HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Default Habbo password reset email?

This has probably been an issue for me for about 2 years now, but I thought I'd ask around and see if it's an issue for others. Anyways, I have tried and tried to reset my password but I don't seem to receive and password resets emails whatsoever! I have put in many requests saying about it and still lack a response. Anyone struggling with this too?

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Sometimes I've had Habbo emails go to spam so check there! Are you 10000% sure it's definitely that email??

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I’ve had this issue too, contacted Habbo about it and been told the account associated with my email address has been banned... but I haven’t accessed it in years. I’m in the process of trying to get access to the account back at the moment but the support guys seem to be quite slow between responses.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

When Habbo moved to the BETA version you were able to log in multiple ways and also have multiple emails linked to your ID/account. Habbo's new version came around 2015 and for a short period of time you could access 'old' Habbo on 'ex.Habbo.com' before they migrated completely over to the new version. Upon removing the old version, they also removed/didn't include features in the new version - one of which was multiple ways to login (but if they were already set up as a way to login then you could still do so).

So for example, I had 2 emails linked to my Habbo account - a gmail and a hotmail. Only one of them was classed as primary and therefore I can only receive a password reset email from the gmail account and not the hotmail one. I can still login via both emails though. If you're not getting password reset emails through then there could be a few reasons why.

1. Your account was lost in the merge (if you've logged in after 2010 this will not be a problem).
    2. You had more than one way to log in to your account (another email, Facebook, Twitter etc.) if this is the case, you would have to attempt to login via your primary way (if you had 2 emails linked then the other email should be able to receive a password reset email).
    3. Your acount is banned so you won't receive a password reset email.

There's a quick way to see why you potentially aren't getting password reset emails coming through.

Go on Habbo.com and go to create a new avatar. Use the email that you believe your old Habbo account is linked to, fill in the details and proceed to create the avatar.

You may get a reason why you can't create an avatar with the email.

1. If the account is created then you either lost the account in the merge (again, if you've logged in after 2010 then this won't be the case).
    2. The email box says "Please enter a valid email address" - if it says this then the email you're using wasn't your primary way to log in according to Habbo. If this is the case, you need to either try remember your old password or find another way you could have logged in back then.
    3. The email box says "This email is already in use" - if it says this then the email you're using is the correct one and you should be able to get the password reset email through (if it says the email is in use, but you don't get the email then your account is banned).

If you contact Habbo (I've done this in the past) and tell them what's happened then they're not really much help to be honest. They might be able to help you more than they did with me though. Basically, I contacted them and said how a password reset email wasn't coming through, but I knew an account was linked to it. I had to, to and fro a lot to get them to understand as they just kept saying "send a password reset email". Anyway, they apparently looked into my account and said my email had a block on it and that's why it wouldn't come through. They removed the block (apparently) and told me to try send a password reset email again - it didn't work. I then asked them to send a password reset email for me, which they did but again it didn't work. In the end I asked if they could change my password for me over support, but they said no. I still don't have access to the account, but it's not from lack of trying.

I also knew that an email was linked because I sent a forgot password email via the app - it sent on that, but it was the old version from ex.Habbo.com so it didn't work.
    Last edited by Samantha; 19-05-2020 at 09:58 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Red

Latest Awards:

I had this issue years ago. It was a problem with hotmail.