HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Which way did you vote in the EU referendum today?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • REMAIN

27 51.92%
  • LEAVE

25 48.08%
Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I don't see us as in decline. @Zak; @The Don;

We're the world's 5th largest economy, UN SC member, number one financial centre and the only European country expected to remain in the G10 by 2050.

One of the reasons I want to leave the EU is because I want us to be signing trade deals with India, China, Brazil, Canada, Australia, Malaysia.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    We are going to leave. It's just a question of do we do it now and grab the opportunities or later on.
    "or later on" - sounds like you are slightly worried we may not leave in June hence you will be asking for another referendum like the SNP keep doing about Scottish independence.

I like how you quoted the minority - 6 cabinet ministers campaign to leave. Not the majority of the cabinet who are campaigning to stay.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@abc;

I've said before that as the Eurozone moves closer together Britain is going to have to leave. They're pushing for an EU army, shared EU financial institutions like a Treasury and Britain clearly isn't going to take part in them. Not to mention the fact it is falling apart anyway just look at the Eurozone + Schengen. It is moving in a direction that is clearly unacceptable & unsuitable for us and as shown in the 'renegotiations' there's no changing it from the inside. It's just not for us.

My logic is that let us leave now rather than in ten years because that way we'll get a head start in signing Free Trade Deals with the likes of the Commonwealth.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 21-02-2016 at 04:55 PM.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Default Mayor of London Boris Johnson backs Britain to leave the EU

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-35626621

Mayor of London Boris Johnson backs Britain to leave the EU

Quote Originally Posted by BBC News
    Breaking: Conservative Mayor of London Boris Johnson is to campaign for Britain to leave the EU.

The MP's decision comes as ministers began campaigning over the UK's EU membership, after PM David Cameron called a referendum for 23 June.

Mr Johnson is expected to confirm his decision in a statement later and set out his reasons in a Telegraph column.

A statement from Mr Johnson, the MP for Uxbridge and Ruislip South, is expected at about 17:00 GMT, following days of speculation about which side he would back.
    He's making a statement live on television right now.

The Secretary of State for Justice, Dominc Raab MP, has also backed the Leave campaign today.

The Deputy Mayor of London has backed Leave and Zac Goldsmith MP (the candidate to replace Boris as Mayor) has also backed Leave.

Well done Boris.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 21-02-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Urgh slippery weasel using the EU referendum as platform for leadership campaign rather than his principles.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Here's his statement from a few moments ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    Urgh slippery weasel using the EU referendum as platform for leadership campaign rather than his principles.
    risky though for them backing Leave.

Apparently George Osborne has been threatening MPs (like Savid Javid who wanted out) if they don't back Remain then their careers will be over when he's PM.

Big problem for George now though because looks like Boris could be Prime Minister this summer.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yes he's a slippery weasel too but at least he's going with what he actually thinks on the issue!

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    Yes he's a slippery weasel too but at least he's going with what he actually thinks on the issue!
    Boris has hinted towards Leave before though, just usually he said he wanted reforms as many Tories did but obviously now we can all see it can't be reformed.

I wish Corbyn, McDonnell, May, Javid and others would say what they really think though. They're all known to want to Leave in private.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

@abc;

I've said before that as the Eurozone moves closer together Britain is going to have to leave. They're pushing for an EU army, shared EU financial institutions like a Treasury and Britain clearly isn't going to take part in them. Not to mention the fact it is falling apart anyway just look at the Eurozone + Schengen. It is moving in a direction that is clearly unacceptable & unsuitable for us and as shown in the 'renegotiations' there's no changing it from the inside. It's just not for us.

My logic is that let us leave now rather than in ten years because that way we'll get a head start in signing Free Trade Deals with the likes of the Commonwealth.
    IF (and when) we get to that stage then we can look at our membership again then. But right now there is no point in assuming things. We should vote now based on the current situation.

You keep mentioning countries such as Switzerland and Norway however your OUT team mention that "none of the country-based models would work for the UK". You fail to point out that "Norway and Switzerland have to abide by many EU rules without any influence over how they are formed and have to pay to access the single market.".

By being in the EU at least we will have some influence over the EU rules, however the countries you use as examples have zero influence. Is this what you want, the UK to lose influence? If we have a clean break from the EU we would then have to renegotiate all trade deals which could take several years with no guarantee that they would be better for us than what we currently have. Even after we finally have renegotiated with the countries, there would be tariffs set on our exports while having to still meet the EU standards, which means our exports would no longer be considered competitive. Anyone will agree that this is NOT good for our economy or jobs.

"The attractiveness of the UK as a place to invest and do automotive business is clearly underpinned by the UK's influential membership of the EU," said a KPMG report on the car industry. The financial services sector, which employs about 2.1 million people in the UK, also has concerns about a British exit. "The success of the UK financial services industry is to a large extent built on EU Internal Market legislation. To abandon this for some untried, unknown and unpredictable alternative would carry very significant risks," said global law firm Clifford Chance in a report by think tank TheCityUK.

The fact of the matter is, we do not know if we really will be better off outside the EU. Leaving is based on a lot of IF's. If renegotiation's go badly after an exit or we end up being worse off in the long run, all UKIP and people like Dan will do is blame the government for being poor negotiators and try to free themselves of all blame for supporting the OUT campaign. Staying in we know exactly what we are getting.

The EU vote has very little impact on me. The result will not/should not affect me, however I believe staying in will have a greater benefit for the British people and economy. I will be voting to stay in.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Big problem for George now though because looks like Boris could be Prime Minister this summer.
    I didn't realise Cameron was resigning this summer?

Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast