HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Covid and Risk

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Anyone who refuses to wear a mask or thinks its all fake is an absolute idiot. I have no words to properly describe how brain dead these people are.

If a surgeon can wear a mask for 14 hours to save someone's life, so can you.

Wear a mask and stop risking other people's lives. And grow up. You can afford to not get pissed in a pub for a year, it won't kill you.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Anyone who refuses to wear a mask or thinks its all fake is an absolute idiot. I have no words to properly describe how brain dead these people are.

If a surgeon can wear a mask for 14 hours to save someone's life, so can you.
    Surgeons don't always wear masks, and when they do wear masks it has nothing to do with saving lives/airborne viruses but to prevent potential blood splatter.

Why are you not wearing goggles all day given viruses can be transferred through your eyes? If swimmers can wear them SO CAN YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Saurav
    Wear a mask and stop risking other people's lives. And grow up.
    No. Neither you, Kim Jong Hancock or Chris Witless can order people what to wear.

If your mask works - as you seem to believe despite no evidence they make any difference - then you're protected aren't you, regardless of what I do.

Here's a little experiment you can do yourself. Put your mask on, and spray some aftershave/perfume/air freshener in the room and then proceed to walk through it. Can you smell the aroma? Well, if you can then your mask doesn't work against huge droplets like that so why you think it protects you from tiny virus particles I have no idea. Still, if it makes you happy or safe to wear one then I have no problem whatsoever with you wearing one. You have my permission.

You can afford to not get pissed in a pub for a year, it won't kill you.

"what do you mean you don’t want to stay in your house for the rest of your life??"

Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 18-12-2020 at 08:21 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Oh look Dan's spewing lies that he knows are lies again. NO, wearing a mask is not for the wearer's protection as you well know because you've been told time after time. Stop being flat out wrong and calling it an opinion, it's dishonest and dangerous and I've told you before I won't have it
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Oh look Dan's spewing lies that he knows are lies again. NO, wearing a mask is not for the wearer's protection as you well know because you've been told time after time.
    I'm puzzled by your claim it isn't for the wearers protection. Are you claiming a mask only works one way?

So if you turn the mask around it'll work the other way?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus
    Stop being flat out wrong and calling it an opinion, it's dishonest and dangerous and I've told you before I won't have it
    I'm just quoting what the government itself said in June.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I'm not sure if you're being wrong on purpose (dangerous and very worrying behaviour) or just haven't bothered to actually research anything before shouting about it and acting like you do know which is equally dangerous. In any case no it isn't about them working one way, it's about how exhaling is a forceful movement that sprays moisture and germs everywhere, and if you can stop most of that from getting out then there is less of it in the air around everyone. Nobody claims that a regular mask stops everything coming in or out (and still the bigger risk is surfaces because somehow in 2020 there are still adults who need to be told to wash their hands), but if you have fewer parts of the air being filled with a virus then fewer people CAN catch it by breathing it in and there are fewer places for it to disperse to. It's not exactly difficult science here
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    I'm not sure if you're being wrong on purpose (dangerous and very worrying behaviour) or just haven't bothered to actually research anything before shouting about it and acting like you do know which is equally dangerous. In any case no it isn't about them working one way, it's about how exhaling is a forceful movement that sprays moisture and germs everywhere, and if you can stop most of that from getting out then there is less of it in the air around everyone. Nobody claims that a regular mask stops everything coming in or out (and still the bigger risk is surfaces because somehow in 2020 there are still adults who need to be told to wash their hands), but if you have fewer parts of the air being filled with a virus then fewer people CAN catch it by breathing it in and there are fewer places for it to disperse to. It's not exactly difficult science here
    The government stated the opposite as above, and the Dutch study also said there was barely any noticeable difference between both. Any benefit they have is based on very shaky evidence indeed, and even then there's arguments that masks actually spread diseases given people are then touching/adjusting their masks and then touching surfaces. I see it everyday as a teacher, students adjusting uncomfortable damp masks which is spreading whatever is inside their nose/mouth onto the tables and door handles.

