HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    no it isnt as we still had input into the easa to begin with but whatever
    Does Britain, as a non-EU third party state, have a say on the European Commission and European Court of Justice who oversee the EASA? No. As membership of the EASA requires legislation, this would mean ECJ oversight over British law which isn't taking back control.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    on the point of money, part of the point of consolidating things like this is to make it cheaper to run. if i take the easa budget for 2018, the eu paid around 37 million (i guess euros) into it. in 2018 we put in just under 12% of the total eu budget, so in rough numbers we put in €4.44 million. It's going to cost an estimated £40 million to do it ourselves. even if we took the entire easa budget of 143 million we still would only be putting in <17.16mil of that. so no, it wasnt free but it was a hell of a lot cheaper so maybe before saying we were paying over the odds to subsidise poorer countries you should look at the numbers lmao
    Those prices are actually peanuts when it comes to budgets. For context, the new Royal Liverpool Hospital was estimated at £429 million.

on the eu budget, that is something agreed by member states so it is not the "eu jacking up the budget" and even then it actually went up and down over time
    Up and down, but broadly in one direction.

Let Germany and France subsidise the Romanian and Estonian aviation quangos.

in reality though, instead of reflecting on your assumptions youre just going to say were taking back control and money doesnt matter, because thats what you usually revert to when you make false claims
    It isn't a "reversion" it's the entire reason why I voted Leave. Had the EU been paying us £10bn a year to stay, I still would have voted out.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 08-03-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Does Britain, as a non-EU third party state, have a say on the European Commission and European Court of Justice who oversee the EASA? No. As membership of the EASA requires legislation, this would mean ECJ oversight over British law which isn't taking back control.
    so what youre saying is by having a say in the ecj we never lost control?

Those prices are actually peanuts when it comes to budgets. For context, the new Royal Liverpool Hospital was estimated at £429 million.
    thats completely irrelevant to your claim we were paying over the odds. youve also just compared a fixed cost to an ongoing cost

Up and down, but broadly in one direction.

Let Germany and France subsidise the Romanian and Estonian aviation quangos.

i've just proved to you it's cheaper for us (and, by extension, likely cheaper for everyone).

It isn't a "reversion" it's the entire reason why I voted Leave. Had the EU been paying us £10bn a year to stay, I still would have voted out.
    it is, because you try to make an economic argument which flops so you just fall back to it

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

so what youre saying is by having a say in the ecj we never lost control?
    If you think having a 1 in 28 voice is control then lay off the space cakes.

thats completely irrelevant to your claim we were paying over the odds. youve also just compared a fixed cost to an ongoing cost
    For EU membership, we were. Indisputable - wealthier nations pay in, and poorer nations in the East take out. Subsidisation.

i've just proved to you it's cheaper for us (and, by extension, likely cheaper for everyone).
    Not overall when it comes out of our EU membership contributions.

Britain was paying £10bn or so in, and now we'll have to pay a few million for our own Civil Aviation Authority. A net benefit to HM Treasury.

it is, because you try to make an economic argument which flops so you just fall back to it
    I don't know how many times I have to say if the EU was paying us the £10bn a year, I would still want to Leave.

As it happens, we were paying them the £10bn a year.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 14-03-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

honestly youre just making me want to bash my skull in
    Like sexpot Liked

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Public opinion already going as I said it would. IMO will be a long term trend in that direction.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

that has bugger all to do with aviation
    even if it did the public has just panic bought bog roll as part of this blitz spirit
    Last edited by dbgtz; 20-03-2020 at 08:33 PM.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

that has bugger all to do with aviation
    even if it did the public has just panic bought bog roll as part of this blitz spirit
    Just interesting seeing the flight path of public opinion when we were all supposedly regretting our decision the day after the 23rd June 2016.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12