HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eurovision

Tokens
    Habbo
    Red

Latest Awards:

I've listened to a couple. I like Romanias yodel song and Sweden.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Given it's all political then Russia to win plz.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

I wish ITV would broadcast it instead of the BBC because they would actually put money and effort into us winning

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Given it's all political then Russia to win plz.
    Too bad Russia got banned for political reasons

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Too bad Russia got banned for political reasons
    Lucky Russia!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    I wish ITV would broadcast it instead of the BBC because they would actually put money and effort into us winning
    Yeah dunno how they'd fit it all with ads etc but getting some decent tunes in there would be nice rather than a single show where we get to vote among 6 shit songs from nobodies. X Factor or something should do a deal with them so the winner sings at Eurovision, at least there might be some interest in making it good then... I'd say Let It Shine but that show is terrible
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Yeah dunno how they'd fit it all with ads etc but getting some decent tunes in there would be nice rather than a single show where we get to vote among 6 shit songs from nobodies. X Factor or something should do a deal with them so the winner sings at Eurovision, at least there might be some interest in making it good then... I'd say Let It Shine but that show is terrible
    Most other countries have ads during intervals/VTs which are only there to fill up space for channels like BBC. Funnily enough the UK entry this year was on X Factor a few years ago and Simon Cowell sent her home over Jedward The ITV version of The Voice was soooooo much better than the previous 4 or 5 years of it being on BBC and I'm sure Eurovision for the UK would be better too (apart from Graham Norton probs leaving rip)

Sweden select their entry through a huge X Factor-like show and have placed in the top 5 five times (winning twice) in the last 6 years

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Yeah quite a few countries have enormous talent shows for their entries, it's ridic that as a Big Five country we put so little effort into it

ps Jedward are great how dare
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I just listened to ALL of the songs and made quick notes. You're welcome.

Albania - Mediocre tune, weak lyrics WOULDN'T IT BE NICE IF EVERYONE WAS NICE
    Armenia - HEEEEEEEEeeeEeEEEEeeeEEeEEee wtf is this aren't Armenia usually ok. Pass
    Australia - Boring as all hell but will do well probably, sounds like some James Arthur or Gary Barlow nonsense
    Austria - Basic guy-with-guitar tune, Paolo Nutini fans will enjoy it and he's good but it's not very Eurovision
    Azerbaijan - Nearly always good and doesn't disappoint too much here, half decent electro tune. Lyrics make no sense at all as per but it sounds good
    Belarus - Delightfully upbeat, not my kind of thing but good luck to them it's a fun tune
    Belgium - Zzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Bulgaria - Good voice but another zzzzzzzz
    Croatia - Fat Rylan turning into Pavarotti this is hilarious, easily the most entertaining of the lot (so far, but I don't hold out much hope for the others)
    Cyprus - CLAP. BOOM. CLAP. BOOM. Mega basic but it kinda works and... not too awful lyrics? Is this really Eurovision?
    Czech Republic - Not awful but another plonky piano nothingy song
    Denmark - Finally a glittery pop song, something with some FEELING yes this is a good one, this is Europsong! Much better than what their last winner wrote for us to sing this year
    Estonia - Who the hell writes a 3 minute pop song without a bloody chorus it's not a horrible song but no thank you
    FYR Macedonia - For a dance song this is really pretty boring. Has some good elements but as a whole it doesn't work
    Finland - What the hell is this awful lyrics awful tune no soul no excitement no points
    France - Yay a bouncy dancey one I mean the lyrics make no sense because it's Eurovision but this one is much more fun, it's very Mediterranean
    Georgia - I lost the faith sometimes Georgia have good songs but this is very ungood
    Germany - Opens sounding like Bulletproof but it's not that song which is a shame. Kinda really boring actually
    Greece - Cool tune, I like it. Singer isn't the best but this should be fun if they perform it well woopwoop
    Hungary - Not sure if this is a Eurovision song or a Call To Prayer. Will be surprised if this gets to the final
    Iceland - VERY Eurovision, not as powerful as some big beat tunes but definitely on the good list
    Ireland - Duuuude sounds like a ladyyyyy apparently he's 20 but if that's true he's a eunuch. Song's ok I guess
    Israel - Probably the worst lyrics ever. Good tune though and he can sing, could do fairly well but it's not my favourite
    Italy - ok no THIS one has the worst lyrics ever. It's fun I guess but why would you ever think that this is a good idea for a song
    Latvia - Very odd, would be a good tune for the backing on a tv show when something's about to go down. Can't predict whether this will be a hit or flop tbh, could go either way
    Lithuania - Don't write/sing in English if you clearly don't know the language at all, this is hilariously Eastern European. She's also just not a good singer
    Malta - Malta have a strong history of being shit in this competition and they seem set to continue in this fashion. They've had worse but yawwwwn
    Moldova - NOTHING MAKES SENSE. This is the novelty song but it's just pants. It's about porking someone else's girlfriend but in the most broken English since... well, since the Lithuanian song actually
    Montenegro - Opens with a line about wet dreams, crikey. This is the gayest one so far by many miles and it's actually pretty good after the first verse
    Norway - Ed Sheeran-y feelgood song with a random DJ added in. Not for me
    Poland - Another that's ok but nothing particularly special, might be better in a live performance
    Portugal - This was about as good a decision for Portugal as when they hired Emanuel Santos to do the Ronaldo statue
    Romania - I was promised this would be the best. Well. The yodeller is excellent but... David Haye singing with her was an odd choice. Still, 100% entertainment and if it doesn't place near the top then we've all been scammed
    San Marino - Weird dialogue duet, they're better at music than football at least but no thanks
    Serbia - This one could also depend on the live performance, it's a pretty decent dance tune, shame there are a few that seem very similar
    Slovenia - A bit nothingy. Very X-Factor reject feel to it (cough UK cough) and just not interesting at all (cough UK again cough)
    Spain - Jason Mraz with long blonde hair. Spain are lucky that they pay to get straight to the final
    Sweden - Not the worst song but this is the country of Abba, Ace Of Base, Refused, Robyn, Swedish House Mafia, and Yngwie Malmsteen. Sort it out guys
    Switzerland - Lovely voice, song reminds me a lot of Chained To The Rhythm which is not necessarily a plus or minus. Mid table probably
    Netherlands - A girl group! We don't get enough of these on Eurovision. Verrrry basic feelgood song, could be a Disney soundtrack or something. I like it
    Ukraine - This year's rock song, it's not bad but this is going to be better for the band than for the country. They'll get good exposure, can't see it collecting a huge amount of points though
    United Kingdom - Yawn. For once we get a decent singer but instead of showcasing that we go for a boring song with lyrics that could have been written by the Lithuanians. Forgettable. Should have gone with Tinchy Stryder & Chuckle Brothers
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

tbf RUSSIA wasn't banned, just their singer was, they were allowed to submit another entry!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

I would say the UK is one of the best live performers this yr and has great staging

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast