HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Ahhh of course, the old "it doesn't affect me badly so it's not a problem". It's great that you're not personally upset by these things happening to you but unchecked race hate is something that so so often escalates to physical violence that it absolutely needs to be stamped out at its root where possible, including not making people who make these comments feel like it's ok to do so free from consequence
    You first made out that I had no idea about any of this, then I explained I had it directed at me in school and in my previous job.

I got on with it. Insults are a part of life and you will *never* create a utopia where people's feelings will not ever be hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by RichBoiSam View Post
    I was called names and bullied in college and I ended up feeling very suicidal and even came close to taking my own life. But Dan was able to handle it so it's no big deal.
    That's very sad, but the fact of life is that insults on the playground or on social media will never be stopped despite our best efforts.

That doesn't mean to say throw in the towel, but as adults we must take nasty comments with a pinch of salt. That's just the reality of it.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 22-07-2021 at 11:48 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Yes, double down on the "I got over it so it's ok for everyone" angle, that definitely works. Also continue to ignore the greater problems that arise from these insults in favour of letting people be as abusive as they like forever and ever... I've never been more glad that you have no governmental influence, and I genuinely fear for the children you teach if this is how you propose we deal with aggression and hatred
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Yes, double down on the "I got over it so it's ok for everyone" angle, that definitely works. Also continue to ignore the greater problems that arise from these insults in favour of letting people be as abusive as they like forever and ever... I've never been more glad that you have no governmental influence, and I genuinely fear for the children you teach if this is how you propose we deal with aggression and hatred
    Oh for gods sake of course people are affected differently by insults. Well done Captain Obvious. That still doesn't mean we'll abolish nastiness or insults.

Multi-millionaire footballers and celebrities all have the option to mute, block or delete their social media. A child in a classroom does not.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

You're still placing all the onus on the victim and allowing the perpetrators to go unchallenged, can you really not see how dangerous and damaging that is?
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

You're still placing all the onus on the victim and allowing the perpetrators to go unchallenged, can you really not see how dangerous and damaging that is?
    Twitter can and ought to ban them.

What my objection is to is the over-the-top reaction to stupid insults online as though it is the first time we've heard of such a thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123