HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    What I decide to wear and what chances I take are a matter for me, and not an overzealous state.
    It's not about the chances you're taking for yourself. Do you actually know ANYTHING about this subject?
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    It's not about the chances you're taking for yourself. Do you actually know ANYTHING about this subject?
    Have you even listened to Lord Sumption on this? Those at risk - the elderly and with chronic conditions - ought to have the choice what risk they are personally willing to take. It is immoral and sinister to halt people's lives and ruin their businesses in some absurd attempt to stop a (for 99% non-deadly) virus THAT IS HERE.

The only question is its progression: does it work its way through the population at a slow or a fast pace? There is no "stopping it".

For gods sake why can people not see the logic on this one?

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

You genuinely think that wearing a mask is a bigger imposition than someone not being able to go outside because people like you make it too dangerous for them... wow. I'm not talking about lockdowns and business closures, but the simple act of covering your face to help protect the vulnerable which is not a big deal. What you're saying amounts to (albeit obviously exaggerated, because you only seem to be able to deal in extremes) "I should be able to spray bullets around the neighbourhood if I want to, and then it's up to other people if they want to walk in front of me or not". There's just absolutely no humanity OR logic.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    How do you know? As far as I am aware no vaccine has been developed for any Coronavirus.

HIV has been researched for years yet no vaccination exists, and the common flu continues to evade us.
    because I read what is said and keep up with progress of the trials? just at a glance, other strains likely havent had a vaccine because other strains haven't been as big of an issue i.e. no funding. also a bit pointless comparing it to HIV. with a quick Google you can see the difficulties with that virus which is unlikely to be the same as with this. do you actually look up your own statements before saying them?

What I decide to wear and what chances I take are a matter for me, and not an overzealous state.
    cool and i can decide you are needlessly selfish since the point of a face cover is to stop the wearer spreading it

The lockdown recession is an actual real recession, not an imaginary one like the one you thought we'd have if we left the EU.
    hold that thought for jan/feb pal, but your sentiments of not giving a shit were still present

Now that the burden is lifted and hospitals have remained empty - including Nightingale hospitals, why is Britain now facing another partial lockdown?

The *only* reason for a lockdown was to prepare the NHS. A lockdown does not stop a virus - this virus is going to work its way through the population.
    to stop it overwhelming healthcare still and protect people... btw a lockdown stopped it in many countries just saying

you act as if it's like it was in March and that you're being oppressed, get real. i could possibly understand the sentiment if it was back to the "only leave your house once a day" blah blah, but it isn't. though the way these measures have been handled has been poor at best, but that's what you get when you vote these clowns in

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Opposition from scientists also growing now with thousands signing the Great Barrington Declaration: https://gbdeclaration.org/

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    You genuinely think that wearing a mask is a bigger imposition than someone not being able to go outside because people like you make it too dangerous for them... wow. I'm not talking about lockdowns and business closures, but the simple act of covering your face to help protect the vulnerable which is not a big deal. What you're saying amounts to (albeit obviously exaggerated, because you only seem to be able to deal in extremes) "I should be able to spray bullets around the neighbourhood if I want to, and then it's up to other people if they want to walk in front of me or not". There's just absolutely no humanity OR logic.
    I'm not saying that the imposition of a face mask is just an affront to liberty, but that the mask policy is waste of time. We have seen the mask policy tested in extremis in Spain where it is compulsory to wear one even if you are walking alone in a field - and the virus is running rampant in Spain. In addition, the mask policy does not extend to restaurants, bars and gyms. Stood in a square in Seville last night, I watched a young guy wearing a mask cross a less densely crowded centre of the square, approached his friendship group of 15 sitting together, and take off his mask to drink. A completely nonsensical policy that is incoherent. I also had to wear a mask entering a bar, but the moment I had a drink I did not need to wear a mask.

If those at risk feel masks do protect, they themselves are free to wear a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    because I read what is said and keep up with progress of the trials? just at a glance, other strains likely havent had a vaccine because other strains haven't been as big of an issue i.e. no funding. also a bit pointless comparing it to HIV. with a quick Google you can see the difficulties with that virus which is unlikely to be the same as with this. do you actually look up your own statements before saying them?
    You have no idea when or if a vaccine will be made.

I myself would refuse a vaccine until at least a couple of years or even until I am older and at increased risk to be certain it has no negative effects.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    cool and i can decide you are needlessly selfish since the point of a face cover is to stop the wearer spreading it
    If masks stop the spread of infection then why is the virus running rampant in Spain which has had a compulsory mask policy since March?

Answer: Masks do not stop the spread of this virus and short of locking the population indefinitely in their homes until a vaccine nothing will stop this virus spreading.

hold that thought for jan/feb pal, but your sentiments of not giving a shit were still present
    I supported the lockdown to prepare the NHS.

to stop it overwhelming healthcare still and protect people... btw a lockdown stopped it in many countries just saying

you act as if it's like it was in March and that you're being oppressed, get real. i could possibly understand the sentiment if it was back to the "only leave your house once a day" blah blah, but it isn't. though the way these measures have been handled has been poor at best, but that's what you get when you vote these clowns in
    The logic of your argument will lead to this, hence why the government are now heading in that same direction again. Until someone in power wakes up and accepts that this virus is going to work its way through the population, then we will continue to have a rise in infections as soon as freedoms are handed back to the population.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 11-10-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234