HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: Amazon Luna

Tokens
    Habbo
    Panda_Express!

Latest Awards:

Default Amazon Luna

So, I know most might know about google stadia, the cloud gaming platform. Well amazon revealed their own, called Luna. I happened to see if I subscribed to Ubisoft+ I could get a code that would get me an invite to early access to Amazon Luna. Well, I decided to check it out. It gave me a 7 day trial of the Luna+ channel of games, you dont buy the games you just pay a 5.99 subscription for the channel. But then there's sorta premium channels, like Ubisoft+. That's 14.99 a month but you get so many games, and they don't have all yet but it has some of the newest ubisoft titles like, watchdogs legion and immortals: fenyx rising, and both are absolutely amazing games. I have been playing farcry 5 and that's also been a good game. So to say the least, you need a 10MBP/s or better speed to use the service, and it can use up to 10GB of data within an hour streaming a 1080p game at 60FPS. It's amazing, and if you have internet that can take advantage of this service, it's basically like netflix/hulu for gaming.

I also have to talk about the controller. It works over Wifi or Bluetooth if you have one of new fancy bluetooth 5.0 low energy adapters (i dont yet) and it uses 2 AA batteries, looks like an xbox controller, feels like a mix of playstation and xbox. Tactile buttons, amazing DPad. I can't explain how much i love this controller, even for PC games with it plugged in or if i had the bluetooth, it just plays so well the controller is so responsive, and with a good internet speed playing on Luna games, the controller goes over wifi aka "Cloud Direct" and you can even play it on your ipad, iphone, some android phones, fire tv, mac, pc. It's an absolute amazing thing I really like it. It's still in the air that cloud gaming is dumb but I actually don't really have latency playing. I have a video of Watchdogs Legion I streamed.

The controller looks like this

Here's luna in action.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Such game streaming services just rub at my PC's nose how its hardware is wholly unready it is for the new way-of-doing-things fashions, lmao, what a shame; but it's of course awfully convenient and desirable to anyone who knows for sure that they will fidn joy on what it has to offer in the moment in time while this text is being typed as, of course, in no time it will become the normal but not only of playing our daily matches

Tokens
    Habbo
    Panda_Express!

Latest Awards:

you have a point, it is so weird but I do have that feeling it might become normal. Internet speed is getting better theyre trying to get faster speeds to more areas, etc. So who knows. I was really surprised how well it works for it being wireless.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mizakit View Post
    Internet speed is getting better theyre trying to get faster speeds to more areas, etc.
    We think we have control over all the progress technologies are making and suddenly there's a new Google 1gbps wi-fi at our belpleasure disposal and one less step towards world domination

the world domination part was a joke

Like Mizakit Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Panda_Express!

Latest Awards:

I have been using it with a USB C cable on pc, and man it is the best controller.