HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Forum

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

-rep.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jarkie

Latest Awards:

Thank you for your continued effort with the site and forum Triz and Laura. I am liking the new additions to the "likes" and the new images to the text tool bar.

Like N/A, lawrawrrr Liked
    Love Its.Dino Loved

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jarkie View Post
    Thank you for your continued effort with the site and forum Triz and Laura. I am liking the new additions to the "likes" and the new images to the text tool bar.
    Thank you for this well constructed feedback Jamie.
    It was extremely good feedback and very helpful, I enjoyed reading this very much.

It's just about finding the right balance to be honest.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers
    Like N/A, lawrawrrr Liked
    Love Its.Dino Loved
    Laugh Jarkie Laughed

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jarkie

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sectional View Post
    Thank you for this well constructed feedback Jamie.
    It was extremely good feedback and very helpful, I enjoyed reading this very much.

It's just about finding the right balance to be honest.
    Thank you for answering my comment it means the world to me you got my vote

Like lawrawrrr Liked
    Love Its.Dino Loved
    Laugh Triz Laughed

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

I think the new reactions are fine and I'm deffo again the forum having negative reacts however I think even the simple "like" system slightly discouraged people from posting and the extra reactions do so even more.

to be honest if it were up to me, there'd be no like system and no old rep system; if you have an opinion on something someone else has said, write out a response and add to the discussion. But I don't have anything against the like system particularly and don't mind if it stays, just chucking in my two cents
    Like lawrawrrr Liked
    Love Its.Dino Loved

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yupt

Latest Awards:

I personally like the new like system, its a modern way of doing things and frankly how most things work these days.

I also liked the old rep system, however I think the reason I liked this was because it seemed like you actually gained something from posting good posts. If you posted something really interesting and constructive, funny or entertaining people would +rep you and your rep power would over time increase - it was an accomplishment. However this was also a negative, people who have been on this forum since the 1860's posting everyday often had ridiculous power and could really discourage someone from posting again if they decided to -rep someones previous post. So it had its ups and downs but where's the middle ground - maybe its bringing in a similar style by where your likes, hearts etc all counted towards your 'score' or whatever?
    Former Competitions Manager
    Like lawrawrrr Liked
    Love Its.Dino Loved

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

You can see lists of reactions given/received
    https://www.habboxforum.com/thanks.p...6e97b9dff0be79

I'm not personally a big fan of having it displayed because the supposed point of doing away with rep was to make things "fair", and likes/reactions are entirely limitless and unmoderated so anyone desperate enough could rack up as many points as they have posts realistically - and for the GIVEN stat you could of course have literal millions if you were that bothered. No real problem having the info available, but wouldn't want it in userbits or anything

What I do really like it for is giving people a way to show support for things they CAN'T respond to like announcements and recruitment posts, it's nice to see things being appreciated
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Yupt View Post
    I personally like the new like system, its a modern way of doing things and frankly how most things work these days.

I also liked the old rep system, however I think the reason I liked this was because it seemed like you actually gained something from posting good posts. If you posted something really interesting and constructive, funny or entertaining people would +rep you and your rep power would over time increase - it was an accomplishment. However this was also a negative, people who have been on this forum since the 1860's posting everyday often had ridiculous power and could really discourage someone from posting again if they decided to -rep someones previous post. So it had its ups and downs but where's the middle ground - maybe its bringing in a similar style by where your likes, hearts etc all counted towards your 'score' or whatever?
    Yup, whereas now all "reactions" are weighted the same, unlike the rep system where users would give/receive more rep based on their current rep/job title

All reactions given and received are displayed HERE
    From that link you can view a list of people with the most of each reactions, both for given and received, but also you can view a list of the hottest threads & individual posts, and even filter it by date range if you so choose.

Edit: Just seen Tom beat me to linking you that stats. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Empired
    I think the new reactions are fine and I'm deffo again the forum having negative reacts however I think even the simple "like" system slightly discouraged people from posting and the extra reactions do so even more.

to be honest if it were up to me, there'd be no like system and no old rep system; if you have an opinion on something someone else has said, write out a response and add to the discussion. But I don't have anything against the like system particularly and don't mind if it stays, just chucking in my two cents

They do in a sense, but to be honest I highly doubt if we got rid of the like system, it would cause people to instead reply to a post/thread to express themselves. It's a quick way to react to a post if you have nothing to add or say to a post/thread however want to let the post-owner know that their post was appreciated. I'm fairly sure 90% of the posts I react to on Facebook aren't because I liked or loved a comment, but merely because the conversation had come to an end and I had nothing else to say, but wanted to let that person know that I have read their comment. The same can be applied here.

We rather give you the option to react to a post, as it will in turn encourage users to post more meaningful things which might actually warrant them earning more reactions for their posts, rather than posting spam all the time.

Thank you for the feedback both - Hope my answers clear things up a little about the reasoning behind the update
    Last edited by Triz; 24-04-2020 at 06:33 PM.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Just to add my two cents, I do agree that the “lifetime” stats bring the same issue that was one of the big failures of reputation, the fact that new members could never aspire to be the top.

I would be happy for that to display just the last 30 days of stats, and we are hoping to post reaction stats as part of the monthly forum statsics thread to celebrate that!

All in all i think @Yupt; said it very well - these reactions are modernising the forum. It’s totally in line with Facebook and we have to keep relevant and easy to use in that way!

Can I also say separately that triz has been doing a fab job coming up with new ideas and features lately and I’m very proud of him! Thank you @Sectional;

Love Triz, Its.Dino Loved

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast