HxStarz Voting!
The entries are in, and it's time to vote! Click here to listen to our singers and pick your favourites!
Join the team!
Fancy being a DJ? Writing articles for the Habbo world to read? Hosting events? Working on our famous Wiki? You can do all this and more as official staff at Habbox!
Latest clothing releases!
Need to revamp your wardrobe? Check out the latest clothing Habbo has to offer, right here!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Desk bot

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus
    View Awards

A lot of people do still go to hxhd for help (new and old alike) and quite often these people stay around to chat and even become part of Habbox, so it's definitely not redundant at all. While I wouldn't want a bot taking over the job entirely or have staff direct people to the bot instead of personally helping, I can see a benefit to a bot with limited responses. It would need to be very basic info as we obviously can't set it up to answer every query under the sun but the 5 questions you've suggested could be good ones to set up... if the wired will co-operate
    | TWITTER |

Shine Jesus Shine *+*+*+*+
    Love Ozad Loved

Tokens
    View Awards

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    A lot of people do still go to hxhd for help (new and old alike) and quite often these people stay around to chat and even become part of Habbox, so it's definitely not redundant at all. While I wouldn't want a bot taking over the job entirely or have staff direct people to the bot instead of personally helping, I can see a benefit to a bot with limited responses. It would need to be very basic info as we obviously can't set it up to answer every query under the sun but the 5 questions you've suggested could be good ones to set up... if the wired will co-operate
    agree its not redundant but could evolve into something else like a lounge which i know has been suggested in the past but thats just me

Tokens
    View Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    agree its not redundant but could evolve into something else like a lounge which i know has been suggested in the past but thats just me
    There's no evolution needed, the helpdesk and all other helpdesks have doubled as lounges for many many many years. Naming it a helpdesk encourages newer users to visit and adds another dimension, to remove this aspect is and always has been a bad idea.
    Love Ozad Loved

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yupt
    View Awards

I think it's a good idea, and if could be set up properly then whats to lose other than some credits and a few minutes of someones day? It it works then great, if it doesn't then oh well.

Always thought a bot advertising the days events and competitions in hxhd would be a good idea too.. as long as someone actually bothers to update it.
    Former Competitions Manager
    Like megahao Liked
    Love Ozad Loved

lawrawrrr is offline live long and suck it ☮
    General Manager (Site)

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr
    View Awards

I don't mind the idea of bringing back a bot, it can be a good way to advertise things. I would say though, as long as it doesn't spam too much. When we had one before we got a lot of complaints from people, even with the mutebots function!
    totally not predictable:

Like megahao, Cerys Liked
    Love Ozad Loved

megahao is offline Help Desk Staff / Guest Events Organiser
    Tokens
    Habbo
    ,megahao
    View Awards

Probably I didn't explain it well hahah I meant a bot that can help people while there is no staff behind the desk. It can just whisper to the person that needs help, for basic stuff like credits, jobs, duckets, hc. I don't think the HxHD needs more advertisement in the room.
    Like Jarkie Liked
    Love Ozad Loved

Tokens
    Habbo
    olliepotterton
    View Awards

This is a great idea. Imo this should definetely be looked into, doesn't seem too hard.

Ex Content Designer
    Ex HabboxLive DJ
    Ex HxHD Staff
    Ex Competition Staff
    Ex Article Writer
    Ex Article Proof Reader

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bikini
    View Awards

It's maybe something that would be best suited to be done with wired as it is done via whisper and therefore will not effect other habbos around you. Like a "Help Booth" that you would walk up to, or sit at and ask generic starting questions as stated in original post. In this, I could see this work, because it could be a feature that could be turned off and on when there are helpers present.

Thoughts?

Sorry, to edit: This is to remove the Bot all together, and just replace it with just wired.
    Last edited by Brad; 10-05-2020 at 12:18 AM.
    Love Ozad Loved

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yupt
    View Awards

I dont particularly use habbo as much as those who would know better, but the issue i've always had with wired is that its already so overused its intrusive. Even now you enter hxhd and get 5 or 6 wired messaging instantly spam me - and I couldn't even tell you what they say because its such an irritation.

If bots can whisper then that literally sounds like a win to me.
    Former Competitions Manager
    Like megahao Liked
    Love Ozad Loved

Ozad is offline General Manager (Campaigns)

Tokens
    Habbo
    ozad
    View Awards

This is something I can certainly look into

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12