HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Forum

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    AWFUL psot
    i cant to -rep this
    screw u

pigged 25/08/2019

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    bring back rep
    was just about to post this

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Ohhhhh triz is sectional I was wondering who triz was
    Like LUCPIX Liked
    Laugh Triz Laughed

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yupt

Latest Awards:

Does anyone really ever look at those leaderboards though other than when they accidentally stumble upon them trying to find something else?

Im not sure I agree the failure of rep was the fact some peoples rep was so high it was unattainable, I think it was the fact that having a high rep meant having a high rep power and so you could easily deter others from reaching a score like yours by -repping them, it should always have been that a +rep or a -rep from any user was worth the same. The way I saw it the user bits showed two really cool things, quantity of posts (post count) and quality of posts (rep) - another thing which may seem minuscule but rep was also used as prizes both for events and competitions, so it also indicated a level of engagement with the habbox community.

Like I said before, I'm a fan of the new emoji system as it's a good step forward into keeping with the times. However I do think the forum has missed something since the removal of rep and personally I think the little flex that is your 'rep' in the user bit is that.
    Former Competitions Manager
    Like Triz Liked

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Yupt View Post
    Does anyone really ever look at those leaderboards though other than when they accidentally stumble upon them trying to find something else?

Im not sure I agree the failure of rep was the fact some peoples rep was so high it was unattainable, I think it was the fact that having a high rep meant having a high rep power and so you could easily deter others from reaching a score like yours by -repping them, it should always have been that a +rep or a -rep from any user was worth the same. The way I saw it the user bits showed two really cool things, quantity of posts (post count) and quality of posts (rep) - another thing which may seem minuscule but rep was also used as prizes both for events and competitions, so it also indicated a level of engagement with the habbox community.

Like I said before, I'm a fan of the new emoji system as it's a good step forward into keeping with the times. However I do think the forum has missed something since the removal of rep and personally I think the little flex that is your 'rep' in the user bit is that.
    Probably not no, we can disable the leaderboard though if we feel it's going to be an issue, but as laura said; we plan to be posting up monthly reaction stats which will cover the last 30 days on who received/gave out the most of each reaction, which will give even new-comer a chance to earn a place on said leaderboard - Plus cool new awards issued to those members! Along with the hottest post of each month judged on which single post/thread had the most amount of 'reaction' engagements.

Tokens have in a sense replaced that "level of engagement" you speak about. Not only do members get Tokens added onto their accounts automatically for posting/creating a thread, but also for competitions from pretty much every department, along with being used as incentives such as 1000 tokens for being the top poster of each month etc.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers
    Like lawrawrrr Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    flimkien

Latest Awards:

This just taught me about the thumbs up / like button - thanks

I appreciate that this probably costs money, development and time but it would be great if there was a mobile app for the Habbox Forum that supported this with live time notifications?

I wonder if there are any third party apps we could use to bring this to life?

Also, the human verification on every post... is this needed if we have had to sign-up and make an account?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by flimkien View Post
    This just taught me about the thumbs up / like button - thanks

I appreciate that this probably costs money, development and time but it would be great if there was a mobile app for the Habbox Forum that supported this with live time notifications?

I wonder if there are any third party apps we could use to bring this to life?

Also, the human verification on every post... is this needed if we have had to sign-up and make an account?
    Hey

Tapatalk is something HabboxForum is on. This app allows you to login to the forum via Tapatalk and browse the forum from their app. Not everything we offer is supported through there though, as it's a 3rd party app.

I personally browse the forum on my phone using desktop mode enabled so I view the forum the same as I do on a PC. This way all features are present and available all the time.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens
    Habbo
    flimkien

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Triz View Post
    Hey

Tapatalk is something HabboxForum is on. This app allows you to login to the forum via Tapatalk and browse the forum from their app. Not everything we offer is supported through there though, as it's a 3rd party app.

I personally browse the forum on my phone using desktop mode enabled so I view the forum the same as I do on a PC. This way all features are present and available all the time.
    Hi Triz!

Thanks so much, will give Tapatalk a whirl!

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I really like Tapatalk too but sometimes its notifications can get a bit... dodgy and don't always come through. I have to remember to manually check every so often.

As for the human verification I think after you've made 15 posts it will change your usergroup so you won't need to do this every time - just one more to go!! This is just a spam protection thing @flimkien;

Like flimkien Liked

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123