HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    HOSKO02

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Hmm. Possibly buying a number of Pink Marquees which still sit on my old account. Although they've held value, they're very niche items and few in number - meaning selling just one could have destabilised the price. I just checked their price now and they've doubled... but still, it took years for any movement and I was worried about being saddled with them.
    It's the classic 'will I be stuck with these and fighting to fob them off' against 'might I be the only one left with these and so setting the price?' gamble.
    See screenshots of Habbo UK, 2007 onwards: Habbo Archive
    Got your own screenshots from pre-merge Habbo UK? Contact me

All furniture released, ever, in one place: Museum of Habbo
    Have a piece of furniture the Museum needs? Contact me

Tokens
    Habbo
    Boulder

Latest Awards:

Definitely my map of Finland

If I t
    alked to my friends the way I talk to my body I'd have no friends."

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Back when confirming a trade just involved an instantaneus tick (during the shockwave days I think, not sure if it was periodically like this during flash) I remember quick trading being quite popular. They'd sell some expensive item, like a throne, for an hc sofa. They'd trade you the throne, tick, untick, cancel, and repeat this a few times and swap the throne sometimes for something like a red plasto, hoping they'd trick you. This quick trader was quite daring and did tick the box for a milisecond before canceling the throne trade, and retrading and trying to get me to give them an hc sofa for a red plasto or something like that. They traded me several times, sometimes it was the throne, sometimes it was a plasto. I thought I could outsmart the quick trader and get the throne. Wrong. There goes my hc sofa for worthless plasto chair.

Not sure of the actual items involved in the trade I had, but I think it was something like that.
    haha I remember those days. Got stung a few times trying to out smart them

Thumbs up

Story Time

It was way back in 2002....I'd gotten a present from an old Hotel Manager, it was a beautiful Throne! I loved that thing.

Unknown to me I'd I won 12 more of them in a competition shortly after! I'd entered and thought nothing of it, I never win anything. A week after I had won I came online, with no idea until I found people swarming my room asking to see them, wanting to be my friend. So I checked my hand and the Habbo News, It was true! I was hounded with trade offers for weeks, which I kept declining. At the time I think I was the Habbo with the most thrones, so honestly I was constantly overwhelmed with people asking me to trade them.

Later in the year HC was released and people were raving about Club Sofas, they were the new 'thrones' and peoples favourite must have item. Because my parents had banned me from using anymore of my phone credit at the time I couldn't join HC. Anyway, silly me ended up trading most of them for things like a few Club sofas each, a Holoboy for one and a Russian Samovar for another as I thought it would be cool to have each of the Hotel Managers gifts. Leaving me with 8 left. I should have never traded any of them or let people see them in my room.

Gosh I really loved those thrones and they helped me make quite a few new 'friends'. One of whom was a new fan site owner, it actually got pretty popular back in the day and Habbo linked to it. I enjoyed DJ'in and helping out with the site... but the owner was using it to gain my trust the whole time and one day sent me a link which I thought was related to the fan site. He hacked me, took absolutely everything I had, including my beautiful thrones and later teasing me over it Even though I'm sure there were chat logs, Habbo did nothing and believed the fan site owner over me.

I managed to get my account back, secure and debug my PC, but the damage had been done. I still use that 2002 account to this day and will forever miss my thrones. I will never own one again, not now

Note to self,
    Don't trade Thrones for Clubs sofas or trust people on habbo! lol

Country
    United States of America
    Tokens
    Habbo
    __tbl

Latest Awards:

I sold a lot of stuff before the big unity switch.
    Long wavy locks is the biggest thing I regret selling!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Why what have they risen to now... sold mine for 1770
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Country
    United States of America
    Tokens
    Habbo
    __tbl

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Why what have they risen to now... sold mine for 1770
    I don't remember exactly how much and there aren't any in the mp so I'm not sure the avg, but I feel like they'd still hold their value. I honestly just feel this way anytime I sell anything!

Tokens
    Habbo
    ArielxSu

Latest Awards:

You can never truly know with habbo .... it’s all based on luck I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like tbl Liked

Country
    United States of America
    Tokens
    Habbo
    __tbl

Latest Awards:

FURTHER PROOF I SOLD TOO EARLY--

@FlyingJesus; have you sold ALL of yours yet??

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

What you mean all I only had the 1 that I sold for 1770 so yeppppppppp
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast