HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Default Are depressed people "more intelligent"

studies apparently show links between depression and intelligence
    people interpret this as "intelligent ppl are depressed because they see the world as it really is"
    i believed this when i was depressed and justified my depression in this way - i now no longer think it's true and could argue that intelligent people know how to be happy. or more likely, depression affects people regardless of intelligence.
    & i would pick happiness & unintelligence over unhappiness and intelligence anyday

wbu?

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Correlation isn't causation, this is the same as when you get those facebook posts going round like "people who are intelligent swear lots and are messy!!!!!" and all the thickest people you know repost it
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

surely just coincidence as lots of people suffer from depression at some stage in their lives.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

tbh i understand why depressed people can see the world as it really is but I can't explain it without sounding crazy
    but then again i would think you were crazy if you thought my explanation was crazy :¬:

happiness and "normality" are an illusion, you need to feel the other side of that to understand fully how the psych really works and
    once you understand that then things seem clearer

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    tbh i understand why depressed people can see the world as it really is but I can't explain it without sounding crazy
    but then again i would think you were crazy if you thought my explanation was crazy :¬:

happiness and "normality" are an illusion, you need to feel the other side of that to understand fully how the psych really works and
    once you understand that then things seem clearer
    jst explain? how do u determine who sees the world "as it really is" when the world is diff for each person

what about people for me who have been depressed and are now happy

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    Red

Latest Awards:

I'm not sure on intelligence but think it's more to do with the fact they are probably of a type a personality; Being self-critical/perfectionists/overachievers.

Like Empired Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    jst explain? how do u determine who sees the world "as it really is" when the world is diff for each person

what about people for me who have been depressed and are now happy
    your whole life is based on memories
    everyone was once a jumble of everything possible but then as you grew up you were made into who you are and you are now who you were made into from that

think of like a blend of every emotion, feeling etc but as you go through life all those feelings/emotions branch out into a seperate state so instead of happiness sadness combined now you feel happiness and sadness into 2 different things

and from that if you can seperate every emotion and have experienced the shitty depressed no hope feeling then you can separate it from that core "everything" feeling and understand that part of shitiness is a part of life that some people haven't experienced before so therefore you know more than them which doesn't make sense but it makes sense to me

hard to explain but also probably sounds crazy but makes sense to me :Thumbs-Up:

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

makes sense yeah but if u think people who have experienced the shitty part of life and know "more", how do u explain people who find happiness after that?

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Having a greater range of experiences doesn't make one more intelligent anyway though, I mean look at people like Honey Boo Boo and others who are basically famous for being dumb as it gets but through their fame they've had a billion more experiences than I ever will - doesn't make them any smarter it seems.

Also Jacob brought up a good point (who'd have thought it); depression is for most people something that's very much temporary. If that's the case do you lose intelligence if you recover?

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Also Jacob brought up a good point (who'd have thought it); depression is for most people something that's very much temporary. If that's the case do you lose intelligence if you recover?
    see that's my point, me saying "hey im going to get help for my depression and work really hard on being positive and making positive changes to my life and attitude because i dont want to be depressed anymore" imo makes me intelligent. i didn't become unintelligent by making that choice and if i did then it beats being depressed lol

pigged 25/08/2019

Like Shar Liked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast