HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Default Favourite author?

I'm sure this thread has been done many times before but who's your favourite author?

My favourite author is George Orwell. My favourite book by this author is Animal Farm. I'm reading one of his publications at the moment. 'The Lion and the Unicorn' is free to read if anyone is interested:

https://www.orwellfoundation.com/the...nglish-genius/

moderator alert Thread moved by Sectional (Forum Manager) from photography and art as I feel it's better suited here
    Last edited by Triz; 22-05-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Based on favourite books, Andy Weir. He’s only written The Martian and Artemis but they’re fantastic books and so great to read!

I also really like David Nichols writing (Us, Starter for Ten), it’s very emotive.

finally... Cormac McCarthy is such a powerful writer and I love his minimalistic style! The Road is just the most dramatic tense book with NO PUNCTUATION (iirc) it’s just amazing. And his play The Sunset Limited is one of the only plays I’ve actually read to myself all the way through. So good.

hmm I need some good female authors

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Roger Zelazny, hands down. Read nearly everything he's written and he was just such an artist with words but without making is showy and long like Stephen King or something. A lot of his novels are almost like poetry and a couple of them actually ARE written as poems because he just fancied doing that sometimes. Lord of Light is probably his best work all round
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

thomas harris (red dragon is my favourite story of all time) and it every now and then I get back into irvine welsh, probably the best writer on drug culture there is and in scots dialect to boot. perfect!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't read books these days but if I was about 15 years old I would say Jacqueline Wilson.
    I have read Tracey Beaker and most of the series because we used to camp out a lot so I had my books to keep me busy.
    lucyecc/loopy_lu on uk habbo

My current self so you can find me (I don't play much anymore so if my HC runs out etc here I am LOL)

Anyone on steam follow me -

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,jamiexo

Latest Awards:

I don't really read all that often anymore (unfortunately), and when I do I just read random books from random authors, so I don't have one specific author that I normally read.

But... when I used to read more frequently, I used to love reading Nicholas Sparks books just because it was the cheesy romance books, and I loved how all of those had movies as well, so I used to read the books and then watch the movies. I'm a sucker for the romance books

Tokens
    Habbo
    Stealth

Latest Awards:

I really really like Stephen King. Big horror fan here, so. Mark Danielewski is also pretty good, george rr martin, etc.

We part, only to meet again. 12/11/04

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Need further research to decide one.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ItsMeerken

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by sexpot View Post
    I really really like Stephen King. Big horror fan here, so. Mark Danielewski is also pretty good, george rr martin, etc.
    Love Stephen King's work!

Shannon - Courtney - Ryan - Aroonie - Tom - Britt

Country
    Scotland
    Tokens
    Habbo
    MikeyFusion

Latest Awards:

I’m not a massive reader these days but I have been listening to the Harry Potter books on Audible with Stephen Fry narrating them. Currently about half way through on Book 2.

So just now J.K Rowling I suppose?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast