HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens
    Habbo
    squishymidget

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Another one who enjoys lockdowns and excessive control to counter a relatively mild threat.

Aren't thousands of your fellow Australians currently stranded abroad because PM Morrison has dictated they cannot be allowed to return to their own country? The last time Australians had restrictions on themselves leaving Australia was when the place was a penal colony full of deported prisoners who weren't allowed to leave. It's all incredibly sinister and I say that as someone who was a supporter of the Morrison Ministry as well as the Johnson Ministry in Britain.

Alternatively it might have something to do with a small population, hot weather and not being in the middle of an international flight path.
    You're being very judgemental about a country you're not even from. I don't understand where all of this is coming from. You're also assuming I enjoy lockdowns. I do not enjoy them, I don't really think anyone actually does. I have actually only been impacted by one lockdown which was all the way back in March 2020. So we don't have lockdowns as much as you think we do.

All I was saying is, I understand why it is done. They want to protect the people and if that means a little lockdown until numbers go down then so be it. There is nothing wrong with it? I don''t understand how you can find something wrong in wanting to protect citizens?

My understanding was is that they have been letting people back in the country? We have thousands of hotels these people would go into for two weeks upon returning. This has been a thing for over a year now. So I don't know where you heard that people are stuck overseas? People are returning all the time. Also there is heaps of people stuck in Indian right now and I only heard on the news tonight that the PM is getting even more planes to go over and pick the people up.

So when you gonna tell her... that we did that too?
    She thinks it's special.... b
    ut it's all reused...

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,jamiexo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Courtneyy View Post
    We are not in lockdown every time someone sneezes, don't be silly. We go into lockdown when there is an outbreak in an area. There is nothing wrong with our government.They are not insane. If it wasn't for our government we would be as bad as countries like the UK and USA. We have things under control here. I would rather a lockdown to protect us than to leave things too late
    Respect definitely goes out to your country. I was chatting to a friend from Australia, and he's like "Oh yeah, I'm going out to the club tonight", to which my initial reaction was "WHAT are you crazy" and he's like, no I live in a fairly large area, but there's only like 5 cases in my area all of which were from people flying over and put directly into quarantine. I wish the USA was more like that. Michigan started off really strong with lockdowns, and although it's unfortunate to not do anything, I'd rather there be strict lockdown for a shorter amount of time than this back and forth of outbreaks. Our governor tends to give in to the popular opinions of the people and loosen restrictions, and that's only made things worse, and Michigan quickly became one of the worst states in the country for cases.

Tokens
    Habbo
    squishymidget

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by jamiexo View Post
    Respect definitely goes out to your country. I was chatting to a friend from Australia, and he's like "Oh yeah, I'm going out to the club tonight", to which my initial reaction was "WHAT are you crazy" and he's like, no I live in a fairly large area, but there's only like 5 cases in my area all of which were from people flying over and put directly into quarantine. I wish the USA was more like that. Michigan started off really strong with lockdowns, and although it's unfortunate to not do anything, I'd rather there be strict lockdown for a shorter amount of time than this back and forth of outbreaks. Our governor tends to give in to the popular opinions of the people and loosen restrictions, and that's only made things worse, and Michigan quickly became one of the worst states in the country for cases.
    I feel so sorry for America. I always have. It seems like it won't get better there. The numbers are just shocking and I am grateful that in Australia we are no where close. I couldn't imagine COVID out of control on a scale like the USA.

At first we also had a strict lockdown that lasted months and we got it under control. Nothing has been bad for nearly a year! I can imagine how annoying it would be to go in and out of lockdown. It would feel like your life being put on pause all the time. I really don't know how America is going to get out of this one. How is the vaccine program going for you guys? Here in Australia, not so good. Yesterday the above 50s were allowed to start going to get theirs and hardy no one turned up! Everyone is scared because of the blood colts some people have been having

So when you gonna tell her... that we did that too?
    She thinks it's special.... b
    ut it's all reused...

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,jamiexo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Courtneyy View Post
    I feel so sorry for America. I always have. It seems like it won't get better there. The numbers are just shocking and I am grateful that in Australia we are no where close. I couldn't imagine COVID out of control on a scale like the USA.

At first we also had a strict lockdown that lasted months and we got it under control. Nothing has been bad for nearly a year! I can imagine how annoying it would be to go in and out of lockdown. It would feel like your life being put on pause all the time. I really don't know how America is going to get out of this one. How is the vaccine program going for you guys? Here in Australia, not so good. Yesterday the above 50s were allowed to start going to get theirs and hardy no one turned up! Everyone is scared because of the blood colts some people have been having
    Yeah, it's been bad for a while. Luckily though, in my area at least, the vaccine distributions are going pretty well. I'm 23, and I got my first shot already and my second is scheduled for May 13th, so I feel lucky enough to have been able to get it already. I live in a small area, though, so that also might be why, whereas other places in Michigan are very densely populated, so they might have more shortages than us. The J&J vaccine was temporarily paused due to the blood clots in 6 people, but I believe they might start distributing soon. I got the Moderna though. We really only have Moderna and the J&J in my area, and I think Moderna is pretty good!

It seems as though the people that aren't getting vaccinated at the moment are the ones who aren't for religious purposes, so I don't think as many are too worried about the potential risk factors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12