HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,jamiexo

Latest Awards:

Default Should COVID-19 vaccinations be mandatory?

With the COVID-19 pandemic in full swing, there are debates centered around the vaccinations. Many workplaces, schools, etc. are requiring people to be vaccinated, or provide an exemption whether that is due to medical or religious purposes.

So, the debate for the month of March is... Should COVID-19 vaccinations be mandatory?
    What are your thoughts?

THIS DEBATE CLOSES 31ST MARCH AT 11:59PM BST!

Please take a look at the debates guidelines.

MadameJaquack is offline Assistant Events Manager
    HabboxWiki Staff
    Articles Writer

Tokens
    Habbo
    MadameJaquack

Latest Awards:

I see no one has responded lol.

WELL I think it's a tricky one. I don't think the vaccine should be mandatory for every single person on the planet, of course there's going to be people that are allergic and people that will always refuse and say it's infringing upon their human rights and blah blah blah.

I think for some settings, professions, living situations, conditions etc it should be. For example, I work in the care sector and I truly believe every single person in the care sector should be vaccinated, and it should be mandatory for them to be vaccinated. It's pretty straight forward but on a day-to-day basis you are visiting and caring for vulnerable people who, if they were to get COVID, would likely not survive it. I don't wanna hear anything about survival of the fittest or that crap, if you work as a carer you are stating when you take on that job that you will do anything necessary to ensure the safety and wellbeing of those clients. I also think anyone who knowingly is in contact with vulnerable people (such as family members) should also be vaccinated. I think a lot of people see the vaccination argument from a selfish perspective, when I believe it's most important to think about other people that could potentially be harmed by you not have a simple vaccination.

Truthfully, I think everyone should have it but I also don't think it's justified to tell everyone they HAVE TO have it if ya get me

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rusted!

Latest Awards:

As part of my job, I deal with this question almost on a daily basis. The vaccine choice should be down to the individual. Some people follow the crowd and have a made up excuse that's based on online theory's and non evidence based theory's, whilst other individuals have a genuine fear. I can relate to those that have a genuine fear. Especially concerns around pregnancy later in life and underlying conditions such as sickle cell. It was actually something that crossed my mind when the vaccine was first offered to me, and I can see venerable adults who are trying to conceive finding it difficult to overcome that fear.

As long as the majority of the population are vaccinated and have chosen to vaccinated we are providing some form of heard immunity to those that cannot and do not wish to have the vaccination. The vaccine will eventually become like the flu vaccination ( hopefully combined if the current clinical trials have positive results).