HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Masks in schools set to be ditched along with working from home + vaccine passports

Masks in schools set to be ditched along with working from home + vaccine passports scrapped

After scientific models were wrong yet again, the government is under pressure by Tory backbenchers to end all Covid restrictions

Turns out "the science" aka SAGE was completely wrong with Omicron, just as it was with the first variants that came about.

Last week the government's own review into masks in schools even concluded they made very little difference.

I wrote on the forum a few weeks before Christmas that pressure was beginning to build on the backbenchers to bring all of this madness to an end, and so it has proven true. With the Prime Minister incredibly weak now with the latest scandals, it will be even easier for my side of the argument to force his hand into ending *all* restrictions by the end of the month when they are up for parliamentary renewal.

I'm also delighted those disgraceful vaccine passports are being apparently going to be scrapped - whilst they were hardly enforced as my own experience in Liverpool over the Christmas holidays proved - they really were quite disgusting and repulsive from a civil liberties point of view.

Like with the European issue, I knew I would bag a win in the end.

Thoughts?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

"Bag a win" is a biased phrase and not always correct.
    Bin Laden bagged a win by blowing up planes.

Sadly, you both fall in the "delusional" category where wrong is a win for you. Typical of people who crave attention. If you feel COVID is not dangerous at all, then why did you get a vaccine - well both doses? You are willing to listen to Scientists there, but not when they are asking you to wear a mask? So in some places where it protects YOU, you are selfish enough to listen, but when something YOU can do to PROTECT OTHERS, you will not listen? Wow, that is a new level of selfishness. If you truly believed COVID is not dangerous, should not have wasted my tax money on getting a vaccine.
    Last edited by Seatherny; 15-01-2022 at 07:33 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Glad things seem to be going back to normal, it's about time! Sadly here in Wales I think the mask issue will remain.

Would be nice to walk down the street and it not look soulless anymore!

Don't believe they even work, not caught it myself the whole time not wearing one & the stuff I wear in work for painting is significantly more robust to stop larger particles from working their way through.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatherny View Post
    "Bag a win" is a biased phrase and not always correct.
    Bin Laden bagged a win by blowing up planes.

Sadly, you both fall in the "delusional" category where wrong is a win for you. Typical of people who crave attention. If you feel COVID is not dangerous at all, then why did you get a vaccine - well both doses? You are willing to listen to Scientists there, but not when they are asking you to wear a mask? So in some places where it protects YOU, you are selfish enough to listen, but when something YOU can do to PROTECT OTHERS, you will not listen? Wow, that is a new level of selfishness. If you truly believed COVID is not dangerous, should not have wasted my tax money on getting a vaccine.
    I literally had the first two vaccines purely in the thought that the sooner we got it over, the sooner we got back to normal. Apart from the first week or two of the pandemic when we did not have any reliable statistical data, I haven't been concerned in the slightest about catching Covid-19 whether I was vaccinated or unvaccinated. That's why I haven't complied with any of the rules - social distancing, masks, testing, stay indoors and whatever else - from the very start.

Only last week we visited my 86-year-old Grandmother in her care home, and she had a slight runny nose. I kissed her goodbye. The next day, we were rang to tell us that she had tested positive and that we should take tests. I declined. I wasn't scared in the slightest that I had caught it, nor was I concerned for her health as I knew she would be fine. Despite having dementia and high blood pressure, and her advanced age, she spent a day in bed and was back to normal. She's had much worse colds lmao where she spent a week in bed when her dementia wasn't bad and she was younger and healthier.

Quote Originally Posted by awelsh View Post
    Glad things seem to be going back to normal, it's about time! Sadly here in Wales I think the mask issue will remain.

Would be nice to walk down the street and it not look soulless anymore!

Don't believe they even work, not caught it myself the whole time not wearing one & the stuff I wear in work for painting is significantly more robust to stop larger particles from working their way through.
    Indeed, although hopefully once England leads the way (as it has over the holidays) then political pressure will build on Drakeford and his gang.

I read the other day that Mexico and El Salvador have now completely scrapped all location/testing/vaccination requirements for entry into the country.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 17-01-2022 at 11:22 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

I literally had the first two vaccines purely in the thought that the sooner we got it over, the sooner we got back to normal. Apart from the first week or two of the pandemic when we did not have any reliable statistical data, I haven't been concerned in the slightest about catching Covid-19 whether I was vaccinated or unvaccinated. That's why I haven't complied with any of the rules - social distancing, masks, testing, stay indoors and whatever else - from the very start.

Only last week we visited my 86-year-old Grandmother in her care home, and she had a slight runny nose. I kissed her goodbye. The next day, we were rang to tell us that she had tested positive and that we should take tests. I declined. I wasn't scared in the slightest that I had caught it, nor was I concerned for her health as I knew she would be fine. Despite having dementia and high blood pressure, and her advanced age, she spent a day in bed and was back to normal. She's had much worse colds lmao where she spent a week in bed when her dementia wasn't bad and she was younger and healthier.

Indeed, although hopefully once England leads the way (as it has over the holidays) then political pressure will build on Drakeford and his gang.

I read the other day that Mexico and El Salvador have now completely scrapped all location/testing/vaccination requirements for entry into the country.
    I'm in a similar boat with my nan, couldn't see her for months due to policies. Thankfully can now but she doesn't remember who I am.

I can only hope Drakeford does ease up, not getting my hopes up though the blokes been a joke throughout and hell bent on destroying Wales.

Seen something similar myself but then also noticed although Mexico doesn't need vaccine passports they require you to test upon arrival. Could have changed again since I checked though, would be nice to be able to travel somewhere!

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by awelsh View Post
    I'm in a similar boat with my nan, couldn't see her for months due to policies. Thankfully can now but she doesn't remember who I am.

I can only hope Drakeford does ease up, not getting my hopes up though the blokes been a joke throughout and hell bent on destroying Wales.

Seen something similar myself but then also noticed although Mexico doesn't need vaccine passports they require you to test upon arrival. Could have changed again since I checked though, would be nice to be able to travel somewhere!

I'm assuming your Nan has dementia?

My Nan only went into care in summer 2021, but before that she was living alone and initially we were staying away from her in the first few weeks of the pandemic not because we feared she would die but you just don't want to pass on the flu to an elderly person if preventable. Then, we noticed just how much she was declining without proper human contact and we decided to ignore the government rules and treat her like a human being with love, care and attention as we normally would.

I feel so sorry for those who have been in care homes throughout this entire charade and have been denied contact with their loved ones. It's sickening and inhumane.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

PM now also under pressure to drop masks everywhere, not just schools.

Given he is so politically weak now and therefore won't want any letters going in, I fully expect him to fold on this.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky News
    Work from home guidance, COVID passports and mandatory wearing of face-masks will be scrapped in England, as Boris Johnson announced the lifting of Plan B measures.

The prime minister said people will no longer be told to work from home "from now on", and from Thursday next week mandatory mask-wearing and COVID certification will
    end.

He confirmed the intention to end self-isolation rules for people with coronavirus in the coming weeks. The legal requirement would lapse when the regulations expire on 24 March, he said, and that date could be brought forward.
    Mask freaks on Twitter aren't happy.