 2013, I played Habbo for SO long during that time! Even though I won Worst Sport and Biggest Moaner I really enjoyed it haha!

What, if anything, would you change now to improve Habbox?

welshcake - If I could I would change the amount of dedicated people. So if I could, I would give birth to 1020 babies who are all dedicated to Habbox.

----------------------------------------------

This only shows a few of the answers I received. If you'd like to read the whole article, click here.

If you'd like to be in with a chance to win yourself some Habbox Birthday VIP, post below with your own answers to the seven questions above before 23:59 BST on Sunday 28th June. Everyone who answers all seven will be entered into a raffle and the winner will receive a month of special Birthday VIP, plus all entries will receive a +rep from me.
    (If you don't get rep it's because I've +repped you in the last week, so I'll put you in my signature and +rep you when I can dw)

Obviously you can carry on posting after Sunday 28th, but all answers before then will be compiled into one (or maybe two depending on how this goes) article(s) posted at the end of the month which is why you're only entered into the draw if you post before the end of next week.

September 2010 - I registered but i never become too active until christmas time

What made you join?

I was playing illegal habbos at the time and I wanted to get into Habbo again. It so happened that one of my friends from the retro was in the hxhd so i stalked them and all these people were in this room chatting so he told me to sign up to habbox and i done all that and it was a pretty cool forum so hxhd made me join.

A lot more active than this from what i can remember. I hung around the hxhd with wizzz who was my first friend, he was like hey u should apply for hxhd so i did and that was the first department i joined

Are you glad you joined or do you think you'd have been better of if you'd stayed away?

Yer im glad because i met some awesome people who i wish i could meet irl but just can't and its cured boredom

How active the forum was and the people

Winning the monthly graphics comp with the most horrible gif and i heard [MENTION=68263]Samanfa[/MENTION]; got mad, i was scared of samanfa when i joined because she get giving me criticism on my graphics

Release v7 and have more people posting but i cant see it happening, all fansites are dying

Habbo
    mdport.

February 2010

What made you join?

2 of my friends irl listened to hxl when they played habbo so I decided to join in. Then they quit like a week later and I copped **** for still playing habbo but I just stuck around.

I was an idiot, posted stupid things with kisses at the end of every post. I used to love going to HxL events and events in general, hxhd was awesome and I remember quite a few of the older members who i thought were cool. Any threads I made we always in the wrong sections.... always.

50/50. I've enjoyed my time here but I've been addicted since like 2011 and I wonder what things would be like if I had of stayed away.

Will (Pigperson), Chantelle, Charity (Kaylinboo), Sophie (Sloths) and a number of other people actually.

For some reason my best memory is of a HxL event run by Will in a huge room with heaps of HxL staff running different sections of each room, it was really good fun and the on-air show was great to listen to (and made me laugh i think).

Move forward and get to the same level as other fansites, such as becoming more modern (V7 possibly idk), relax some of the rules so that people don't think they're still 13 and not treat staff roles as life or death things (don't be so strict and make things more appealing and fun and not just rules rules and more rules). Certain people also seem to take Habbox way way way too seriously and have meltdowns every time the smallest things go wrong (people yelling at you in staff roles if you make a mistake etc). I know i'd be called a hypocrite for saying people take things to seriously as I'm a mod and apparently lots of people seem to think I'm very pedantic when it comes to rule breaks, but i'm only doing what I'm told!

April 2006 but I didn't become active until December 2007.

What made you join?

I was having technical problems with Habbo, knew Habbox was popular so thought my best chance at fixing it would be to ask in here. Turns out no-one could help me and it fixed itself. I stayed because Articles applications opened. I didn't get in but being the stubborn person I am, I stayed (got in on my 3rd attempt).

There were a lot of people and little gangs. It was hard to integrate into them. There was plenty to do and get involved with though. It wasn't until Bomb-Head organised a staff bonding Takeshi's Castle that I made some proper friends (by then, I was already Articles Staff having been rejected 3 times so that should give an indication how long it took).

I learnt so much. I'd already done the growing up phase at different fansites/online communities so I'd already learned how not to do things. Habbox became the chance for me to learn how I could do things. I have learnt a lot but more importantly than that, I met some great people, who I'd want to remain friends with beyond Habbox (even if for some of them, they've already left and that's no longer possible).

Alex3213 was the closest thing to a best friend I had on Habbox. We were a good team. He left without saying goodbye but still plays Runescape where he's blocked everyone so that does ruin it slightly. Despite that, he was a friend I could count on.

How active the forum was and the people

There were a lot more threads. I only reply to the threads I want to and I'd get 20+ posts a week without even trying. If I wanted to do that now, I'd have to really look around for them.

There's been so many! I am going to cheat and have a three-way tie between

Habbox Monopoly - the buzz this event got and entries increased to just under a thousand
    Habbox Olympics - the mute happened a couple of days before it was due to start and I was panicking. Could've cancelled but I just thought we'd try our best to work around it. Despite a few glitches, the staff did really well under the circumstances and funnily enough, having to communicate on the forum rather than Habbo actually made it feel more like a community.
    Shipwrecked - An intense event and I was so worried that it was such a struggle to recruit teams. I thought it was going to crash and burn but we managed to get 7 teams cobbled together. Once it started, I was relieved. I didn't have a life for a whole fortnight. It required constant attention but players really got into the spirit of it and it made the whole thing worth it.

When I leave, I will definitely remember the events planning and being creative as the best part of the job.

Habbo, Habbo, Habbo. We need more Habbo presence.
    Last edited by Inseriousity.; 21-06-2015 at 11:33 AM.

Habbo
    Empired

Thanks for the replies so far :¬:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    Habbox Monopoly - the buzz this event got and entries increased to just under a thousand
    I don't think I was around for that. What is/was Habbox Monopoly?

Event organised by Comps Department. Basically, a Habbox-version of the McDonalds Monopoly. Enter two competitions, get a monopoly card. Collect a set to win prizes. Mayfair/Park Lane was a throne back when they were worth 350c so it was really popular.

Habbo
    Evanora

october 2013

What made you join?

well after much dramas with mattg on twitter i wanted to win a habbox award

fun sexy nice cool fun times for everyone

no i am not glad because if i had stayed away i would still be loved cherished member of the habbo community

myles D:

when i was fired for being too good of an events host and mung bean festival

close it down
    HxSS Blue Team

Habbo
    Empired

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    Event organised by Comps Department. Basically, a Habbox-version of the McDonalds Monopoly. Enter two competitions, get a monopoly card. Collect a set to win prizes. Mayfair/Park Lane was a throne back when they were worth 350c so it was really popular.
    Oh cool. Don't even know that that would work now that Habbox has such low activity [MENTION=114868]zebbadi[/MENTION]; and I were just talking about The Weakest Link hosted by the news dept too but I don't think I ever attended

lol that was fun to host, its a shame it had its limits. 5 players, 1 round.
    Evanora's just reminded me of Habbox Awards 2010 where it moved to HxL for the first time. That was good fun too writing the speeches for people that didn't bother. We did a practice run and I thought the jokes were too harsh cos there was no reaction but when there was an actual audience, everyone laughed along and I breathed another sigh of relief.

Habbo
    Zitrone

hmm summer 2012 i believe

What made you join?

habbo news and rumours forums

active and people actually spoke about habbo!

better off if i stayed away then maybe i would have no reason to play habbo

nobody

hxss of 2013

it can't be improved i'm afraid

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast