HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

Default Too Cold to Work

Right, so I work alone in a little shop that has absolutely NO heating.

It's absolutely fine in the summer as the room stays cool so there's no need for air conditioning. However, my area manager and several other people have constantly been saying about getting a heater over here for the winter.

Well it's cold and despite it being like 2 and half months now there is no heater.

There's no law for working temperatures I believe, but it is literally cold to the point where my hands are going bright red and I'm shivering. I keep saying about it and my area manager keeps saying we'll get one in soon - but this is getting ridiculous now.

Is there anything I can do, does anyone know?

As a coat isn't uniform and a black jumper doesn't suffice I am literally suffering and shivering at work - sitting on my bum for 8 hours in the freezing cold. :\

and no I won't buy my own heater for the workplace 'cause I don't want to be here much longer and I have no need for one at home so it'd be a waste. Plus im poor.
    Last edited by Hannah; 22-09-2015 at 12:28 PM.

bella ciao

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/temperature/law.htm

Yeah you're right that there's no official law however there's guidelines from the HSE.
    Are you in a union or anything that you can go to? If you are then speak to a rep about it. I'd really suggest joining a union if you aren't already in one because that's all I can really think of if your manager isn't helping.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by :Cerys View Post
    http://www.hse.gov.uk/temperature/law.htm

Yeah you're right that there's no official law however there's guidelines from the HSE.
    Are you in a union or anything that you can go to? If you are then speak to a rep about it. I'd really suggest joining a union if you aren't already in one because that's all I can really think of if your manager isn't helping.
    Yeah, I think I'll have to join one. It's actually ridiculous.

Thank you

bella ciao

Tokens
    Habbo
    Expling

Latest Awards:

I think you should make a formal complaint
    like a proper one in writing and make something up

or just have a few days off one week and when they ask where you were just say you were ill because you caught a cold from the freezing cold shop
    hahaha

but tbh, I wouldn't go into a freezing cold shop so how the hell are they even getting customers?!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

THERMAL UNDIES also if they're being rubbish about buying a heater say you'll go buy one as long as you can claim the cost back, then it saves them having to bother doing anything but you still get warm
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Kick up a fuss and if they say no then throw it back in their face and walk out there and then.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Too cold to work for you, too hot to work here. Its just bypassed 50 degrees here.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Expling View Post
    I think you should make a formal complaint
    like a proper one in writing and make something up

or just have a few days off one week and when they ask where you were just say you were ill because you caught a cold from the freezing cold shop
    hahaha

but tbh, I wouldn't go into a freezing cold shop so how the hell are they even getting customers?!!
    Yesterday was surprisingly the busiest day I've had here. 15 customers in 8 hours lol.
    Normally we get 0-5.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    THERMAL UNDIES also if they're being rubbish about buying a heater say you'll go buy one as long as you can claim the cost back, then it saves them having to bother doing anything but you still get warm
    Yeah I may have to do that - seems like the most likely way to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Kick up a fuss and if they say no then throw it back in their face and walk out there and then.
    I have bills to pay - otherwise I'd quite happily walk out. Need another job lined up first. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMerc View Post
    Too cold to work for you, too hot to work here. Its just bypassed 50 degrees here.
    Jeez! I'd be quite happy to work in 50 degrees tbf, but then again I sit on my butt doing nothing all day.

bella ciao