I have no issue with people wearing masks if they wish. However, I will not be told hysterical emotional nonsense that has plagued this entire debate that I am in some way "killing grandma" by refusing to wear a mask when the evidence on masks is very sketchy as the government itself admitted and as we've seen with case studies of countries that enforced masks vs those who haven't. In a free society, the government enforcing masks/who I can even meet up/closing businesses on spurious grounds is an unprecedented step in state power and one I find objectionable.

You can afford to not get pissed in a pub for a year, it won't kill you.
    I forgot to say with this, I am/have been suffering major depression for the past 6 months and have struggled to get out of bed everyday, staying in on weekends. My concern isn't because I "want a pint with the lads" as I haven't done that in a long time given my current mental state, my concern over this entire thing is the millions of cancer diagnosis that aren't taking place, heart diseases, old people abandoned in care homes, businesses being thrown under the bus, mental illness, the assault on civil liberties - the list of damage from this that isn't being shown on the news but which seems to me to be far more damaging than this virus itself.

You may disagree with that view, and that is fine. But do not class us who have concerns with this as being selfish because there is more to life than Covid-19.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 18-12-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Surgeons don't always wear masks, and when they do wear masks it has nothing to do with saving lives/airborne viruses but to prevent potential blood splatter.

Why are you not wearing goggles all day given viruses can be transferred through your eyes? If swimmers can wear them SO CAN YOU.
    Are you purposely being stupid? Just for the fake of "opposing"? Surgeous wear mask so they dont accidentally spit etc on the patient. During surgery, all surgeons wear a mask.

If everyone wears a mask, any split etc stays within the mask, so no it will not go in other peoples eyes.

I think Dan you were mistaken, looking at someone doesn't transmit the virus, hence googles are not required. I know following simple rules can be so confusing for some people, and I totally understand people get confused as to how covid transmits, but it does not transmit via zoom calls, it does not transmit by looking at someone, and it does not transmit by looking up at the sun. So you do not need googles. Hope I have saved you some money Dan. You are very welcome.

No. Neither you, Kim Jong Hancock or Chris Witless can order people what to wear.

If your mask works - as you seem to believe despite no evidence they make any difference - then you're protected aren't you, regardless of what I do.

Here's a little experiment you can do yourself. Put your mask on, and spray some aftershave/perfume/air freshener in the room and then proceed to walk through it. Can you smell the aroma? Well, if you can then your mask doesn't work against huge droplets like that so why you think it protects you from tiny virus particles I have no idea. Still, if it makes you happy or safe to wear one then I have no problem whatsoever with you wearing one. You have my permission.

"what do you mean you don’t want to stay in your house for the rest of your life??"

IT REDUCES THE RISK OF TRANSMISSION. GET THAT IN YOUR SMALL HEAD. IT IS DUE TO IDIOTS LIKE YOU THAT THE VIRUS IS SPREADING, AS YOU THINK THESE MASKS ETC ARE ALL USELESS. DO YOU HAVE A PHD IN SCIENCE? NO. DO YOU KNOW MORE THAN EVERY LEADING SCIENTIST? NO. THEN STOP SPREADING CRAP ONLINE. IDIOTS READ WHAT YOU POST, THEY THEN GET CONFUSED. REFUSE TO WEAR A MASK. AND DUE TO THESE STUPID ASS POSTS, THE VIRUS SPREADS MORE.

IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL TO BE THIS BLOODY STUPID.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I forgot to say with this, I am/have been suffering major depression for the past 6 months and have struggled to get out of bed everyday, staying in on weekends. My concern isn't because I "want a pint with the lads" as I haven't done that in a long time given my current mental state, my concern over this entire thing is the millions of cancer diagnosis that aren't taking place, heart diseases, old people abandoned in care homes, businesses being thrown under the bus, mental illness, the assault on civil liberties - the list of damage from this that isn't being shown on the news but which seems to me to be far more damaging than this virus itself.

