HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Desk bot

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,megahao

Latest Awards:

Lightbulb Help Desk bot

An idea to allow users to get basic help at all time. A bot that activates when no staff is working behind the desk. It whispers to the user (so it doesn't bother other users) and it can answer basic questions.

Example:

The user sits in front of the bot then the bot says that there is no staff working right now. It offers the user to choose between a number of categories:

1. Credits & Diamonds
    2. Habbo Club
    3. How to find a job?
    4. How to get a trading pass?
    5. What can I do on Habbo?

and whatever you think is appropriate. Then the user says the number and the bot whispers a possible solution to the problem. Also reminding the user to come back when someone is available to help if the answer wasn't good enough.
    Last edited by megahao; 04-05-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Stealth

Latest Awards:

It's a good idea, but the logistics of the bot make it just not worth it. Besides, what would we do when there are staff members present?

We part, only to meet again. 12/11/04
    Love Ozad Loved

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by sexpot View Post
    It's a good idea, but the logistics of the bot make it just not worth it. Besides, what would we do when there are staff members present?
    Can you elaborate on what 'logistics' makes this not worth it?

The bot could remain whilst there are staff members present if the whisper is triggered by text input based on a set of questions since it wouldn't have any effect on general conversation or more specific questions aimed at the staff.

@megahao; this is a good suggestion, perhaps as a team you could collate your most frequently asked questions to continue to add what's relevant. Seems like a better experience than coming into a room for help and not getting any when there are no staff.

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

I'm fairly certain we already had a bot a few years ago? I'm not sure of its purpose back then, whether it was to help or just to advertise habbox, but the vast majority of people who came to the hxhd complained about it since it spammed like heck.
    Either that or it was just a wild hx dream

Love Ozad Loved

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,megahao

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Cerys View Post
    I'm fairly certain we already had a bot a few years ago? I'm not sure of its purpose back then, whether it was to help or just to advertise habbox, but the vast majority of people who came to the hxhd complained about it since it spammed like heck.
    The bot can whisper to the user when they sit in front of it, no one else needs to hear what the bot says.
    Love Ozad Loved

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Cerys View Post
    There was a welcome bot which is the most basic type of bot I think you can buy in the shop. I think complains were more geared towards spam bots in many event rooms that would advertise open jobs etc. There is a :mutebots command that can be entered into the bot's welcome text to inform new users how to shut it up.

In relation to specific questions, the bot could simply welcome users and you could have wired do the rest. Nobody reads the spammed wired entrance chat so a semi-regular bot chat will be more useful. For example "welcome to hxhd, blablabla, say !help if you have a question". Then the command can trigger a list of FAQs, with each of those questions answered through their own inputs - !duckets, !credits, !jobs, etc. Then just say if their answer is not there to ask a member behind the desk or come back when there is a staff member to help. If you have a visitor logger bot you can also reach out to anybody new who has visited as well but this is more advanced - gives staff something to do though and helps to retain more users.
    Last edited by Kyle; 05-05-2020 at 12:15 PM.
    Like Cerys, David Liked
    Love Ozad Loved

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,megahao

Latest Awards:

FYI bots can whisper to a user!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by megahao View Post
    FYI bots can whisper to a user!
    Oh really what kind of bot is that as I seem to only have a chat bot
    Love Ozad Loved

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,megahao

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Oh really what kind of bot is that as I seem to only have a chat bot
    Well, by using the WIRED Effect: Bot talks or whispers to user.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Might as well give it a crack. In my opinion I see help desk dept being pretty redundant honestly, not that i really sit on Habbo like I used to but most of the time its the staff interacting with the others in the room which is other habbox staff most of the time, i see anyway. Don't get me wrong I don't see behind the scenes of what other things hxhd staff do but it seems to be more of a 'client ambassador' for habbox i guess you could say as the room basically is used for advertising the site these days but people want to hang onto the nostalgia of it as its been around for 12 years or so. Like kyle said you could come up with a load of things together as a team.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast