HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Default British Airways plane catches fire in Las Vegas

A British Airways plane bound for London has caught fire at Las Vegas airport, forcing the evacuation of all 172 on board on emergency slides.

McCarran International airport tweeted that two people "were transported for minor injuries".

US Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Ian Gregor was quoted as saying that the plane's left engine caught fire before take-off.

The plane was seen engulfed in flames and smoke. The fire was later put out.
    Full Article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34193767

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Expling

Latest Awards:

that's so sad
    it's rather uncommon to see issues like this happening with BA, I fly with them twice a year!

I hope everyone is alright
    I just hope they didn't have anything planned for when they got to london cos' they might have been a little late!

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Expling View Post
    that's so sad
    it's rather uncommon to see issues like this happening with BA, I fly with them twice a year!

I hope everyone is alright
    I just hope they didn't have anything planned for when they got to london cos' they might have been a little late!
    All passengers and crew are safe, some with minor injuries I believe but nothing too serious. Very quick reactions from the crew and fire service at the airport as well.

Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 09-09-2015 at 07:07 AM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    flyingcheese101

Latest Awards:

Wow!

Tokens
    Habbo
    mdport.

Latest Awards:

At least no one died and the plane didn't crash. I'd hate to imagine what would've happened if it did crash!

At least everyone's safe.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

A few more seconds and it would have hit the speed where it would have been forced to take off due to lack of runway remaining to stop. Then everyone would have died.

How just a few seconds can mean life and death eh?

Very glad everyone is safe.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by snr View Post
    A few more seconds and it would have hit the speed where it would have been forced to take off due to lack of runway remaining to stop. Then everyone would have died.

How just a few seconds can mean life and death eh?

Very glad everyone is safe.
    Don't know how you can be so sure everyone would have died to be honest.

Previous Habbox Roles

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Don't know how you can be so sure everyone would have died to be honest.
    Have you seen the state of the plane? That is after the fire was put out within 4 minutes. It would have had to take off, go around and land. That would have taken it a lot longer. The wings which hold fuel is right above the engine which posed another major risk. The fire melted windows, what would it have done to the people inside by the time it went around (if it even managed that?).
    Last edited by abc; 09-09-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by snr View Post
    Have you seen the state of the plane? That is after the fire was put out within 4 minutes. It would have had to take off, go around and land. That would have taken it a lot longer. The wings which hold fuel is right above the engine which posed another major risk. The fire melted windows, what would it have done to the people inside by the time it went around (if it even managed that?).
    Yes I have seen the plane and the damage the fire has done. Such failures on the ground doesn't mean it would have done the same sort of damage in the air, there's a lot of specifics to add onto that. (speed, wind) and the actions the flight crew would have done to try and stop the fire. To claim everyone would have died is not 100% to be quite honest. Maybe sure, but not defiantly.

Previous Habbox Roles

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Yes I have seen the plane and the damage the fire has done. Such failures on the ground doesn't mean it would have done the same sort of damage in the air, there's a lot of specifics to add onto that. (speed, wind) and the actions the flight crew would have done to try and stop the fire. To claim everyone would have died is not 100% to be quite honest. Maybe sure, but not defiantly.
    Speed and wind would have affected the fire but not to a major extent. The plane would not be traveling very fast as it would be going around for an emergency landing. Yes we cannot say with 100% certainty that everyone would have died but we can be pretty sure they would have. The fire was such that switching the engine off or using the internal features to tackle the fire would not have been that effective.

It is very luck that the situation turned how it did it, now the investigators have the best scenario in front of them to work out what went wrong to prevent this from happening again. No doubt it will be in Air Crash Investigation shows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast