HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Lightbulb Wiki page https://habboxwiki.com/Characters shouldn't have been renamed?

@Cameron446:

You renamed the HabboxWiki page about the widget Characters (a defunct Habbo feature). You renamed it to Avatars and changed the text so it says the widget was called Avatars.

https://habboxwiki.com/Characters

Was the name of this widget indeed Avatars or is this a falsification of history? In case of the latter I suggest to undo the changes.
    ValidUsername - Name officially declared valid by the General Site Manager

(My previous name was HxWikiEditor and caused confusion. I'm not a staff member.)

cameron446: is online now HabboxWiki Staff
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (Music)
    Rare Values Staff
    Guest Events Organiser

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    _spirit

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by ValidUsername View Post
    @Cameron446:

You renamed the HabboxWiki page about the widget Characters (a defunct Habbo feature). You renamed it to Avatars and changed the text so it says the widget was called Avatars.

https://habboxwiki.com/Characters

Was the name of this widget indeed Avatars or is this a falsification of history? In case of the latter I suggest to undo the changes.
    It was renamed to Avatars, now on the new client its called switch character and on the flash client its called AVATAR SELECTION. You did not need to create a thread over this as if you feel the page is wrong you could of even edited it yourself. I changed the page name because the use to be a talk page which I deleted a few days ago from a previous member of staff who have been around longer than me. Plus if you read the page the first bit of the intro is "Avatars also known as characters was a handy widget on the Habbo home page." Please don't call me out in a thread like this again, if you feel something is wrong either PM me or edit the page yourself. Thanks.
    Last edited by cameron446:; 02-03-2022 at 05:26 PM.
    Like welshcake Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

It’s a bit dramatic and demotivating to say things like it’s a “falsification of history” don’t you think?

This feature used to be called characters, now it’s called avatars. Don’t know when it changed, probably when Shockwave was discontinued?

First sentence says “also known as characters” which makes it obvious it has been used interchangeably.

Thread closed

Like cameron446:, Triz Liked