You may disagree with that view, and that is fine. But do not class us who have concerns with this as being selfish because there is more to life than Covid-19.
    Then stop making dumb comments which risks causing some people not to follow government guidance which is there to reduce the spread of COVID. Instead, your posts are doing the opposite of what you CLAIM you want, which is end COVID quickly so you can get out and all the treatments can resume.

But na, idiots keep making dumb ass posts which means people get confused, they don't follow guidance, virus spreads faster.

How hard is it to wear a mask, use santiser, wash your hands, keep a safe distance? If everyone did it, virus would reduce. But noooooo, it is SO DIFFICULT to follow some basic things.

"There is more to life than COVID-19" .... yeah say that to the families of deceased health officials. If they do not beat you up, you are lucky.

- - - Updated - - -

There is being stupid, and there is being brain dead. Clearly some people here are brain dead.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Are you purposely being stupid? Just for the fake of "opposing"? Surgeous wear mask so they dont accidentally spit etc on the patient. During surgery, all surgeons wear a mask.

If everyone wears a mask, any split etc stays within the mask, so no it will not go in other peoples eyes.
    Ridiculous. I'm not performing surgery nor am I talking into an open wound.

I think Dan you were mistaken, looking at someone doesn't transmit the virus, hence googles are not required. I know following simple rules can be so confusing for some people, and I totally understand people get confused as to how covid transmits, but it does not transmit via zoom calls, it does not transmit by looking at someone, and it does not transmit by looking up at the sun. So you do not need googles. Hope I have saved you some money Dan. You are very welcome.
    Viruses can be transmitted via your eyes. So I will ask again: why are you not wearing goggles?

IT REDUCES THE RISK OF TRANSMISSION. GET THAT IN YOUR SMALL HEAD. IT IS DUE TO IDIOTS LIKE YOU THAT THE VIRUS IS SPREADING, AS YOU THINK THESE MASKS ETC ARE ALL USELESS. DO YOU HAVE A PHD IN SCIENCE? NO. DO YOU KNOW MORE THAN EVERY LEADING SCIENTIST? NO. THEN STOP SPREADING CRAP ONLINE. IDIOTS READ WHAT YOU POST, THEY THEN GET CONFUSED. REFUSE TO WEAR A MASK. AND DUE TO THESE STUPID ASS POSTS, THE VIRUS SPREADS MORE.

IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL TO BE THIS BLOODY STUPID.
    The scientists and government said masks don't work in June.

Then stop making dumb comments which risks causing some people not to follow government guidance which is there to reduce the spread of COVID. Instead, your posts are doing the opposite of what you CLAIM you want, which is end COVID quickly so you can get out and all the treatments can resume.

But na, idiots keep making dumb ass posts which means people get confused, they don't follow guidance, virus spreads faster.

How hard is it to wear a mask, use santiser, wash your hands, keep a safe distance? If everyone did it, virus would reduce. But noooooo, it is SO DIFFICULT to follow some basic things.
    There is no "ending" endemic viruses.

Spain have followed draconian rules like you want, and infact locked down completely back in March and the virus is back to square one.

How long would you be prepared to close down the country - with the suicides, job losses, loneliness and cancers - for in regards to this virus?

"There is more to life than COVID-19" .... yeah say that to the families of deceased health officials. If they do not beat you up, you are lucky.
    Did you wear a mask from birth to stop the transmission of the common flu which kills tens of thousands each year?

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

heres a government paper suggesting facemasks work in april 2020 https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-21-april-2020
    WHO discussing use of the mask on June 3rd, generally advising for it https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/...=1&isAllowed=y

maybe dont just trust the government which on wednesday said christmas wouldnt be cancelled, who then go on to cancel it

i literally dont even understand this issue with masks. i can understand not liking lockdowns etc. but its a big of fabric on your face like jesus christ calm down
    Last edited by dbgtz; 19-12-2020 at 06:41 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast