HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Exclamation Coronavirus Alerts

Coronavirus Alerts

Disease outbreak acute in China, Italy and Persia as 100 countries are now reportedly infected

Last edited by Triz; 06-04-2020 at 08:22 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Is it passed on by oil transfer
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

I've had an awful cold for the past week and I work in a hospital but up here they're currently only testing those who have been to infected countries or been near a person with confirmed coronavirus so one hand we're letting it spread by not testing more people but on the other those who have been tested and have been to an infected country or near an affected person, majority of them haven't contracted it sooooooo one minute i'm omg this is serious the next eh not really.

just been to asda and the toilet paper and tissue aisle is totally cleared out. now i'm not one to care about panic buying or panic about cleanliness but i am worried we end up going out of stock and i'll run out of toilet paper when there's none to buy and AHHHHHHHHHHH. wish we'd all just calm tf down tbh

also plz don't give it to me i want my haircut done next week and i have like really important psych appointments and shit so like i'll die mentally as well if i get it

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jarkie

Latest Awards:

I think the panic buying is a bit over the top - I understand it isn't a nice virus to have, but it is very closely linked to the flu so it is hard to tell whether someone has it or not.

As I work dealing with the public, it has now become a daily risk - I do believe a good number of people here in the UK will catch it before it will get down. However, with viruses, it will just develop and overcome what is thrown at it - this could become the new common cold.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers
    Like Kronics Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sectional View Post
    I assume that's quite an old post. As there is more than 80k causes world wide now.

I hope these actually embed correctly.

We should all be careful - Obviously don't go crazy and start filling your house up with toilet roll etc. But at least make sure you are washing your hands and making sure you do. There will be quite a lot of people who will be more vulnerable to this and it's not just the over 50s.

I don't know why people keep going on about other viruses like the flu etc. We know about the flu, we've had a lot of time to research the flu. The problem we are having is when the health systems can no longer cope. It's why certain countries are going into the delay phase.

Keep those hands clean and away from your faces and we can hope for the best
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 10-03-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Yeah it was pretty old, but still shows how less threatening it is than other viruses or diseases.

Form what I've read if you're a healthy person then there isn't really anything to worry about since most of the cases that result in death are people with underlying medical conditions or the elderly.

Most people who have been diagnosed with corona virus who are healthy, have just felt a bit sick for a few days, much like the common cold.

Can't say I've done that much research on it though, only been reading the odd thing here and there.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

I don't understand the "oh it is okay, only old and sick are at risk" - Do people not care about their elderly grandparents, neighbours, family members with underlying medical conditions? If you know someone over 80, the chances are currently around 1 in 5 that they will be in a body bag if they catch this rapidly spreading disease. The Coronavirus numbers compared to the flu are incredibly frightening. It is not just like the seasonal flu. More to the point, these are the numbers with still-functioning healthcare systems - if this spreads, the mortality rate will rise way past 5% to 8%

Usually with news stories I run through my head the scenarios and think what I would do if I were in government. This? I just don't know.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 10-03-2020 at 10:46 PM.

Like buttons Liked

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Today the Spanish government declared a State of Emergency, the first since 1978 when Spain transitioned to a democracy.

My school closed today for a provisional period of two weeks. The supermarket shelves were running empty of meat, rice, pasta, cheese, fruit.

Worst effected countries at the moment are China, Persia, Italy, Spain and France.

Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 13-03-2020 at 11:52 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

thank god I went last week, looks like all sporting events are being cancelled in Mallorca/Spain too

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast