HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    welshcake is offline Help Desk Assistant Manager
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (DJ welshcake)
    Rare Values Staff
    Events Organiser

Tokens
    Habbo
    welshcake

Latest Awards:

I joined Habbox in 2011 but started in the Help Desk and events in 2014. From there I swear I've done almost everything. Senior HxHD, senior HxL, head DJ(?), graphics then rare values.
    I took over the rare values manager job from undertaker and became help desk manager for a minute just before I became assistant general manager content. I left AGM due to er ... a personal reason but kind of stuck around until I left properly in 2017. Genuine have no hobbies or anything in real life but Habbox was always something I randomly thought about a few times a month up until May this year when I messaged Empired and said guess what?! I've applied for HxL again. So that brings me to now. HxL and just returned to the help desk. In some ways every thing just feels so familiar here apart from all the new people. I am actually very happy to be back.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

How long have you been at Habbox?

I signed up in 2009 after my friend (also laura) introduced me. I was sort of active on Habbo (as much as one can be when they're not allowed to use a computer) but came back in 2010 after I won a win a room comp with DJ Rave and DJ Robbie and never looked back!

What is your greatest Habbox achievement?

It's a tie between designing & coding the current site/forum layouts, and building RV from scratch.

Neither were completely alone and I just wanna say a massive thanks to everyone, most of which don't even use the forum any more, who helped in that process.

How long have you been staff for?

On and off since Christmas Eve 2010. Fully since June 2013

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

January 2016, 50% of a decade and counting! It was one of my earliest and most unusure days after actually concluding High School aka after minimally being an member of the academic environment for about 15 years nonstop. Habbo can either be the cause or the consequence of your life's temporary darkness! Luckily, I'm the B case!

My proto stages in the context of being a Habboxer expressed firstly when I fled from the Brazilian Habboy panorama kinda under the intuitive impulse of, God knows why, verifying whether the concept of Help Desks was as trendy as it was in my country's Hotel, and everything else. Turns out it was — the instant research took me immediately to this isolated but fruitful portion of available rooms called HxHD, featuring some folks of interesting chats (at least from the perspective of a person who was still yet to develop a minimal sense of English speaking?) and low numbers on their registering dates, in some extent demonstrating how absurdly cool everyone and everything seemed to be, but that's because I'm a lifetime easily-impressed noob! The room building, at the time, provided an aesthetic that reminded me a little of Greek buildings given the profusion of marble, white structures, but I may be fully incorrect on that. That superstars from that era (and present, why not?) were all there: [...] Absently, despect, Empired, Joe, lawrawrrr, Samanfa, welshcake, dbgtz, Plebings [...] and everyone with which I didn't happen to have a considerable level of personal connection but, by the non-necessity of living in a mutual admiration kinda society, still matters because of how they indirectly helped me to develop my habboxology? Like, I have it in my old journal, you can laugh of me: Zealoux (a.k.a. Alysha) casually mentioned the existence of the Graphics Designer and the Pixel artist jobs availability and the invitation did flame a candle above my head, which made me, faster than immediately, to hang up on my now unused HabboQuests account to dive into a white and blue, snowflaky HabboxForum (as, you know, it's set to use a wintery theme as default), took a quick screen print of my now-banned Habbo avatar chewing a carrot with the eyes closed, and created THE WEIRDEST self-introduction thread, on which I probably emphaticise too much on the fact I love watching Warner Brothers short cartoons directed by Robert Clampett, which was the most alien thing I could highlight in a thread of its kind if I wanted to summarize who I was as a human!!!! The fact is that I didn't have ANYTHING to send to the Graphic Design folks as I had a baggage with zero of-recent-memory habbo arts and the only thing that stuck me to the work was the affirmation that "I enjoyed rearranging the digital matter into something relevant, the good whole cause and effect business that art promotes and all that jazz" and that my sporadic moments as some RPG Maker person taught me that pixel arts have their charm as the only digital art form that couldn't be faithfully duplicated IRL and just happens to be one of the most catchy visual elements when done well (still workin' on it)! So, let's see, what should I send 'em as DEMOs? In less than 10 minutes I drew 2 or 3 potentially decent badges with no specific context on PhotoFiltre Studio X (still my number 1 crafting table, after all these years!)... and, the rest, you probably already know!

I have this WONDERFUL but IMPOSSIBLE idea of programming an icon-sized picture drawing tool and asking people to draw beautiful images on it it as a Graphics Department competition. Using an engine that was built to code dragon fights, world maps, hero dialogues, but... not to be a MS Paint replacement. What the HELL was I thinking? It was a blurry wackiness, the sending of 10 different "does it look good?" builds to Shonly per second on Skype, with little to no differences between one test version to another; the impromptu trip to Grandmas' town that tightened the deadline; "Sloths, can you please post this comp for me in X days?" and multiple other inconveniences... only to, in my return to Curitiba, witness the actual competition entries from little people who not only successfully downloaded the program but managed to make something GOOD out of it, pushing the weird lucpix icon painting engine straight to its boundaries, meaning that it paid off in its actual purpose, which made me as joyful as Daedelus seeing his son playing a horse toy he's built — in fact, all that they did won "7x1" if compared to my tests— and gave me the false (false?) sense of security on following the steps as a coding-wannabe!!

OH and designing the generic, aseasonal version of the current Habbox logo? It's the first thing that most of the new folks look at when they walk around our town and, in an indirect fashion, determines their overall perception, which matters when they decide on whether or not they should be one of us, then I think it's one of my greatest Habbox achievements, too

2016-present on multiple Graphics roles (MINUS a 2019 hiatus)
    Last edited by LUCPIX; 08-07-2021 at 05:43 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

In 2016 me and my friend Lill-meeDk (some of you know her as Katja or Kat) came by the Habbox Helpdesk.
    I know about Habbox from rare values but had not joined back then, a lovely helpdesk worker called Cerys convinced us both to join the helpdesk.
    I clearly remember the Habbox awards were right after we joined, and we planned to go in matching outfits and actually won best dressed still being HxHD Trialist.
    Later in 2016 I joined the hxl even though i was very uncomfortable with speaking English but our manager back then despect convinced me, when I 2 weeks after passing my trial as a DJ got offered Senior DJ I knew it was my destiny to DJ for habbox and even though i have left a few times I have always returned.
    My greatest achievement was probably in 2018 when I became Articles Manager when I joined I did not see myself in a manager role but i achieved it, and I might not have been the greatest Articles Manager and my reign only lasted 4 months but I learned allot in those 4 months, I still sometimes go back and find my old articles for nostalgia reasons.
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

This made me log into Habbo for the first time in years to check, but I joined Habbo for the first time on 21st August 2004. The first thing I did was join a "Mafia" and decided to work my way up the ranks... after a month or so and having made it to the prestigious rank of "2nd Boss" I was soon given the ultimate privilege any Habbo at the time who was part of any respectful organisation would be proud of.... I was given "rights" to kick people from the room! It was shortly after this, that a spammer entered the room ****TUNE IN TO HABBOXRADIO.COM TO WIN A HC SOFA****... and I kicked them. But shortly after kicking them I tuned into The Habbox Radio and became a regular listener. It wasn't until 2005 when invited by my brother that I joined HabboxForum. One of the first post I made sticks in my mind not because I remember what I said, but because I was told by another member that "You shouldn't be able to speak"

After that I had a few different Habbox jobs and finally left in around 2012ish. I have returned a couple of times for short stints and do occasionally have a little look to see you're all still here.

I'm torn, 8Freak8 put me forward as HxHD manager when I wasn't even staff because I was "doing a much better job than the people who should be staff" which put ---MAD--- in a really awkward situation and if I remember right upset a few long serving members of staff!

But I think my most fond acheivement I remember was when I worked at HxTV and created my own little series of Doctor Who. There are lots of shows that went out which were probably a lot better, but I remember at the time towards the end of HxTV's life that was the only "popular" show remaining and when I decided to leave was the last straw which resulted in the department being shut down. (or so 8Freak8 told me!) Again it was so much fun and always exciting to see the reaction from viewers!! The drama I think I had with a rival creator also made it exciting!

I can't actually remember if I'm honest I think I was quite a flakey staff member. I think I was HxHD Staff a few times, HxHD manager twice and HxTV creator during my time. I think I was a bit too immature at the time to really stick it out though! Funnily enough I'm now a Help Desk Manager in real life, so I must have learnt something!!

Just to end I wouldn't say I was a super popular or memorable member, but the fun times I had at Habbox will stick with me forever and it'll be a real sad day if I ever come to visit to find it's gone!
    Last edited by Dan2nd; 14-07-2021 at 12:04 PM.
    I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I always meant to take it back. Oh, that box, Amy, you’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand-new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would had…Never had. In your dreams, they’ll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond and the days that never came.
    Like lawrawrrr, Jarkie Liked
    Love jamiexo Loved

Tokens

Latest Awards:

How long have you been at Habbox?:
    I know I signed up beforehand but I didn't really start visiting Habbox actively until roughly December 2007.

There are so many things I remember fondly, mostly a lot of the events I organised. Habbox World Cup, Habbox Monopoly, Habbox Olympics 2012 (same time as The Great Mute that I thought would derail the whole thing but actually made it better), Shipwrecked. I'll also give a shoutout to the Habbox Awards 2010 which moved from being Habbo-based to HabboxLive based. I believed at the time that we could use HxL in more inventive and creative ways to provide the USP that our rare values don't really do anymore. The "rehearsal" that I went through beforehand with the host DJs meant I also thought it was going to be a complete disaster but on the night, it seemed like everyone really enjoyed the different version and the jokes that were awkward in the rehearsal got big laughs. It's always a huge relief when you organise these things, you try to be a little different but you're worried that it won't take off (and I did have a few clunkers along the way) and then it turns out to be better than you expected.

How long have you been staff for?:
    The HabboxWiki page says 2008 to 2015 so I'll take its word for it, sounds right. I'm not a Competitions Manager in real life (lol dan is now a help desk manager, that made me laugh, almost like fate!) but I do think I am better at my job because of the skills and experience that Habbox gave me.

Happy birthday Habbox, now you're old enough, get a round in!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

How long have you been at Habbox?:
    i signed up in april 2011 cos i was taking part in the easter eggstravanza, but i wasn't really active until i joined the events department in october 2012.

my time as competitions manager and the big events i hosted (mainly draw my thing, habbox pokemon, habbox hogwarts, murder on habbox express). i also hold the record for most events hosted in a month which is probably an achievement but actually just embarassing cos it shows how much spare time i had lmao

How long have you been staff for?:
    i was staff from 2012 until 2019!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I joined Habbox on the 19th January 2006 - almost 15 years ago - after my trade room was sponsored by the then-General Manager 8Freak8.

My passage from joining the forum and becoming management only a few months later was apparently unheard of before on the site at that time, so that is one achievement back then that I am happy with. My proudest though was probably my first Rare Values Department because we did a stellar job and everyone really got on well... just a shame it came to an abrupt end, although I did return for another two stints so it wasn't the final chapter by any means.

I was staff 2006-2007, 2009-2010 and 2010-2015 so an overall total of 9 years or so. I'm now retired!
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 20-07-2021 at 01:06 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12