HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Undersea tunnel linking Britain together is backed by the PM

Undersea tunnel linking Britain together is backed by PM

Ambitious idea is intended to link England, Northern Ireland and Scotland together

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Mail
    PM Boris Johnson wants to build a giant roundabout under the Isle of Man that connects three tunnels to Northern Ireland, sources claim, but one aide dismisses it as a 'bats***' scheme.

The latest extravagant transport idea backed by Boris Johnson could see three tunnels heading out from England and Scotland, arriving at a roundabout dubbed 'Douglas Junction', before heading across the Irish Sea.

While it is an eye-catching proposal, the idea is said to exist 'primarily in the mind of the PM,' according to one senior aide.

Studies are currently being undertaken by the chairman of Network Rail, Peter Hendy, to find out if the 25-mile tunnel would be possible.

A direct tunnel from Stranraer to Larne would have to cross Beaufort's Dyke - where 1.5million tonnes of munitions were dumped after the Second World War

Mr Hendy has already met the Prime Minster to discuss his findings and his report is expected to be released within a matter of weeks.

But The Times today reports officials at Number 10 decided the 25-mile tunnel idea may be impractical.

Instead, officials have suggested three tunnels, starting from Stranraer, Liverpool and Heysham in Lancashire, could meet at a roundabout at the Isle of Man, before a tunnel stretched on to Larne.
    I love this idea.

Switzerland built a 36 mile long tunnel under the Alps so I don't see why we can't build this. We already have a tunnel to France.

That's what I like about Boris, he has ambition and vision that the Victorians had, and they basically built Britain let's be honest.

Thoughts?

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Why
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@FlyingJesus;

Why the Swiss tunnel?

Why the Channel tunnel?

Why the London underground?

My main pillar of support for this wouldn't be economic, but political. Connecting the kingdom with a massive public works scheme would be a huge confidence boost. A scheme like this is entirely possible, forward-thinking and fits in with climate targets the government has set itself (right or wrongly).

The Elizabeth Line in London is £18bn and serves only Greater London. Why shouldn't northern cities/towns like Liverpool and Belfast benefit from grand schemes?
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 21-02-2021 at 06:37 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think it is a great idea and will improve England and NI business. It will also improve tourism between the two UK islands.

However, unfortumately I do not think this will happen. But if they did proceed, it would be one of the best road projects.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    I think it is a great idea and will improve England and NI business. It will also improve tourism between the two UK islands.

However, unfortumately I do not think this will happen. But if they did proceed, it would be one of the best road projects.
    Indeed. One of the reasons I backed Brexit was for a renewed 'Victorianesque' spirit in Britain of daring and ambition. The plans for the Royal Navy in the next decade are quite exciting with the new Elizabeth-class fleets and the modern Dreadnought nuclear submarine class, and now we need civilian projects to bring the country into the 21st century. Increased independent space missions also. All this, coupled with the trade deals we're signing strikes of self-confidence and renewal. Let's hope the PM gets some form of this project through! The Coronavirus is the perfect opportunity to increase connectivity and spending in the north on worthwhile projects.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 21-02-2021 at 08:14 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Indeed. One of the reasons I backed Brexit was for a renewed 'Victorianesque' spirit in Britain of daring and ambition. The plans for the Royal Navy in the next decade are quite exciting with the new Elizabeth-class fleets and the modern Dreadnought nuclear submarine class, and now we need civilian projects to bring the country into the 21st century. Increased independent space missions also. All this, coupled with the trade deals we're signing strikes of self-confidence and renewal. Let's hope the PM gets some form of this project through! The Coronavirus is the perfect opportunity to increase connectivity and spending in the north on worthwhile projects.

Given all the delays with HS2, this project will probably take 50 years before it even gets somewhere. This is the problem with western countries, too much talking and discussions. In Asia, they will just start digging and building the next day! This is why their infrastructure is so far ahead compared with western "modern" countries.