HxStarz Voting!
The entries are in, and it's time to vote! Click here to listen to our singers and pick your favourites!
Join the team!
Fancy being a DJ? Writing articles for the Habbo world to read? Hosting events? Working on our famous Wiki? You can do all this and more as official staff at Habbox!
Official badge event!
Stay home, stay safe, and grab yourself TWO new badges with on a virtual holiday with our latest official event!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak
    View Awards

Default Favourite author?

I'm sure this thread has been done many times before but who's your favourite author?

My favourite author is George Orwell. My favourite book by this author is Animal Farm. I'm reading one of his publications at the moment. 'The Lion and the Unicorn' is free to read if anyone is interested:

https://www.orwellfoundation.com/the...nglish-genius/

moderator alert Thread moved by Sectional (Forum Manager) from photography and art as I feel it's better suited here
    Last edited by Sectional; 22-05-2020 at 04:23 PM.

lawrawrrr is offline live long and suck it ☮
    General Manager (Site)

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr
    View Awards

Based on favourite books, Andy Weir. He’s only written The Martian and Artemis but they’re fantastic books and so great to read!

I also really like David Nichols writing (Us, Starter for Ten), it’s very emotive.

finally... Cormac McCarthy is such a powerful writer and I love his minimalistic style! The Road is just the most dramatic tense book with NO PUNCTUATION (iirc) it’s just amazing. And his play The Sunset Limited is one of the only plays I’ve actually read to myself all the way through. So good.

hmm I need some good female authors
    totally not predictable:

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus
    View Awards

Roger Zelazny, hands down. Read nearly everything he's written and he was just such an artist with words but without making is showy and long like Stephen King or something. A lot of his novels are almost like poetry and a couple of them actually ARE written as poems because he just fancied doing that sometimes. Lord of Light is probably his best work all round
    | TWITTER |

Shine Jesus Shine *+*+*+*+

Tokens
    View Awards

thomas harris (red dragon is my favourite story of all time) and it every now and then I get back into irvine welsh, probably the best writer on drug culture there is and in scots dialect to boot. perfect!

Tokens
    View Awards

I don't read books these days but if I was about 15 years old I would say Jacqueline Wilson.
    I have read Tracey Beaker and most of the series because we used to camp out a lot so I had my books to keep me busy.
    lucyecc/loopy_lu on uk habbo

jamiexo is online now Senior Help Desk Staff
    Competitions Staff
    Guest Events Organiser

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,jamiexo
    View Awards

I don't really read all that often anymore (unfortunately), and when I do I just read random books from random authors, so I don't have one specific author that I normally read.

But... when I used to read more frequently, I used to love reading Nicholas Sparks books just because it was the cheesy romance books, and I loved how all of those had movies as well, so I used to read the books and then watch the movies. I'm a sucker for the romance books

sexpot is offline Forum Moderator / Help Desk Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    Stealth
    View Awards

I really really like Stephen King. Big horror fan here, so. Mark Danielewski is also pretty good, george rr martin, etc.

We part, only to meet again. 12/11/04