HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Banning for inactivity

Yesterday I found a few of my old Habbo IDs that I made during the name deletion in 2011. I remembered the passwords for them, and I made the emails up back then. I logged into them last night to find out that I had been banned due to "bad behavior". I believe it was only because I logged in that I was banned, so it triggered it and the bad behavior bit is just the generic ban response they have.

I've just tried logging in again and the url actually says "Banned due to inactivity pending deletion". There hasn't been a name deletion since 2011 and I doubt there will be another soon, but Habbo knows there's a lot of older players returning at the moment, so why are they banning those that haven't logged in?

I logged into a couple and thought it might be my browser as I was also logged into Samanfa, and I was on incognito trying to log in to these accounts, so I tried on the app instead. On the app most of them worked fine apart from one, and they had the same time of inactivity also. I've opened a support ticket to try get them back, and I noticed I didn't get the automated "we can't deal with bans over 6 months old" so I believe logging in definitely triggered the ban. I was wondering if anyone else had ever had this or knows what to do about it?
    Shocked HOSKO02 Shocked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Red

Latest Awards:

ohhhh. I should probably check on mine too. When was last time you logged in? Since coming back I seen someone on a rare name with a recent 2020 date. They told me under gdpr habbo delete accounts now. So I'm guessing people can prob have peoples accounts deleted via the help tool which isn't good considering the amount of times they had the info from that leaked.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    ohhhh. I should probably check on mine too. When was last time you logged in? Since coming back I seen someone on a rare name with a recent 2020 date. They told me under gdpr habbo delete accounts now. So I'm guessing people can prob have peoples accounts deleted via the help tool which isn't good considering the amount of times they had the info from that leaked.
    I literally never logged back in after I made them (due to forgetting about them) so that might be why? What name did you see, that probably explains a lot tbh.

Tokens
    Habbo
    RichBoiSam

Latest Awards:

I had the same on an old account which I didn't even get banned on when I used it
    PoorBoiSam

"If you don't put me in here now, I'm offended" - Connor (Ozad) 16:34 10/05/2020

Supporting the best club in the Midlands, Aston Villa

Tokens

Latest Awards:

@Red; I've just had a look as well, 2 of the names I have now accessed again, one was made in April 2011 and one was made literally 9 years ago today. I have access to both of those, so I'm guessing the ban only occurs after a certain amount of time, but I'm not sure how long as I've had some banned from April and May of that year too.

If I can't gain access to them, it's not the worst thing as I don't use them anyway. It was more for reminicing but I did find accounts I didn't know I had.
    @RichBoiSam; did you/could you do anything about it?
    Last edited by Samantha; 12-05-2020 at 10:20 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    RichBoiSam

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    @Red; I've just had a look as well, 2 of the names I have now accessed again, one was made in April 2011 and one was made literally 9 years ago today. I have access to both of those, so I'm guessing the ban only occurs after a certain amount of time, but I'm not sure how long as I've had some banned from April and May of that year too.

If I can't gain access to them, it's not the worst thing as I don't use them anyway. It was more for reminicing but I did find accounts I didn't know I had.
    @RichBoiSam; did you/could you do anything about it?
    Didn't bother to be honest, not the end of the world as I don't think I had too much furni on that one.
    PoorBoiSam

"If you don't put me in here now, I'm offended" - Connor (Ozad) 16:34 10/05/2020

Supporting the best club in the Midlands, Aston Villa

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Bet Jake is sweating with all the accounts he has.

I'll have to check mine (if I can still remember my login). I have quite a few rare name accounts that I've used in the past.

Wow, that is really annoying. I will have to check up on my old accounts now, ugh.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

@Red;

So, I have replies but they can't verify that the account belongs to me (I also don't remember which accounts were specific for which ID so I've had to guess). I don't think they realise that I do actually have access to the accounts, I have the email and the password but it's been banned by them.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I was thinking about this in the shower the other day...

Under GDPR, companies have to have a set data retention schedule. It has to be "reasonable" - e.g. you can't store data indefinitely unless you have a reason to (e.g. if an account is IP banned, you have the authority to store that information to make sure they don't sign up again).

Most places that I have encountered have chosen 7 years as their "reasonable data retention schedule", as it matches accountacy terms. This means that if data hasn't been accessed or used in 7 years, by the customer or the company, then the company no longer has reasonable cause to store that data.

I'm not saying 100% this is what is happening at Habbo, but it would make sense why people are getting "inactivity" bans, or are no longer receiving emails to reset old account passwords - Sulake could possibly have wiped personally identifiable information out of old accounts and 'banned' them because people obviously won't be able to log in any more.

Just a thought!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast