HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

right, so holiday work visa is time limited, you can earn as much or as little as possible, then gtfo their country, unless you have a skilled job?
    ive known people go out there but it seems like it's a holiday work visa then cause most come back after a year or two. i do know a couple that are over there but it's through the army so i think it's a lot longer they get but she doesn't work and she gave birth there, so i wondered how it worked for couples, if one can support the other?

my boyfriend is working towards a mechanical engineer degree and he has family there so he thinks it'll be relatively easy but idk.

- - - Updated - - -

lmao 88 days agricultural, what exactly can you do there?

pigged 25/08/2019

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    right, so holiday work visa is time limited, you can earn as much or as little as possible, then gtfo their country, unless you have a skilled job?
    ive known people go out there but it seems like it's a holiday work visa then cause most come back after a year or two. i do know a couple that are over there but it's through the army so i think it's a lot longer they get but she doesn't work and she gave birth there, so i wondered how it worked for couples, if one can support the other?

my boyfriend is working towards a mechanical engineer degree and he has family there so he thinks it'll be relatively easy but idk.
    i *think* if you've lived there before ie doing the holiday visa, it adds extra points to when you apply to be an Australian subject or for skilled visa

i think its worth it tbh just for the fact that you can see if you actually like it there, and can travel around to see where you like. you could go for a skilled visa, spend more money and then be pegged down to one place because of the skilled job. with the holiday work visa, you can just get casual work and move cities and states as you please THEN maybe after a year decide right do we wanna try settle here.

Quote Originally Posted by buttons
    lmao 88 days agricultural, what exactly can you do there?
    i had two mates who did agricultural with other jobs like bars, call centres, teaching.

its just like fruit picking or planting stuff. good way to meet people too and go around with them

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

been looking into this more and you can only do it once (literally once in a lifetime) and under 30.

think i'm gonna go for it atm

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yupt

Latest Awards:

anyone can get a working holiday visa which lasts one year, to get a second year you do 88 days worth of regional work (mostly but not always farming stuff). skilled worker visa is different, its not time restricted but you have to be working in a field that is currently listed as desired by the state.
    Former Competitions Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Yupt View Post
    anyone can get a working holiday visa which lasts one year, to get a second year you do 88 days worth of regional work (mostly but not always farming stuff). skilled worker visa is different, its not time restricted but you have to be working in a field that is currently listed as desired by the state.

I bet teaching is actually in that category, may be worth checking Dan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yupt View Post

Tokens

Latest Awards:

One of the people I went to school with is currently doing this. I believe her and her boyfriend wanted to go travelling so endured a long distance relationship to ensure they could save enough money to do so. They travelled to Asian countries for a few months before going onto Australia. I'm not entirely sure if they work out there, I know they at least volunteer though. They were meant to be going home after around 6 months in Australia, but they're still there 2 1/2 years later.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMerc View Post
    I have a friend who gave me the idea of teaching (he's now moved back to Spain for a third time) and he first started teaching some Chinese/Korean immigrants on a farm, and the farmer paid him. I bet I could do private tutorials on the side of any job if I wanted to.

I wouldn't want to teach as a job there though, as you're pinned down in one spot then. Farm/bar/hospitality work I can move about.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    I have a friend who gave me the idea of teaching (he's now moved back to Spain for a third time) and he first started teaching some Chinese/Korean immigrants on a farm, and the farmer paid him. I bet I could do private tutorials on the side of any job if I wanted to.

I wouldn't want to teach as a job there though, as you're pinned down in one spot then. Farm/bar/hospitality work I can move about.
    i think if they ever find out youve made money, you get banned (could be wrong)

- - - Updated - - -

i think if they ever find out youve made money, you get banned (could be wrong)

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@GoldenMerc;

what do you mean? as in a job thats cash in hand?

funnily enough few days ago i was speaking to a Spanish girl in bar who said she'd worked in Florida, USA for a year or two on a tourist visa and just worked cash in hand. had to return home every 3 months then re-enter, but bar just paid her on the hush.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 28-09-2019 at 06:25 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

@GoldenMerc;

funnily enough few days ago i was speaking to a Spanish girl in bar who said she'd worked in Florida, USA for a year or two on a tourist visa and just worked cash in hand. had to return home every 3 months then re-enter, but bar just paid her on the hush.

pretty much, and yeah you can do what that girl done, but only a couple of times or so before they start refusing entry

- - - Updated - - -

@GoldenMerc;

pretty much, and yeah you can do what that girl done, but only a couple of times or so before they start refusing entry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12