HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    ThreeTwoSix

Latest Awards:

Default Fansites in 2020 and beyond..

I saw this discussion and actually took part in it elsewhere, but I'm interested to see what some of you guys here at Habbox think...

There have been lots of fansites that have attempted to open the last few years but none of them seem to stick around too long, it seems that the only 'successful' fansites that are still running are the ones that have existed for a long time, back when Habbo still had a stable larger playerbase.

Do you think it's worth for people to try and start their own fansites in 2020 when the amount of players that Habbo has still seems to be declining as we move forward into later 2020 when flash's support is being discontinued.

Should people just try and join an already existing community / fansite that has a chance to keep running for the foreseeable future?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Back in the day fansites used to pull 100-200 or more as a base radio listeners now its hard to get 15 on the biggest sites, i think its good that habbo gives a better platform to fansites now on the hotel i dont feel like theres any more they can do honestly. No offence to the djs as i used to dj too and i was pretty bad but theres just not the personalities they were back then, i think back to Dj mint and Dj miski and the likes who had a pull like many popular twitch streamers do, when you would want to tune in for them live.
    Last edited by Habbo-Jher; 14-07-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

I wanna be positive. I think it IS possible to create a happy and solid Habbo fansite in 2020, but you shouldn't expect that you can start off with 3 well-intended founders and watch it grow exponentially until a solid member base is formed with a guaranteed method of promotion. There is a whole lot of factors, it's not a Fansite_Tycoon.exe! It may require a long period of organization and that a new fansite contains, maybe, at least 20 active, experienced and caring staff since its foundation date, along with a original design choice, who knows , and something to be immediately provided to the members that are to come. We cannot expect the community to be something to be built little by little for it to happen, we live these ages of immediateness and most of the passive habbo players are just waiting for things, you're lucky if you're not one of them; instead, the community needs to "happen" in order be properly built
    Last edited by LUCPIX; 14-07-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rusted!

Latest Awards:

I love this topic!!!

So firstly habbo is dying and everyone looks as if they are struggling. The comments above about radio are 100% valid especially with the rise of spotify. And the only way you can hit those 50 peaks ono is it your prepared to pay your way.... which is ashame.

New fansites coming into the field.... well as always if you have a strong and knowledgeable team with a base (for example HabboLand) then yes they can thrive... obviously they had contacts and a staff team in place (due to their insane about of reopenings). Anything else would potentially suffer, and unfortunately it becomes a staff stealing game.

I have been there and it's not fun. I admire anyone who tries, but with peoples lack of intrest after the end of COVID and lockdowns who knows will will survive and will will bail.

Tokens
    Habbo
    RichBoiSam

Latest Awards:

Every new fansite has a chance of succeeding however it will be very difficult and require a large investment of both time and money. The problem is there are very few brand new users on Habbo, most new accounts are old players who are returning etc. They already know about Habbox and HFFM etc and that's one of the reasons why we're still popular and also the reason why I joined Habbox back in February. I already knew of Habbox from when I was active between 2008 - 2014 on my old accounts and as I was an active listener at the time, I figured this would be a logical choice.

As Shannon suggested, if you have a strong and knowledgeable team then the sky's the limit (well the Habbo user base is!) It's a bit like YouTube subscribers, if you can just get one new active member as part of the community, they'll naturally tell other people who will also join and the numbers will go up. The hard part is getting that one member to join in the first place!
    PoorBoiSam

"If you don't put me in here now, I'm offended" - Connor (Ozad) 16:34 10/05/2020

Supporting the best club in the Midlands, Aston Villa

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If anyone who reads this is thinking of creating a fansite... You go glen Coco! Create, achieve and be proud. Creating a functional fansite is a great achievement alone, and it can't be easy to maintain, monitor and continuously update the site. It certainly isn't easy to manage staff, trusting them to represent what you have created..

We have our top fansites.. (Habbox is awesome by the way..) but why? Is it simply just because of their history, meaning new ones have no chance? Absolutely not. It's about the community that put it together, and continuously support it. It's about how we treat eachother, how we contribute and how the management oversee it.

I joined Habbox because they have a good reputation. I stay with Habbox because it is continuously a friendly, respectful community that's managed REALLY well!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Samsta.

Latest Awards:

Creating a fansite in 2020 is possible, but it won't be easy. Habbo is slowly dying and if your fansite isn't very well known it's going to be hard to encourage people to join. I think Habbo is only popular now because of Coronavirus. Once people go back to work it will be different.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Agesilaus

I agree with all of the opinions here; there are many factors to consider.

It's most definitely difficult to start a fansite now. But this is how like anything starts, really. I believe most create a fansite without knowing just how much effort they need to put into it and the commitment over a long period of time. Consistency is the key to success. It's a strange world out there at the moment, but such situations could create both new opportunities and difficulties, with the unknown that comes with COVID19 and how that impacts people personally, professional and economically. It's a good process to experience even if it does not last long.

It's also easy for users to go to a fansite that is already established and kicking off with content, like Habbox, but some people might enjoy supporting a new Habbo fansite if they like it and want to see it grow.

Tokens
    Habbo
    KatieJP

I agree with what mostly everyone else has said. I think people can go into it without realising the amount of work involved! Also the one thing that will never be the same with new fansites is the OG nostalgia!!