HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    SunshineShoney

Question Habbo Facebook Password Reset Help

Hi guys!

I feel like I've been going round in circles trying to get help from Habbo directly with this and I'm being fobbed off with different answers each time! So I wondered if anyone else has encountered this issue and how they resolved it. I'm probably being thick, but a step by step guide would be pretty amazing lol!

Basically I've been requesting via the Habbo site for a password reset email, only I never get them. Before you ask, yes I've checked my junk and spam folder

I knew it was the right email as its been that once since the beginning, I've never changed it and I have received emails from Habbo recently to that email naming my account. So I know its the right one! It's also the same email I use for Facebook. I started playing Habbo again since lockdown and linked my account to Facebook. I wish I'd never bothered, its causing so many problems!

Anyway, I contacted Habbo asking if there was an issue with the emails, if there were issues sending them out or if it just takes a while to receive them. I explained my account is linked to my Facebook, so I was still able to log in that way but wanted to reset my password so I can log in normally too.

• First I was told I was requesting the wrong email, that it was part of Habbo's criteria to know it and they cant help me.

• I asked again, resending all the screen shots proving its the right email etc etc and was then asked a million questions about my account to make sure it was mine. I got them all right, gold star for me! To which they replied:
      Hi, The situation seems to be this: Unfortunately, you donĀ“t receive messages from us to (said email)because of an issue with your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. Can you contact them to solve this? Other thing you can do is to create a new account with an email where you can receive our messages. Then, we will link your old account **** with the new one.I knew the blocked email thing was rubbish, I'm getting Habbo emails... But fine I thought. So I made a new account, told them the email and thought everything would get moved over.

• I then get this email...
      Hi, We're really sorry for any previous miscommunication but we've noticed that your account is a Facebook connected account. As such, we aren't able to connect your account to another email address. This also explains why you aren't receiving the password reset emails. If your account is connected to Facebook, you have to change all of your security parameters there - including your password.I TOLD THEM AT THE BEGINING IT WAS LINKED TO FACEBOOK *face palm*

LOL... Well, now I'm stuck because no where do they explain how to do this.... I've tried logging into Habbo with my Facebook password, doesn't work. I've gone to the Habbo Facebook App page and looked at all the settings etc and cant find anything. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, I've no idea where I'm meant to be changing things?

Has anybody had to do this before? Someone please help!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I've never linked my account to FB so can't say I have any experience with that but from what you're saying (and the response you got) it sounds like doing so removes any association with your email address from the account? That doesn't seem right or safe. I guess it's worth doing what they've said and changing your FB login details - can't hurt to update your password etc anyway I suppose - but does seem like an odd way of working things.

Seen some comments on Habbo's Twitter lately saying there are login problems when using Facebook anyway, so the last part where you can't now get in at all could be to do with that, but not very good if you're unable to log in using the normal method!
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    I've never linked my account to FB so can't say I have any experience with that but from what you're saying (and the response you got) it sounds like doing so removes any association with your email address from the account? That doesn't seem right or safe. I guess it's worth doing what they've said and changing your FB login details - can't hurt to update your password etc anyway I suppose - but does seem like an odd way of working things.

Seen some comments on Habbo's Twitter lately saying there are login problems when using Facebook anyway, so the last part where you can't now get in at all could be to do with that, but not very good if you're unable to log in using the normal method!
    Weird isn't it? They can see that the email is the email to the account, but because its linked to my Facebook I cant receive emails? Yet I have been? It just doesn't sound right and like I'm being fobbed off again. Nothing on help pages explains how to do this and they have stopped replying to emails since I've asked how.

I've tried changing my password on Facebook then use that on Habbo, but nope! It only seems to effect my Facebook, not Habbo. So I really don't understand it. I don't understand what settings I'm meant to change or where. There are no options on the Habbo Facebook app face or anything.

I have the option to unlink my Facebook to my Habbo account, but I'm worried that it might back fire and I wont be able to get into my account at all because of the email thing.

Has anyone else linked their account to Facebook. If you request a password reset email, do you receive it?