HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

I am furloughed, and still can be made redundant, nothing has been set in stone yet sadly... Though got a text last night after Bojos speech saying that he will be calling us tomorrow, so I'm kinda nervous about that lol

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens
    Habbo
    RichBoiSam

Latest Awards:

Hopefully it's good news for you, I don't know the rules around dealerships during lock down but with people now being allowed to drive for exercise from Wednesday, there might be more demand idk?
    PoorBoiSam

"If you don't put me in here now, I'm offended" - Connor (Ozad) 16:34 10/05/2020

Supporting the best club in the Midlands, Aston Villa

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

A little update. Surprisingly the car industry is booming at the moment.. We've had to hire another 4 drivers, which obviously means we've just bought 4 new trucks too.
    I was stupidly busy this week, barely got 2 hours to myself before I had to go to sleep to be up early again for the next day.. I literally did 2 weeks of work in a week, safe to say I'll be taking it slow next week as I'm shattered lmao

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

my brother (apprentice) is facing redundancy along with 15 other staff.

works at a joinery/workmanship place. demand just dropped through the floor.

it's going to be a grim winter.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Little update again

Since the 2nd Lockdown has happened, I'm working Monday-Wednesday next week, then I had a weeks holiday from 16th-20th anyway as I'm moving house, then because of lockdown v2.0 I've booked a further week on top of that, bringing me to 29th Nov, which is only a few days away from the end of the current lockdown, assuming we don't extend it. So fingers crossed cause can't afford to be on furlough atm as I'm buying a house I still can't afford.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sectional View Post
    Little update again

Since the 2nd Lockdown has happened, I'm working Monday-Wednesday next week, then I had a weeks holiday from 16th-20th anyway as I'm moving house, then because of lockdown v2.0 I've booked a further week on top of that, bringing me to 29th Nov, which is only a few days away from the end of the current lockdown, assuming we don't extend it. So fingers crossed cause can't afford to be on furlough atm as I'm buying a house I still can't afford.
    Has the boom on car buying stopped again?

Personally I’m still not being furloughed so no change but the museum where I work is closed again so hopefully able to do some digital activity to support this closure. Just hope we’re able to open early in Dec as it’s usually a booming time for us. I have a bad feeling this lockdown is going to be extended though

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    Has the boom on car buying stopped again?

Personally I’m still not being furloughed so no change but the museum where I work is closed again so hopefully able to do some digital activity to support this closure. Just hope we’re able to open early in Dec as it’s usually a booming time for us. I have a bad feeling this lockdown is going to be extended though
    It's slowed down a little but work always dries up around this time, but I think it's still busier now than it was this time last year and that's because people want cars or want to change their cars as less people want to travel via public transport now.. most popular selling cars are smaller one such as the Hyundai i10, Seat Mii, VW Up, Toyota Aygo and Kia Picanto.. basically all the city cars, especially this first 3.. delivered 12 I10s to a single dealership last week.

It's slowed down a little now but that's because of lockdown, although dealerships are closed the public. They can still go into showroom for service and parts, and also can buy online to pick up in store.

Most of our work during lockdown will be delivering new and used cars to dealerships as normal, but obviously a lesser amount due to lockdown, but there are also cars to be taken from.dealwerships, often part exchanges to be taken places, and at the moment a lot of rental companies wanting to send a bunch of their stock back, so for us it's actually busier than normal... Normally from November till mid Jan, it's fairly quiet..

Good that you're not being furloughed though! But yeah I reckon it'll be extended too, I hope it isn't going to be, but they take of having another full on lockdown mid Jan, so perhaps they will end it at the start of Dec and go back to the tiered system, then a full lockdown in mid Jan.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

What kind of noob would buy an i10 eh

I was due to start back (on reduced hours) last Wednesday but obviously the Saturday just before we got the fun announcement that everything's closing and furlough is being extended for the additional month, so still here * + * + not heard anything about the extension through to March as yet, obv the hope is that things can return over Christmas and if this Pfizer vaccine is real/useful/rolled out then who knows we might have something almost normal in the new year. More likely though they'll give us a couple of weeks over Christmas and then another lockdown while things circulate so that'll be FUN. Just hoping there's still a job to go back to when things do open
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sectional View Post
    It's slowed down a little but work always dries up around this time, but I think it's still busier now than it was this time last year and that's because people want cars or want to change their cars as less people want to travel via public transport now.. most popular selling cars are smaller one such as the Hyundai i10, Seat Mii, VW Up, Toyota Aygo and Kia Picanto.. basically all the city cars, especially this first 3.. delivered 12 I10s to a single dealership last week.

It's slowed down a little now but that's because of lockdown, although dealerships are closed the public. They can still go into showroom for service and parts, and also can buy online to pick up in store.

Most of our work during lockdown will be delivering new and used cars to dealerships as normal, but obviously a lesser amount due to lockdown, but there are also cars to be taken from.dealwerships, often part exchanges to be taken places, and at the moment a lot of rental companies wanting to send a bunch of their stock back, so for us it's actually busier than normal... Normally from November till mid Jan, it's fairly quiet..

Good that you're not being furloughed though! But yeah I reckon it'll be extended too, I hope it isn't going to be, but they take of having another full on lockdown mid Jan, so perhaps they will end it at the start of Dec and go back to the tiered system, then a full lockdown in mid Jan.
    Do you do any of the deliveries for the "online car companies" like cazoo, cinch that I've seen on TV a lot? I always wonder if anyne ACTUALLY wants to buy a car without seeing it first :S

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    Do you do any of the deliveries for the "online car companies" like cazoo, cinch that I've seen on TV a lot? I always wonder if anyne ACTUALLY wants to buy a car without seeing it first :S
    Yeah Cazoo is basically part of BCA and Cinch actually is BCA... (BCA being one of the biggest Car Transport companies out there in case you didn't know)

Most people who buy from them are trade sellers, they buy without seeing but all cars have a grading and they're often in better condition than the grading. So they know what sort of condition the car is going to be in before they buy it anyway, and they often get the cars fairly cheap to be able to sell on.

We get the occasional house delivery but not often as those deliveries obviously normally go to plate drivers who drive the car there themselves or 1 or 2 car transporters... As in an artic it's often impossible to get anywhere close to where they're wanting it delivered... Had to call up someone before and they had to meet me 3 miles away from their house cause that was as close as I could get due to low bridges, impossible corners and narrow roads... People forget that transporters are around 15 foot longer than normal lorries, plus our turning circle is horrendous compared to normal lorries.

So yeah not 100% sure on the statistics on who actually is buying those cars, but I'd imagine it's mostly trade sellers as opposed to regular people buying a car for themselves

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12