HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Habbo, Myspace, Newgrounds, Club penguin,
    Also around the age of 14 - 15 we heard about chatroulette.
    Nothing but people jacking off, no clue why they did that, maybe some kind of fetish but idk.
    No obviously i never connected a camera or atleast 10+ people would have been on the FBIs radar

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,jamiexo

Latest Awards:

I went on so many sites.
    Miniclip, Addicting Games, Cool Math Games (as well because other game sites were blocked at school).

I also loved Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends on Cartoon Network, and they had a game Big Fat Awesome House Party that I was OBSESSED with.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Felix594

Latest Awards:

Habbox......

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Our earliest experience with the Internet was in 2002 when I was a little boy of 000004 — at the time, the most common and affordable method of accessing that 4th dimension would be by acquiring a dial-up network. Yes, that one whose connecting routine would reproduce something that seemed like Armstrong landing onto the Mare Tranquillitatis, and the suspense of the dialing status window showing one different message each 5 seconds, as though you could feel that we were about to finish a long trip. That, of course, did not only mean extreme slow browsings (Talk about 30kbps? "Slow", relatively speaking, because, as compensation, everything had a proportionally smaller size) but also a little cultural agreement of "dialing" on weekends because it normally had a bigger use among people so the companies thought it would be fair to make the data consumption cheaper until Monday morning. It was a time when it could be technically possible to be PHYSICALLy offline from things, we had a more clear notion of when we were using our computers to do things that didn't require Internet and when we were using them to have an online experience, until the moment we would manually disconnect, unplug and just LEAVE.

On another note, I was (and am) a SUPER lover of all the Shockwave/Java/Macromedia Flash games websites, specially those from Miniclip (Boom Boom Volleyball, Stan Skates, Park-A-Lot 2, those you'd control a little bubble underground, that Chasm duck trying to solve the plumbing problem, the RollOn shit that I just cleared after more than 10 years)!! We had cable television until 2005, it was extremely fun to play minigames at CartoonNetwork because everything that you'd see in the webpages linked surprisingly well with the cartoons, the exchange via the cartoon crossovers and, most importantly, translated to Brazilian Portuguesel, let alone how the entire site seemed like a game of its own, looked like a visual playground where everything would move and play little sound effects and there was something new everyday! Same thing with Garfield.com, they had the guts of creating special effects with every single thing you'd put the cursor on! And you gonna tell me the uninspired sterile HTML5 shit is better?

The smashing majority of Brazilians didn't adopt MySpace as our first social medium for that place has already been occupied by a very peculiar and experimental place and project of love codenamed Orkut (2004-2014), created by a guy called Orkut Büyükkökten, managed by Google, which seemed as an intersection of the wackiness and formatting freedom from MSN/Windows Live Messenger (which, by the way, was faithfully used by us Brazilians until its discontinuation in 2012) with primitive communication methods we are used to seeing on Facebook these days, even if a bit messed up and, for most, limited to the family circles as a way of seeing what's going on next doors. I never liked it very much because I didn't understand what was the point of talking with people that I could simply visit in real life and say the same things in person, and with better overall. Also, I never had the talent of pretending that my life's more interesting than it usually is, so all my posts would be sedative at its best and when I said things of my interests it wouldn't cause a bigger effect because no one would understand. It was infinitely COOLER to talk to strange people in forums, they knew what they were talking about and they wouldn't discriminate me for having interests in technology and games!! You know, it was a moment in history when it wasn't considered interesting to claim to be the type of person who liked to use computers and feel pride of that. I absolute love forums and everything that can only come out from it, not even the most intrincate and engaged subreddit managed to successfully replicate the good and creative essence from forums. Earliest accesses to such kind of things was when I was 9 or 10 years old (a couple of days after my father brought Broadband at home, which meant FASTER internet {Download rates: 30kbps! This time around downloading a 100mb Shareware would only take 1 hour of my life instead of eight!!) and found out the heavens where other people created spaces to specifically converse about SONIC and share the RPG MAKER games they would produce on their bedrooms, I reached mental alpha stages. It was basically like finding, at last, the siblings of my generation, even thought I couldn't notice that at the time. I surely had tons of problems of communication with most of them for I was a person that hasn't finished Basic Education sharing a serious, grounded cyber space with those who probably were getting their college degrees (I've always been the youngest member in the room, no matter the time), but it was in all shapes, ways and forms an essential complementary builder of my mind as a human being and were one of the rare times of my life when I truly felt like I belonged somewhere

A is offline Merry Christmas
    and all the best for 2021...
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Bunnies!

Latest Awards:

Habbo in all fairness,

granted i've met some amazing people but what a waste of 10+ years.

ex. senior dj, events organiser and hxhd staff
    oh, and ex forum mod too...

Tokens

Habbo and bebo.

Tokens
    Habbo
    RichBoiSam

Latest Awards:

I started on Habbo at the age of 8 so I didn't do much else tbh however I played a bit of Club Penguin and Neopets. I used to always play Miniclip during school, they soon blocked it so I created a website which was completely random and basically embedded all the games which seemed to work.
    PoorBoiSam

"If you don't put me in here now, I'm offended" - Connor (Ozad) 16:34 10/05/2020

Supporting the best club in the Midlands, Aston Villa

Country
    Scotland
    Tokens
    Habbo
    MikeyFusion

Latest Awards:

Obviously Habbo but OMGPop, MiniClip and Bebo when it was a thing.

habbosymbols is offline HabboxWiki Staff
    HabboxLive DJ
    Rare Values Staff
    Tokens
    Habbo
    :O=.=O:

Latest Awards:

facebook gaming and club penguin and neopets

Tokens
    Habbo
    ArielxSu

Latest Awards: