HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: Audiobooks

Country
    Scotland
    Tokens
    Habbo
    MikeyFusion

Latest Awards:

Default Audiobooks

Anyone been listening to any Audiobooks recently?

I’m not a big reader but I’m more than happy to listen to an audiobook. Just about to start Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Haven’t read the Harry Potter books since I was younger.

Love my Audible subscription.
    Last edited by Mikey; 31-01-2021 at 02:08 AM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

I've never attempted a book, let alone an audiobook lol.. I think the last book I read was Biff and Kipper

My brother recently started with audiobooks, like me, he's never really read a book in his life, but he watched "After" and "After We Collided" and wanted to know what happened next as I think he said there was another 2 books or so.. and he said he was frustrated that there was another love interest that plays a huge role in the books, but has very very little mention in the film. Though he said he wouldn't be able to follow the audiobook very well had he not have watched the film, as he's like me and had crap imagination, but at least when you've watched the film, he can picture the scenes, picture the character etc.

Doubt I'd ever give it a go though tbh, I'll just wait for the films lmao

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers
    Like Mikey Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I haaaate audio books I just can’t pay attention to just voices (same reason why I hate podcasts) and can’t picture anything if I’m not actually reading!!

Like Mikey Liked

Ekelektra is offline Content Design Manager
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (Erin)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ekelektra

Latest Awards:

I haven't been able to get into audiobooks or podcasts, I zone out listening to lots of words...

Check out our fabulous wiki!!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,jamiexo

Latest Awards:

I've never tried Audiobooks, but Podcasts make me zone out. I used to listen to one Podcast, but it's so hard for me, as I'm a visual person.

Tokens
    Habbo
    RichBoiSam

Latest Awards:

I used to listen to audiobooks, they're convenient when you're on the go and have no time to read however I much prefer a book as I tend to lose concentration so end up reading the same paragraph twice just to know what's happening; a lot harder to do with an audiobook!
    PoorBoiSam

"If you don't put me in here now, I'm offended" - Connor (Ozad) 16:34 10/05/2020

Supporting the best club in the Midlands, Aston Villa

Tokens
    Habbo
    wazzBab

Latest Awards:

Default Where is a my topic with invite

moderator alert Please do not create posts that have nothing to do with the thread at hand, thanks ~ Emily
    Last edited by sexpot; 10-02-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

In spite of my existent admiration to all of those who by any chance recorded a LOTR reading mp3, audiobooks are entirely dysfunctional and act as a full-time replacement to the physical books as badly as ebooks do!

Obviously there is this potential productive glamour vibe on being the "in my Car bounding for the Gym at Lunchtime Listening to the Second Part of Hjelmslev's Prolegomena!!"kind in liquid times when the whole culture makes one to think they're a loser if they have the time in their agendas to open a book, but if we wanna get the whole intellectual growth stuff that one gets from reading, it is already know that it is strictly related to the way our brain processes ~printed~ words in the written form rather than solely their subject! Of course the whole audiobook idea came up with the straightforward premise of making reading accessible to blind people but, hello!, learning Braile is so much fun and useful

Since every single medium comes to life being a watered down version of the older medium it intends to kill, Podcasts still seem to me pretty much like "FM radio programs in mp3" with the terrible disadvantage of having no parameters of quality, then you don't always know where and how to start listening to stuff unless it is being made by someone you know? Of course, this one, for when the "in my Car bounding for the Gym at Lunchtime Listening to the Second Part of Hjelmslev's Prolegomena!!" type IS in the gym
    Last edited by LUCPIX; 23-02-2021 at 11:34 PM.