HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Covid and Risk

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Covid and Risk

I wondered this... what amount of risk are you willing to take at the moment (if everything was possible) in terms of Covid.

Would you, as this moment...

- Go into a shop without a mask?
    - Go to a crowded pub or bar?
    - Go to a crowded club?
    - Shake hands with a stranger?
    - Go to a concert?
    - Get on a plane and go abroad?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

For my personal safety, I'd do all of those things

However since mostly all of those things involves me risking others along with family members, I wouldn't do any of them, aside from go on a plane, I'd still do that assuming there were restrictions and safety measures in place still.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

I would do all of them and have done some of them recently.

I'm genuinely gobsmacked that healthy people are putting their lives on hold/not seeing anyone because of a virus with a 0.3% death rate.

My aunty had a phone call the other night from the daughter of her elderly (former) neighbours, telling her that the Dad had passed away (aged 99) and the mother was now going downhill immediately afterwards. Why? Both had been incredibly active, went to Church and were always meeting friends.... but thanks to the lockdown madness, both had been deprived since February of their social routines and as a result their health had declined and he passed away. At age 99 your time is extremely limited, so he lost his life and more importantly their quality of their remaining life hiding from a virus that yes at age 99 could've killed him but then so could the flu. Or a bad cold.

My grandparents, both aged 85, have chosen to continue living their lives as normal. And I completely agree with them.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 16-11-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Mines more to the point that my mum has kidney problems and a high blood pressure, my step dad has crohn's disease, my grandma has diabetes, and other family members with various conditions... so they're all extremely vulnerable, especially to new viruses such as covid, so for me it's not worth the risk, I'd rather be safe for a few months, even a few years, if it means that my family can be safe... Obviously this 0.3% death rate I assume it calculated on healthy people who got infected too, meaning if you actually calculate the death rate for people with underlying health conditions, then you'll probably find the death rate is a lot higher.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Restrictions are not about risk to yourself, never have been, and you know this. For myself I'm not that bothered - I don't WANT to catch it but I don't believe it would do me massive damage and I don't feel in danger personally. I do not however wish to be a carrier or run the risk of infecting those around me, whether I know them or not. Of course it isn't fun being stuck inside for months not knowing if I'll have a job to go back to when things start up again, but I'd really rather not be a silent killer who contributes to clogging up the hospitals by thinking that having a beer with the lads is more important than the world at large
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like Triz, buttons Liked
    Love jamiexo Loved

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@Sectional;
    @FlyingJesus;

Those at risk/who feel at risk are free to shield themselves.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

1) That's not how viruses work
    2) That's insanely selfish of you
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

- Go into a shop without a mask? Yes - I keep out of peoples way.
    - Go to a crowded pub or bar? Yes - so long as I was able to sit away from other people.
    - Go to a crowded club? No
    - Shake hands with a stranger? Yes - I'd use hand sanitizer straight away
    - Go to a concert? No
    - Get on a plane and go abroad? No

The probability of you getting covid goes up the longer you spend talking to someone and the distance you are from them. A brief conversation with someone isn't going to do any harm. Most covid is transmitted in a household setting, people spending extended periods of time with each other talking, coughing, etc.

Whilst I am fit and healthy, I have already had covid and I had a slight cough for a day and that was all... the chances of me passing it on are high. The week before I had a positive test I was in close contact with a friend, we stood in her kitchen chatting for about 20 minutes. We didn't wear masks. She unfortunately got covid. The day after I went to see my accountant, I wore a mask and was stood talking to her for about 15 minutes, she never caught covid. It does prove that a mask does work. For most people covid will just be similar to a cold or mild flu, however for some people it is a death sentence. I don't want to be accountable for indirectly killing someone. It's almost genocide to let the virus rip through a country.
    Last edited by DJ-Ains.T; 16-11-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

that's a great option for people who can afford to do that, but that's not the case for most people..
    My grandma is 72 and still working, she's not working because it's fun or out of boredom, but because she can't live off of the state pension, she's been shielding as much as she can but ultimately she can't afford to.

The same will apply for many vulnerable people, you're basically saying if you're vulnerable and don't have enough money in the bank to take a 12-18 month vacation, then you should be a lost cause because you're taking away my ability to go to the pub with my friends..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    I would do all of them and have done some of them recently.

I'm genuinely gobsmacked that healthy people are putting their lives on hold/not seeing anyone because of a virus with a 0.3% death rate.

My aunty had a phone call the other night from the daughter of her elderly (former) neighbours, telling her that the Dad had passed away (aged 99) and the mother was now going downhill immediately afterwards. Why? Both had been incredibly active, went to Church and were always meeting friends.... but thanks to the lockdown madness, both had been deprived since February of their social routines and as a result their health had declined and he passed away. At age 99 your time is extremely limited, so he lost his life and more importantly their quality of their remaining life hiding from a virus that yes at age 99 could've killed him but then so could the flu. Or a bad cold.

My grandparents, both aged 85, have chosen to continue living their lives as normal. And I completely agree with them.
    Please don't take offence to this, it's just my opinion, you have yours and I have mine...
    I kind of think your grandparents are selfish, healthy people have put their lives on hold to protect the vulnerable. You then get the vulnerable taking risks whilst healthy people are sticking to the rules. Absolute madness if you ask me.
    Like Triz, jamiexo Liked

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast